Vehicles you would like to see added

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sticx, Mar 19, 2015.

1. BurntDevil

The Lodestar would be great. I miss flying the mattress of doom.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  2. ColonelChingles

Well I had to have at least one person controlling it to make it balanced... real SAM batteries can be completely automated and be spread out kilometers apart! :D

It would be fun in the sense that everyone would get EXP from aircraft kills, and also that people no longer have to worry about A2G aircraft. In fact it would be more fun than AA is now, because 1) it would actually kill stuff and 2) only one person is needed to provide AA coverage for an entire hex (and maybe the hexes next to it). So it's fun because you could be playing infantry inside a base and blowing people up, while your SAM launcher you brought rakes in EXP outside the base.

The SAM battery is balanced because:
    1) It would require a heavy nanite investment... far more than what any individual could afford. Therefore by the old "I spent more nanites than you" rule, it ought to easily obliterate all aircraft.
    2) It would require teamwork... we're talking about at least three different vehicles working together (more if you add in more launchers or backup radar/command vehicles). This is far more teamwork than any aircraft displays, so by the "teamwork OP" rule it ought to easily obliterate all aircraft.
    3) It would require that each vehicle be deployed for the SAM battery to function, meaning that it is inherently a defensive weapon system. Undeployed vehicles would be easy snacks for aircraft, not to mention ground units.
    4) It would be vulnerable to any part of the SAM battery being destroyed. If the radar or command vehicles were taken out, it doesn't matter how many SAM launchers remain... the entire battery would be crippled. The SAM battery can mitigate this weakness by bringing along a lot of radar/command vehicles, but again this would increase teamwork and nanite cost.
    5) It would be very vulnerable to ground units. Completely defenseless against them, really.
    • Up x 1
  3. Rhumald

You don't run full AP? and you wonder why you lose battles against other tanks...

I just want a fighter ship (Space 'muricaaaaa).
    • Up x 2
  4. Pelojian

I like the idea of SAM sites, radars and command&control centers for AA and turrets with a couple of people or more (depending on how many control links say you were allowed per person to have control over a fixed number of units)

DBG just doesn't want to touch anything related to teamwork upgrades, that at the very least one person could pull (radar sunderer broadcasting aircraft locations to everyone's map) or true teamwork Air Radar Sundie + skyguard + AA MAX/HA etc

besides even if they had the will i could not trust them to make a SAM site to save their own life they can't even make lock-on missiles so that they won't immediately home in on a target (tree/structure instead) or have more then one type of tracking (homing, heat seeker, image recognition, radar guided by ground radar unit) for aircraft defence slot meta. (i.e flares work against heat seekers, stealth against radar etc so no one slot wins all for AA counter)
    • Up x 1
  5. Jake the Dog

"Flanking" believe it or not this is a magrider strength, that is if you actually know the tank that we're currently talking about.
    Flanking happens during combat when one person lacks situational awareness and gets exploited by another.

"Behind the enemy" See "Flanking"

"You get the first shot off" Thank you captain obvious the other options are as follows
    A. Let him shoot first
    B. Don't shoot
    C. You shoot him first
    D. He flanked you and got the drop on you, see "flanking"

"your opponent misses at least one shot", that's one of the big reasons the swag rider is nice... side step that **** and yes it can be done at close range by predicting when they will fire and before that switching direction. I've been beating better tanks (prowlers and vanguards) all damn week.

Also umm, yeah its nice when this happens in all tanks.

This one... "run full AP"
    ... Why if I plan on engaging other AP tanks would I not run full AP??? FYI
    If im in my prowler and I see your tank with anything less than AP I will laugh and kill you
    If im in my vanguard and I see your tank with anything less than AP I will laugh and kill you
    If im in my magrider and I see your tank with anything less than AP I will laugh and kill you.

If you're not an AP tanker you might as well just be playing farmville with infantry because when the AP tanks come around you're toast.

The games not balanced for HEAT/HE to beat AP...

And congratulations you listed several ways that are highly recommended in beating other tanks reguardless of tanks...

