NS Sniper Preview via Bill Yeatts' Twitter

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AnuErebus, Feb 5, 2015.

1. AnuErebus

2. HadesR

Should be infi only ... And no way should it be HA at all in any way ...
    • Up x 4
  3. Casterbridge

I agree with not HA, though I think it makes just as much sense on an engineer as an infiltrator.
    • Up x 5
  4. eldarfalcongravtank

even though Infil is my least played class, i totally agree with you. boltactions should remain Infil-exclusive. more importantly, Infils are the only class that dont have access to AV weapons right now. why give Engineer/Heavy another one?
  5. HadesR

Also if they do go the HA / Engi route ( Knowing The Dev's they will )

Then unless the weapon does <10 dmg to Infantry it should replace the primary weapon on a HA .. Should not have a Close quarters AND a ranged AI option in the same loadout .. Ofc that's if it does dmg to infantry ..
  6. FnkyTwn

[IMG]

Quoting Higby (from Reddit - the actual official forum - MLG only):
    • Up x 3
  7. Iridar51

I wonder if they know the difference between anti-tank rifle, anti-material rifle and sniper rifle...
    • Up x 6
  8. Reclaimer77

So gun that does crap vehicle damage at range, without enough damage or rate of fire to make a difference at closer ranges.

Ummm...yawn?

Engineers are probably the most developed class in the game, and they need MORE toys?

Where is our Light Assault revamp!!??
    • Up x 1
  9. FnkyTwn

Snipers are crying for access to it, but how hard would it be to slip a squad of Infiltrators behind enemy lines to quickly dispatch a Sunderer it would normally take a Platoon to reach?

I guess this answers the question of why they nerfed the LAs ability to handle a single MBT. Because they're going to be introducing new weapons to do what previous class skills allowed. I'm surprised LAs don't need an implant to fly, or an HA needs a shield implant.
  10. Ribero

Well, it looks nice at least.
    • Up x 1
  11. Reclaimer77

Maybe people should actually guard the Sunderer?

I have several fully certed out Sunderer loadouts. And it always amazes me how utterly unappreciative the average player is that they have a spawn point, and how much they neglect them.

I especially love it when I can see my Sunderer needs repairing, and not a single person bothers taking two seconds to go to the terminal, picking Engineer, to repair it.
    • Up x 1
  12. Pelojian

Looks like it's intended to be an point defence(100m) anti-max weapon anti-harrasser etc with 'light' dmg to heavy armor as a harassment weapon to heavy armor. i highly doubt they'll give it to infiltrators unless equipping it gives up your cloak for it.

infiltrators are an dedicated AI class, not an AV class, if you want to be AV give up your damn cloak and pick up a class designed for AV work. who else gets AI mines other then engineer? infiltrator, who has emp grenades that drain the shields of all in the radius for easier kills? infiltrator. who has access to sniper rifles? infiltrator.

the writing is there infiltrators are an specialized AI class with hacking and detection utilities, not an AV class, rifles are not an exclusive weapon to the infiltrator ether.

Infiltrators are annoying enough cloaking and firing a sniper rifle at long range then cloaking again and they expect the devs to give them anti armor rifles so they can do the same to vehicles en mass?
  13. RemingtonV

I wouldnt MIND it being a infil only. Doesnt need to be engineer or heavy. What I would like to see for the engie is some kind of sniper protecting on our AV turrets. You can rarely get a shot off with one of those before someone forcefully removes your memories of childhood from 200+ meters away.

Back on the rifle it needs to have a high velocity and long range (yet bad accuracy), LOW RoF, HEAVY recoil ,TERRIBLE hip fire, slow reload, once fired your blip on the minimap stays longer, and possibly limits you to the rifle only.

Im a medic IRL in the national guard and often get attached to our sniper detachment. This weapon looks like the Barrett .50cal Anti-Material rifles my unit uses. 5 rounds per magazine, heavy recoil even with the recoil compensators (unless prone and supported), and , by sniper rifle standards, inaccurate at range. Yet due to the massive size of the rounds and the high power of the shot, they are capable of reaching distances that other rifles cant as well as penetrate targets armored against smaller rounds.
  14. Casterbridge

I'm wary of infiltrators with it because it just really doesn't seem like what the class is for, not against it per say but wary a group of cloaked infiltrators with mini rocket launchers?

HAs simply don't need this weapon.

It fits as an engineer replacement for a turret, and I could see it as an LA tool weapon, especially because of the upcoming C4 nerf.
  15. Liewec123

doesn't the crossbow with explosive bolts already fill the role of "short to mid range light vehicle damage"?
    either this thing will need to do more damage or need longer range, otherwise it is redundant.
  16. HadesR

So every other class is a hybrid of AV and AI apart from Infiltrator ? Now I would be ok with that IF the game had more separation in class AV and AI roles .. But it doesn't .. So you can't turn around and say " X class should be the dedicated Infantry class " while every other class can do both at a very capable level .

And TBH IMO it shouldn't really be an AV weapon .. The game has enough ... It should be geared towards being a predominantly Anti - Max weapon ..
  17. Pelojian

to be clear i think infantry AV weapons and tools should be HA and Engineer only. it makes no sense to me that medics would need to carry C4 and light assaults really should have a role other then dropping C4 and attacking from unexpected angles. they could use some kind of tool for team play dunno what though.
  18. JudgeNu

It looks kool but I am not excited.
    What kind of damage does it do?
    What actual, practical purpose does it fill?
    Superfluous, imo.

Give infils tankmines.
    Upgrade the battle rifle.

Anyway, this is more proof to me that the HA shield was meant for AV protection and not the "frontline".
    • Up x 1
  19. HadesR

I agree but sadly the game has already gone to far down the Jack of all trades classes road ( especially in regards to HA ) that it would take serious balls to change it now ... So it's not going happen ..
    • Up x 1
  20. TheBlindFreak

Infil loadout would end up being:
    AMR primary
    Commish psudo-primary
    One-hit-kill knife for cqc

Bam, you have a nice setup that doesn't lose too much effectiveness against infantry but games the ability to threaten maxes.

On the one hand, I'd be excited to be able to give those dirty skillsuits something to fear.
    On the other hand, the infil probably doesn't "need" it.
    But damn...I'd be sad if the infil didn't have access to it.

I'd say as long as it doesn't 1 or 2 shot max suits, it will be fine. A minimum of 3 shots to kill with at least 1 headshot.