Aimbots Rampant

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Targanwolf, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Targanwolf

I was willing to suspend judgement....having experienced some world class snap shots on myself. Not any more....they are rampant . It's disappointing that they are deemed to not be worthy of elimination.
  2. Schizomatic

Type in the chat window /report, and it opens up a window where you can conveniently and quickly report the last person to kill you. There's even a nice set of options that cover the whole spectrum of potential hackers.
    • Up x 8
  3. Goldmonk

But does SOE even read those report....or does Higby use them as tissues for every time people complain about patches?
    • Up x 10
  4. Schizomatic

I got one guy's character deleted a few weeks ago. Rather blatant, that douchenozzle. And, yes, I follow-up like a good little stalker.

Reported one other guy (I've only felt the need to do it twice), but he's still around. Same freakish accuracy, obscene K/D for an infantry player, killboard that you have to peruse a few pages to find a "Killed By" entry, because he apparently goes on tears of 8, 9, 10 kills in a row. 8 out of those 10 listed as headshots.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the second guy. Both were HA. It's like they have to have extra insurance against the middling potential of blows against their fragile egos. "Oh noes, my aimbot might not work ALL of the time. I need an overshield, just to make sure."
    • Up x 6
  5. Goldmonk

There was one guy I reported who was blatantly hacking. Recorded him as well and posted it on Forumside....but that got taken down and last time I checked he's still around.:confused:
    • Up x 5
  6. BlueSkies

Are there hackers? Sure.

Is it rampant? Probably varies on the server, Miller seems alright.
    • Up x 2
  7. SeanFree

Realize that sometimes these magical snapping excessively over skilled people have high pings that can make it SEEM instantaneous between the silly servers and the ping itself. There's a couple really good players on Emerald who have higher pings and can dominate with it.
  8. Schizomatic

It took about two weeks for the one successful banhammer to fall. I've been waiting about that long on this other guy, too. I dunno. Report again, I suppose. Can't tolerate those jackholes who can shut down an entire squad with one LMG magazine.
  9. iller

only wallhackers are ever "rampant" ... Botting is always kept fairly subtle or sparse. No one who expects to keep their account longer than a day will just turn it on full blast complete with no-spread. They'll usually pick their battles, use a key-to-aim only on higher threat players, etc. But it's the wallhack that really fuels the primary advantage where they line up the shot at your head and then don't even have to "snap" in the first place and the real advantage to that is that the GM's just spectate them for maybe a couple minutes and then move on when they don't see any hard snapping.
    • Up x 1
  10. Klypto

I have not encountered a single hacker in Planetside 2 from November 20th 2012 to date. They do exist, but I would be more likely to believe you eat tinfoil for enjoyment than there are as many hackers as you claim.

I did submit a report on someone once because I did not understand how they were killing me behind cover. Turns out it was the pre-nerf under-barrel grenade launcher out of the spawnroom but the death screen did not tell me that and there was no visible explosion, only damage.
    • Up x 4
  11. Scatterblak

->devnull
    • Up x 2
  12. david06

Snap--->ting ting ting!

It's worse in PS2 than other shooters because the large, hectic battles make them really hard to catch as long as the people using them aren't blatant. If someone does get a video of them they can pawn it off as lag.

There's no metagame, but there are stats and people obsessed with stats so you get a lot of cheating.
    • Up x 1
  13. Schizomatic

I still haven't figured out how they pull off the apparently one-shot headshot with semi-auto sniper rifles. Particularly when you're at full sprint. It takes a headshot and a body shot to take someone out with a semi-auto, but some of these guys seem to fire twice so fast, so dead-on accurately, that it comes off as a one-shot on a weapon that is impossible to pull it off.
    • Up x 3
  14. CriticalThinker

With the new glitch to VS LMG's killing in 1 headshot (or perhaps a new cheat released that has that affect), the VS aimbots on Emerald VS were really, painfully, blatantly, disgustingly obvious today.

At a tech lab, I was peaking over the edge... saw a VS LA shooting at someone off my screen. I'm facing his side... I go to line up a shot and he snaps, 90 degrees, crisp, and PING. Dead. From a single headshot from a VS LMG. Another time today I was tucked into a corner, near a path they would follow from their spawn, but not so blatantly obvious. A heavy starts running past on my screen, and in one fluid motion before I've even lined my ADS shot up, he stopped, activated shield, snapped around and PING! Dead from another single LMG shot.

I haven't spent money on this game yet... only been playing 8 months, very off and on... don't see myself investing much in this game. SOE does nothing about the hackers, it seems, and the playerbase seems to have a "hack denialist" culture where they either deny that hacking even occurs, or say that it's "okay because you can't tell the difference between a hacker and a skilled player". Such idiocy.
    • Up x 9
  15. CriticalThinker

That video... that happens to me constantly. The culprits are usually a TR Trac5/Carv noob, a TR HA with the minigun, or LA's who are mowing people down while still in mid jetflight.
    • Up x 1
  16. TwwIX

Cheats? In this game? Inconceivable!

According to the white knights around here lag spikes and rubber banding are the culprit behind no-clipping players and aim bots are nothing more than just a figment of your imagination, i.e., don't waste your keystrokes complaining about it on here.

Also, don't you dare post gameplay of cheaters and exploiters! Tsk tsk!
    We can't have you hurting this game's lovely image now.
    • Up x 5
  17. Hatesphere

no one says they dont exist, we just laugh at people who think that every person who kills them is an aimboter, they are pretty rare. unless you are one of them "subtle hacker" types. as if anyone would want to wonder around preforming average all the time.
    • Up x 7
  18. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

The ones that say no are probably the ones using aimbots. Seen a few of the light assault guys my self with some to good accuracy while flying . My bullets go all over the place when flying jet packs . But for some not so !! And the T9 carv that hits farther away than my sniper rifle with ease is a little frusterating!!
    • Up x 3
  19. Schizomatic

Been seeing a lot more LA's with great accuracy during flight lately. I guess using HA was getting too obvious, since people were starting to expect that kind of douchecanoeing from the HAs. No one expects the sad, underpowered little LA.
    • Up x 2
  20. Badname707

From what I've read on various hacking forums (and before you go making accusations, no) it seems that most hack producers don't do PS2 because it updates too frequently, which breaks the hacks. For the ones that do offer hacks for planetside, you see lots of, 'hack is broken!' posts. That's not to say that there aren't programmers trying to keep up, but so far as I know, every time the game gets updated, whether or not its large, hacks get broke.

And one more time just to be clear: you too can know all of this with a simple google search.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.