Do I want to take on a prowler head on with his vulcan? no...

Do I want to take on a vanguard head on with his extra armor? no...

Do I want to take on a magrider where he will either use the terrain to kill me or magburn to my rear? no...

SOOOOooo I could elaborate what the "etc" part of the comment you made actually implies, but that would mean I would have to write a beginners guide to tanking for you...
  6. vanu123

Read what I said again specifically the part about "RUN FULL AP!"
  7. vanu123

The magrider needs each of these things to line up, the prowler and vanguard on the other hand are much more noob friendly. See Vulcan, IWINSHIELD, extra armor, speed, little drop,etc.
  8. Jake the Dog

lol winshield you make me laugh XD. Vanu man you really don't understand the tanks in this game. Im sorry, you've been going at these posts for a long time, I think its time you hang up the hat.
  9. Jake the Dog

Also no it doesn't I hate to break it to you, but Im pretty sure you just suck at tanking.
    In about 2 weeks time I've out played every tank of varying cert levels multiple times, with a FULL AP (which means AP main and secondary fyi). With just a few certs in the tank itself. So quit griping, it shows ignorance
  10. JKomm

I think the choice is obvious... Battle Frame Robots, and NOT like they were in Planetside 1, BFRs should be more like walking Lightning tanks with 2 guns, and with MBT-like special utilities, TR obviously gets lockdown, NC gets a shield, and VS would have a small jumpjet. The looks should be that of what SirCrazed12 posted over 2 years ago in this thread, https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/mechs-for-planetside-2-pics-included.93547/

People never want to see them in PS2 because of how OP they were in PS1, and I think the solution is simple... don't implement the same features! They were broken because they could fly AND had a shield. Now those would be more-or-less the ES abilities.
  11. DrBash00

I also would love to see some "titan" or gigantic vehicle...
    Mapy wich can be pulled from a OUTFIT, and they should be like the mothership in indipendence day or something like that.
    (BF 2242.. managed this pretty nice). Of course there should only be a FEW of the bigger vehicle, but it would be really nice.

Also walker would be nice vehicle....

But i think before we talk about bringin in new vehicles we need to make the existing ones more valuable.
    Right now nearly every base is "protectet" from vehicle by walls etc....
    This leads to NO real vehicle - outfits no REAL vehicle fighting, because in order to capture a base, you need to leave your tanks and go inside... after 3 mins you got the base, need to pull new tanks and move to the next base, where you can leave your tank again... and after 3 mins spend another 450 nanites to pull a new one, this is not funny neither rewarding at all....

I loved the OLD esamir, on miller we had the RUSL (a russian clan) wich always Tank zerged around esamir, they where really hard to fight and we gave them some really hard battles (4 prowler vs... 8 - 12 vaynguards.. both coordinatet)
    I can not say we ever whiped them completly, but at least the battles where epic and it ment something to clean up there tank zerg.

Now nobody runs a tank zerg, because it is just not usefull at all.
  12. vanu123

Being nearly invincible and having 7-8 thousand effective health in a 1v1 tank battle is an IWINBUTTON. A lockdown prowler might have the DPS to punch through it, a magrider on the other hand, couldn't.
  13. vanu123

BR 88 TR/ BR 46 NC/ BR 28 VS..... hmmmm ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS!
  14. 00000000000000000000

Ok since we are just basically wishlisting here I go. I've been holding these in for a while.

WARNING: Most of these are insane. Enjoy

~Current Vehicle Redesigns~

~MBTs~
    Tanks Armor is drastically improved. They can take a LOT of rockets/shells
    Tanks now have various "parts" which can be targeted for various effects
    -Treads: immobilization
    -Turret: Can no longer turn
    -Maglift: Falls to the ground (slightly harder to hit because its underneath but doing so basically gets rid of everything good about the Magrider, so its a tradeoff)
    -Ammo: Ammo loss+Extra damage
    -Lockdown: Lockdown is removed
    -Shield Generator: shield is removed
    -Magburner: magburner is removed
    All of these would be fixable with the repair gun.
    Vanguard & prowler now have a driver & 2 gunners (main gunner & secondary gunner)
    (I would have done the same to the magrider but I feel that would make it stronger rather than be a detriment)
    Tanks now cost more resources.

