Either fix PPA, or nerf Canister

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mechwolf, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Xasapis

7512 - M6 Onslaught-Left | Kills | Daily Average: 1018.79
    7518 - MRC3 Mercy-Left | Kills | Daily Average: 2393.86

15013 - M3 Pounder HEG-Left | Kills | Daily Average: 4003.21
    18% of the above are vehicles, rest is infantry.
    • Up x 1
  2. Palkora

I'm shocked the mutilator is doing so bad.
  3. Gammit

Forumside did not disappoint
  4. Nody

Last time I checked you wanted kills and the difference is 1 vehicle killed per hour does not make up for it.

How about some reading skills to go with your posting skills?
    Notice the AND between NC and TR; which weapons beats BOTH NC and TR, thank you for proving my point on AI MAX weapons though.
  5. Zotamedu

"MAX AI and AV are beaten by both NC and TR"
    Notice have you claimed that MAX AI is beaten by both TR and NC? How can that sentence be interpreted in any other way? How about you read what you actually write before you are being a condescending *****?
    • Up x 2
  6. Zotamedu

The average KPH for both Pounder arms is 14.745 placing it at the very bottom of that list by a large margin.
  7. TheBlindFreak

Never underestimate the stupidity of forumside. And even more so never underestimate the losers who crutch on OP toys. They will be the first to kick a tantrum about it.
    • Up x 2
  8. Schizomatic

Why do these things consistently devolve into KPH-talking piss-takes about weaponry that aren't the subject of the thread?

"Well, I have no valid argument about the weapon at hand, BUT, if I compare it to another weapon that may or may not be comparable to the weapon in question, and post graphs and tables without context, I can prove by association that you're wrong, and I'm right, though the logic of the situation is comparing apples to oranges, and I'm the only one in the thread who truly understands the data I'm using."
    • Up x 1
  9. WarmasterRaptor

A little over 24h, the Canister became a monster.

From sheep to godzilla.
  10. Goretzu

The Lancer has ~50% more vehicle KPH than the Phoenix.
    The Lancer has a tiny amount more Aircraft KPH than the Phoenix (both are pretty low for AA KPH though).
    The Phoenix has significantly more AI KPH.

But the AI KPH is low compared to any AI weapon, it is just high compared to AV/AA KPH, but then AV/AA kills are much rarer to begin with. So the AI KPH is skewing the overall KPH for ESRL in a way that in no way reflecst actual capabilities.

The Lancer is a good AV RL with poor AI and AV.
    The Phoenix is an ok AI RL with ok AV and poor AA.

In most contexts you want an ESRL for AV (or AA - although neither the Lancer or Phoenix are much good), not AI (and remember the Phoenixes AI is almost certainly more opportunistic longer range kills and engi turret kills and Decimator type close/mid range kills). So claiming the Phoenix is "better" than the Lancer based on general KPH is pretty misleading when you look at the actual areas of performance..... as the two perform very differently indeed (non-AA-wise anyway).
  11. Merli0n

Fairly big drop on today's PPA KPH - going to be interesting to see where it stabilizes.
  12. Fellgnome

Everything is relative.

I think all of them are pretty weak / niche at best, but canister just seems like the king of the garbage bin at the moment. PPA is also going to feel extremely weak to Vanu who aren't used to having a terrible AI secondary, so there's going to be some overreaction. And it did get nerf-hammered, admittedly, it's probably the worst now.

Stats are also going to be totally wonky for PPA since the weapon became very popular while it was overpowered, while Canister/Marauder have a much smaller number of users. The PPA stats are going to drop like a stone until people catch on that it's not an easy-mode kill-farm weapon anymore. So we're going to see lots of KPH/KPU knee-jerk stat-link defenses. The Goretzu's of the VS will be coming out of the woodwork.
  13. MarkAntony

Canister OP? I never thought I'd hear that since it's been useless since, well... ever. Is it actually useful now?
  14. Roland2TowerCame

I haven't used the new PPA yet, but I would prefer it to be in line with Canister, which I don't understand why people complain about that one being UP.
    Marauder, don't recall ever seeing one of those :)
    perhaps that should give SOE a hint.
  15. Rovertoo

I think that's a sign of just how unhealthy the old PPA was for the game. New PPA isn't bad, but it will never, ever, be used in the same farming capacity again and I think that that's what most of the people complaining about the new PPA want back.
    • Up x 1
  16. Roland2TowerCame

It's been useful for quite some time, it just wasn't as OP as previous PPA.
    • Up x 1
  17. Roland2TowerCame

Red MAX why you doing so bad? :confused: What makes your guns so different from vanu's?
    No probably about it.
  18. Pikachu

It's interesting that the high damage versions performs the worst for all factions.
  19. Morti

It's too early to say X is OP Y is UP.

I'd bet most VS don't even know to tap their LMB instead of going full macintosh 24/7.

Oh and welcome to the world of having to get closer to your enemies to utilize your equipment. Down off your high mountain.
  20. Fellgnome

Horrible CoF and/or bloom usually means if you can aim they're actually higher TTK even at close ranges than just going for headshots with the accurate weapons. Only against other MAXes or maybe under the 5-10m ranges are they sometimes better, but the longer ranged options have a more dramatic advantage past close range than the close range options do at close ranges.

As for TR's MAX weapons, it's basically CoF that makes them downgrades to VS weapons. Onslaughts have worse CoF bloom than Nebulas, while Mercies have worse starting CoF than Blueshifts. Plus the higher damage tier of VS is just better, and having 2 firing at the same time amplifies their advantage when it comes to both alpha/headshot damage and bursting at range.

No argument from me there. PPA became one of those weapons that made people just stop leaving the spawn room, or making them redeploy and sometimes even specifically avoiding VS fights.