[Suggestion] To all Infiltrators that snipe

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IronMouse, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oTec

CQC infiltrators require skill, "Long range" as in almost half a base away requires skill. Hands down, i've tried it on my TR. Most of my kills were like within 100-150m, not exactly long range. Actually just the sniper you mean Mouse, a dude sitting in a crevice spamming recon darts and sniping people. Hence i got soo bored of it i just deleted my character. Having a 5.5K/D means nothing if you never actually won a gunfire duel. I did try to help my team with darts, spotting and counter-sniping (wich was almost exclusivly doing at the last moments on that account because i understood it sux to get sniped). But it was boring and i felt like i could do more as a combat medic (wich is like the most ungrateful job ever, LA ftw). I understand what you mean, but evry infil who actually likes doing this is just going to flame at you if you post it like this :/
    • Up x 1
  2. ElvishSlayer

Hi

Oki

Only Possible if you're LA maybe HA or MAX.

Fact: Sniping with LA from a tree or a tower or roof of a buliding is totally ok but an infiltraitor who has less surivivabilty then any other class sniping from a hill is pure cowardness and he is also cheap.

It seems that infiltraitor dosen't require that congrats OP on noticing that (I'm being sarcastic)

Also sniping not requring aiming, timing and awareness do I really need to read this.

Only if I have stalker cloak.

What If I'm not aggressive I'm I also an evil camper than?

Also OP if you were bloody killed when you were bloody moving than that infiltraitor desereved the bloody kill because that requires awareness,great aim and timing and if you were careless and stopped moving than its your bloody fault because you were shot.

And before you call me an evil camper I play stalker infiltraitor not a hunter
    • Up x 3
  3. stalkish

Pray tell, what qualifies people to talk about any topic on this forum.

I have asked this before but not got an answer (wonder why).
    Say some1 posts a lib is OP thread, what qualifies me to speak about the lib? 1000 hours in a lib? 1000 deaths from a lib?
    What qualifies me to talk about HA, or LA, or Infil.
    What qualifies me to talk about tank balance or ESF abilities?

Please lay it out in a nice clean neat way so that i can make a PSA about it and the requirements for people to post on these forums. Wouldnt want underqualified people chimming in where they arnt wanted would we.

Thanks very much for your assistance.
    • Up x 2
  4. Jubikus

ahh just the right amount of sarcasm.
  5. Goldmonk

As a player who enjoys sniping from a distance, it's a legitimate strategy.[IMG]
    Enjoy my well-placed bullet through your cranial cavity.
    • Up x 2
  6. IronMouse

Mission accomplished. I am off to play the game. Snipe well.
    • Up x 1
  7. Goldmonk

Oh I will, I will.[IMG]
  8. IronMouse

You convinced me. Sniping is risky business, one of critical importance to your respective factions. You, brave men, keep the rest of us "farmers" safe by spotting those evil Sunderers and shooting at spawn-beacons-of-doom, doing the dirty work no one else could.

The very thought of your bravery and sacrifice brings tears to my eyes.

Thank you. Knowing you exist out there gets me through the night.

I've done what I came for. I brought attention to your cowardice and disgraceful camper tactics. Justify it all you want, you're still only campers, nothing more. Be well. :)
  9. Takara

Neither is it fair you can drop C4 from the roof where MAX's can't fight back. *shrugs* If you don't like getting shot by the sniper that far away. Go out there and kill him. I do it all the time, most of the time I ignore the first kill from a sniper. But if they hit me a second or third time i'm going to drop what ever I'm doing and go put them in the ground. *shrugs* To me, it's fun sneaking around them with another cloaker or LA and dropping them. I'm sorry you don't like that playstyle. But just logging in to make a post insulting them is childish.
    • Up x 3
  10. Iridar51

Light Assault is less useful than any other class in one and only teamplay scenario: when a bunch of attackers gets cramped inside a capture point building, behind turrets and MAXes, and protects the point from incoming base defenders.

Usually the building gets surrounded within minutes, all exits are camped, and there is no respawn option for the attackers, only medic's revives. This is the only case where having LA is worse than any other class.

In all other cases LA can be incredibly useful in playing for the objective, and shooting in the back of a guy who's shooting at your teammates is too a form of teamplay. Sitting on a roof shooting down is just one of the many ways an LA can flank enemies.

Yes, LA can be completely useless too, like any other class. It's all in player's hands.

I'd ******* die of laughter if I ever saw spitfire turret stop LA from doing anything.
    • Up x 1
  11. Takara

Guns were invented so we can sit some place safe and fire bullets out of them to kill our enemies from a safer location. That way...we don't have to run around like idiots with clubs trying to dodge other clubs all the time.

When someone calls a sniper a camper in a game this size it is obvious that they themselves don't have a full grasp on it. This isn't Quake 2 camping is a legitimate thing to do when you have a long rifle that doesn't hold a candle to all the 75 and 100 round clip HAs running around. It is actually both a reasonable and intelligent thing to do. Because believe it or not when i snipe I aim for people using anti Vehicle weapons....and it usually turns the tide of the fight when all those AA rocket guys end up dead and can't shoot at our ESF's tha tthen proceed to control the battle field. Way more effective then trying to suicide in with c4. *Shrugs*

Ultimately...why would you come here to knock someone else's play style just because you don't like dying to it? It's a role that is useful and helps your team. I would be willing to bet you have little idea of how often you didn't die because of a sniper on your team.
    • Up x 1
  12. KillerGnolle

sure we made an influence of the battle.

we killed you and now your are pi**ed off.

great job of us i believe.
  13. CorporationUSA

so much salt.

FYI, you can do the same as an HA with a long range LMG, or an LA with the long range carbine and a sneaky high point. It's not a big deal.
  14. AxiomInsanity87

Snipers are completely useless in this game and i enjoy c4ing them.

Friend or foe, if it's an alert and i see a sniper wasting space (literally) then i'll c4 them.

Ah wait, you can spot enemies that we know are there or in front of us. Yes they can also counter sniper but that creates a situation where there's snipers having their little 1v1 me bro duels rather than doing anything even remotely useful.

INB4 sniper tries to tell me a bunch of stuff that any class can do better in 1 way or another.

I do however really like smg infiltrators who go ahead and infiltrate bases. I very much like them and have 2 or 3 in my outfit who are great and create much havoc and diversion play.
    • Up x 1
  15. AxiomInsanity87

At least you're honest about being nothing but a pointless troll.
    • Up x 1
  16. TyranEndlos

The irony here is palpable.
    • Up x 2
  17. AxiomInsanity87

Yeah it's some dank kush isn't it lol.
  18. Ballto21

i died to a spitfire from full HP once. it shot my C4 out of the air when i tossed it and didnt see it
  19. AxiomInsanity87

A nerf spitfire thread would be great lol.
  20. HadesR

#LrnToDuck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.