Either fix PPA, or nerf Canister

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mechwolf, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Xasapis

Is that a serious question? You don't think that the PPA is underperforming? What would you call it then by looking at the charts below?

[IMG]

[IMG]
    (I placed my cursor on the patch day btw, so the impact of the patch is clearly visible.)

The weapon is no merely worse, it's a straight up downgrade to any other vehicle AI weapon in the game.

As for waiting for months, why? Seriously, why? How long does it take you to learn a new weapon? 5 minutes? 30 minutes tops? We are not talking about a vehicle here, we are talking about a weapon. We are not even talking about squeezing the last percentages of performance out of it, merely an adequate performance. It is obvious that people have reached a ceiling with what they can do with the PPA and it doesn't go up. It won't go up.

Lets be frank. It suits the other empires that this weapon is bad. So lets stop pretending a poop is some juicy delicacy, shall we?
    • Up x 3
  2. Alox

Log in to the game and try out the weapons. In VR you will find that PPA and Kobalt are approximately the same versus stationary targets. In the actual game versus moving targets Kobalt outperforms the PPA hands down.
  3. Borsty

@ Alox: Log in at VR and try the Canister and see that it's useless even against stationary targets at more than 20m. It's a close range weapon, as is the PPA now. Realize it. And close range being <20m, not <50m or whatever. At that distance it will outperform the Kobalt.

@ Xasapis: Good job posting graphs without axis description. What does it show me? Kills per hour? Everybodies favorite useless statistic, that basically shows nothing as long as you don't have the number of users :D Anyway, to quote myself:

For the people that use the PPA, it's doing fine. A lot better than Canister.
  4. Xasapis

KPH indeed. And why is it useless exactly? Doesn't support your argument?

You like KPU better? Here's more of the same:

[IMG]

[IMG]

The numbers are there. The weapon got overnerfed. There is little to discuss.

Canister is 30-50% better than PPA, depending on platform. So no, it's actually the opposite of what you claim, by a large margin.
    • Up x 1
  5. Borsty

Kills per Hour. The average Kills per hour, and not kills per hour per user.
    If a weapon is AMAZING but only a few people use it, the KPH will be very low and you will conclude it is ****.
    If a weapon is **** but everybody uses it, the KPH will be very high and you will think it's AMAZING. See the problem?
    That is why I supplied you with KPU and DPU stats, something that tells you much more about how good a gun is. Because that's based on a SINGLE USER.
    I hope you have realized that now.

Anyway, just been to VR again to give it another go. God I wish I had a gun that good on my NC harasser. That killspeed at close range and the ability to short-burst at range, how I would love that.

It will no longer read this thread. I have given you the important statistics and examples. At some point you will realize the truth or you won't, it is not my problem. If you want an argument for the sake of an argument, find someone else.
    • Up x 1
  6. amega

Vanu !!! Feel the pain as i did when they nerfed LA 80 and Hacksaw !!! And plzzz cry baby cry :D:D:D You whinies posts makes me happy!!!!!
  7. Alox

To be honest, I don't care how the PPA performs compared to the Canister. For me it is about which weapon to load when I pull a magrider, and obviously I cannot load a Canister. Balance between the factions comes down to a lot more than each weapon performing at the same level. I think every faction should have something strong going for them, which 1) makes them fun, and 2) gives the other factions something they have to consider when fighting that faction. I know that when I go up against NC I will have to be careful because there is probably a raven spammer waiting around the corner; but this is something that you learn to deal with and it gives NC character (however you like it) - I would rather have that than three identical factions.

What irks me with this nerf is that it is knee jerk reaction that removes the weapon from any sensible loadout instead of fixing the long range precision delivery of splash damage. Had it retained its close range splash damage it would still have had a role. Nerfs like this just makes the game more boring.
  8. Axehilt

PPAs were nerfed.
    • KPH stats are clearly inferior by an obvious margin.
    Hacksaws aren't nerfed.
    • Aggregate KPH stats are balanced with Onslaught/Nebula.
    • My personal KPH puts them at 2.53 KPM (my highest non-NC MAX weapon is 2.04 KPM)
    LA80s aren't nerfed.
    • Aggregate KPH shows LA80's are higher (31.4) than Longshot (25.7), SAS-R (23.5), Bolt Driver (15.8), as well as every BASR from other factions too. (Only thing that comes close are the low-recoil semiautos like Phantom and Impetus, which aren't clean comparisons.)
    Get your facts straight and learn what nerf means, basically.
    • Up x 4
  9. DrBash00

Will this "nerf everything" game any time end???

-.-

And why everybody always just sees his own faction, start playing the other factions, if you would you had seen the PPA was op, now you had your fun and the fun is over....

But just be patient, soe will fix it to equal. (like the new sriker)
  10. amega

The weapon was ridiculousy op before and now its a waste of money and everybody cry about that. THATS is a NERF from my point of view:DAnd YOUR fact is nothing
  11. Devrailis

My God.

A raging MANister OP thread.

This is most beautiful.
  12. penandpencilman

This isn't the space freedom I fight for. The community has no right to post their convoluted opinions.
  13. Corezer

lol nerf canister =P
  14. Axehilt

It was overpowered enough to deserve being balanced. Nothing ever deserves a nerf.

My facts are facts. Reality happened, we recorded it, and the results are these stats that I'm citing. You can't call that "nothing".
  15. Vraccas24

Well could we just stop nerfing everything but leave balanced things balanced? Banshee does what she is supposed to, same for light PPA. Canister does what he is supposed to, marauder and PPA need a buff again. What next? Nerf Airhammer because too much damagee against maxes? Nerf halberd because too much damage against infantry? Nerf vulcan because it is firing too fast?
    That's just ******** people, finally get that!
  16. zombielores

Just gonna leave this here, Canister stats is definitely not inflated through the roof by seat switchers /Sarcasm

Canister-H

[IMG]

[MCY] Xale ; Kills 3431 ; Deaths 24 ; KDR 142.958 ; KPH 326.8 ; Time 10.5 Hours
    [TIW] G7303H ; Kills 1176 ; Deaths 18 ; KDR 65.333 ; KPH 534.5 ; Time 2.2 Hours

These guys must be top tier MLG, Canister is truly OP and never needed buffs, or seat switchers, take your pick.
  17. iller

stopped reading right here
    No really... this is the most laugh out loud comment I've seen in months on here.
    you'd have to be the biggest newb in the game who's never actually looked at Armor values & Speed to ever assume this
  18. Nody

True; it's only second fastest on top speed.
  19. Hosp

It's also the most painfully slowest acceleration.
    • Up x 1
  20. vanu123

*PPA