Thoughts: the idea here is to make tanks tougher and more realistic while not making them god machines.

~Liberators & ESFs~
    Overhaul flight engine, make both of these into "planes" with no hover mode, they are always moving forward.
    Add airbases as a new major base type (The roof of a tech plant counts as a mini airstrip, you can resupply but not pull aircraft)
    These have long landing strips required for taking off and landing for resupply. Most of which is automated once you get within some landing "beacons" (inside landing beacons you cannot run into other aircraft, so as many aircraft as possible can use them)
    Damage & explosions drastically increased for both. An ESF with AV weapons can one shot a tank from the rear (watch out tanks!), and carpet bomb a decent area with AI weapons.
    ESFs carry one payload, Liberators carry 4. After which they must return to resupply at an airbase.
    Both ESFs and Liberators have significantly weaker armor. (ESFs are burning after 1 lock on, Libs after 2)
    Burning causes you to fall to the ground (you cannot maintain lift.) You can crash land but your aircraft is now scrap.
    Both ESFs and Liberators cost more resources.
    Scythe: no longer strafes has a "shunt" ability to short hop to the left or right, with proper use can dodge lock-ons (cooldown: 20 seconds at max rank). Unique payloads include EMP bombs which act like GIANT emp grenades and also disable vehicles hit. Slowest of the aircraft, same armor as Mossy

Reaver: UNIQUE BOMB, Toughest ESF, Faster than Scythe

Mosquito: "Smells like victory." Napalm (or similar chemical) round, does no damage to vehicles but makes an area unpassable by infantry (along with killing those in it) Fastest of the Aircraft, same armor as Scythe.

Thoughts: Most of these changes were to make these two aircraft hit and run/seek and destroy vehicles, Mimicking fighters and bombers. Special leadership certs would also be available that are only visible by either Liberator, ESF or both pilots. These would mark airstrikes for pilots to engage in.

~Galaxy~
    Reduction in size.
    Reduction in armor/health.
    Remove wing guns, add underbelly guns designed to clear dropzones.
    Must be at a certain height and not moving a certain velocity to safely drop troops, There will be a marker on the pilots hud telling them when it is safe, ejection seats are an defensive option, but are not Failproof (25% of the time an individuals ejection seat will not work, this is to make them panic uses NOT an alternative to safely dropping your troops off)

Thoughts: Make them drop craft, they must get low enough to safely drop their troops which puts them in danger, but they are also more equipped to clear a landing zone and are smaller targets.

~Valkyrie~
    Does not "count" a an aircraft. Lock-ons and flak do not effect it.
    Improved Weaponry (about harasser level.)
    Better strafing, lower overall speed: Front speed: 75% current, Side: 70%, Reverse: 70%

Thoughts: turning it into an attack helicopter. Based on weapon could pin down infantry or hunt tanks.

~Harassers~
    Vulnerable: One rocket should remove them from the field, though a glancing hit will not destroy them.
    Optional rear mounted Kobalt (MAXes cannot get into this variant)
    Alternative Chassis: 4 passengers. Can ONLY have a forward mounted kobalt

Thoughts: They should be hit and run, which they are but I think they are a tad too tough.

~Lightning~
    New weapon: the Xiphos! (those Anti Infantry Phalanx Turrets)
    Faction specific chassis'.
    VS: Hover Chassis, slower and higher body but more maneuverable over terrain (body facing turns to match where the turret is facing)
    TR: Siege Chassis, removes mobility for extra bullet velocity & a weapon specific benefits. Viper: Almost no recoil, AP: More armor penetration, HEAT: Faster reload, HE: Increased blast radius.
    NC: WINSHIELD (mini edition), Slows the Lightning down to add a miniature version of the vanguards shield.

Faction Specific Lightning Weapons.
    ~VS~
    AI: Remember the hand AI lasers on the Vanus BFR in PS1, one of those, on a tank.
    AV: A short range burst laser designed to cut through armor.
    AA: Ever play Raiden? The plane game? You remember how the auto aiming laser worked? Yeah

~TR~
    AI: Dual Kobalts (Lockdown: faster RPM & Reload rate)
    AV: Dual Light Halberds (Lockdown: faster reload rate & velocity)
    AA: No idea!

~NC~
    AI: Shotgun Tank!
    AV: Gauss Tank!
    AA: Again, No idea!

Thoughts: Faction specific stuff is always cool, and adds flavor and excitement to the game.

~Flash~
    Classy Chassis: vehicles gain some ability from their driver.
    Heavy Assaults grant a shield that works like theirs
    Engineers gain an invincible frontal shield (not full coverage of the front, think like an AI turret); Alternatively a weak AoE repair.
    Medics an activated large & effective healing aura.
    Light Assaults gain an extended boost
    Infiltrators get the stealth option for free

Thoughts: just a little flavor to everyones favorite throwaway.

~Sunderer~
    Can't think of anything, it works the way it should.

~~Vehicles I would like to see added~~

~"Goliath" (NS Heavy Tank)~
    1 Driver, 1 Primary Gunner, 2 Secondary Gunners
    Only pullable from tech plants (esamir does not have access to these)
    Heavier than any MBT.
    Faction Specific weapons (along with normal HE, HEAT and AP cannons)
    TR: Gatling cannon: Think like a more powerful VIPER (with a cooler animation, gatling guns are sweet)
    NC: Gauss Cannon: A shot that takes a moment to build up before unleashing hell. Does a LOT of damage and penetrates multiple vehicles. A wide "trail" but no explosion. (Kills infantry around the shot via shockwave)
    VS: Nova Cannon: A charge up cannon shot. A tap will produce a large blast That decimates infantry but does no damage to vehicles, it also EMPS infantry who survive the blast. Charging up to the full 5 seconds produces a Single shot (no explosion) that will EMP disable vehicles for 6 seconds (though it only does about half the damage of the Gauss cannon). You can stun lock an enemy vehicle with this thing (protip: Don't take on a Vanu Goliath in a single vehicle) Charging anywhere in between produces an effect somewhere in between the two. (3 second charge gives you a small explosion with EMP effects against infantry only)

Thoughts: This thing should be big, and scary, but it requires a crew, and 4 lightnings working together should take one down fairly easily. Same with two MBTs. These things should be surrounded by "lesser" vehicles.

~Empire Specific Buggies~
    Eh, why not just give the Harasser more chassis options?
    VS Hover Chassis
    TR Light Chassis
    NC Heavy Chassis

Thoughts: Completely new vehicles are kinda silly when our current buggy more than fills the roll. So like the skyguard why not roll those old redundant vehicles into one alterable vehicle.

FINAL THOUGHTS: I know these are impossible, they are just my wishlisting. 99% of the basis on things were "what would be fun and thematic." Hope those of you who read through enjoyed my daydreaming.
    • Up x 1
  15. St0mpy

Breaching Vehicle...now theres a thought

cant see DBG making money off it tho, its not the sort of thing to mount a weapon on
  16. 00000000000000000000

Like it breaks through walls? or like how people use sunderers where they park them on the other side of a shield and it lets people pass through?

I could dig that. a somewhat long bus-like vehicle, can deploy itself on an enemy shield and people can walk through it like a tunnel.
  17. Messier Object

And engineers could deploy a siege ladder... or club together to build a ski lift up the Auraxis peaks ;)
  18. Serviceman

UR-77 "Meteorite" armored mine clearing system (also usefull like anti-zerg weapon :D )
    [IMG]

See video - how it works: :eek:
  19. Ballto21

20. Reyj21

Ford Mustang ...

... or other aircrafts such as helicopters, jets or space ships.