Server Maintenance for Game Update October 2nd

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Alastyn

the grief thing is for small vechiles such as flash and harrasers because friendly tanks kill little flashes a lot and then using tell to say sorry best change by soe i am a dedicated flash user i know this change is welcomed.
    • Up x 1
  2. WicKed187

Honestly remove the whole spawnkill thing from the game..

You either spawn in a base behind a spawnshield and are safe untill you decide to move into combat or you take a chance by spawing on a sundy in the middle of battle.
    Giving someone time to aim that rocket or rifle before you can even damage them is just plain stupid.
    Taking out an enemy sundy will now reward nothing in the terms of kill XP and soon not even kills.
  3. Serafine

That's EXACTLY the situation we had on Amerish for a very long time and it worked perfect. Then they changed it, separated the satellite bases into territories and now you have the same lane-down-zerging-spawncamping ******** as on all other continents.
    • Up x 1
  4. GeneralPeragorn

How long is short downtime I wonder?
    • Up x 1
  5. ucanobua

6. cruczi

Servers are already in LOCKED state instead of MAINT, which means they're through with the actual server update process, and you can already download the patch. They'll remain locked until the devs are sure everything's OK and they can be opened again, which typically doesn't take very long.

EDIT: Reply I got from RadarX in an earlier server maintenance thread:
  7. Alastyn

infi are not ultimate soldier i use it a lot they are plain visible while running or moving i die a lot and thats that
  8. Zotamedu

The Striker.
    • Up x 1
  9. Gungir

I'm gonna play this game again. Logged into my sony account for first time in a few years lol.
  10. Joay

Kinda feel the same. Maybe there is an off chance soemthing was included, but my guess would be that no single thing changed in that regard. It certainly isn't mentioned at all in the patch notes
    • Up x 2
  11. dingdonyourdead

i watched the video and the quality is way better than mine, is that because it was on a play station and im on pc or should i max my settings
  12. MichaelS

does that mean i dont get 12 certs when i log on after 24 hour? if yes - WTF

I'm a member, but i have a family account and i would be pissed I i would not get the passive for it.
  13. Jimmie

14. Blaze81

I like the update and I cannot wait for the new scopes and cloak fixes. Not sure what the issue is with the membership changes as who is going to miss 12 certs anyway?

Spawn changes are neither good nor bad; I hate spawn campers and people who sit in the spawns because they are too afraid to die. At least this is the first step to moving the fight back to the points. Is this a fix for the issue? Probably not but at least it is a start.

I am disappointed with the Striker update. What was the thought process with this? I would be very surprised if it is ever used again.

There is a lot of good stuff in this update; I am just hoping that something does not brake because of it…
  15. RevanZim3

I don't use this forum often, but I cannot agree with one change here and at least have to voice my opinion, although it probably won't change anything.
    The 12 certs for non-members being taken away to "increase the overall benefit of being a member" is bogus. It does not increase the value of membership, it simply makes not being a member more ******. Please actually increase the benefits of being a member next time, I have nothing against that. Give members 12 more certs per day, but keep the 12 for non-members. Same deal.
    Taking this away from non-members simply because "it didn't achieve it's goals" is wrong. Whatever goal it intended, it certainly didn't go against it, so why not leave it in?
    In addition to these reasons, I especially disagree with this change in principle. You should not take away from free players. That is the road to pay 2 win. Essentially now, members are able to pay for free certs. This has been there for a while, but free players got the same thing, just weaker.
    The primary benefit of these free certs was for alt characters you ran, characters you didn't play all the time, so you could still comfortably play them when you did decide to hop on.
    That also defeats the argument I heard a lot about "it's just 12 certs, that's like 10 mins of playtime, stop whining". Sure, it is "only" about 10 mins of play time, however spread across 6 chars, that amounts to an hour a day I now have to play more to get the same thing without membership. This includes playing characters I have on other servers that are empty when I usually play, turning these 10 minutes into 15 or 20.

This is a bad change. In principle. In theory. In practice.
    If you want to give more incentive to members, please don't do this by skewing non-members, but by actually giving members more benefits. Do not go down this road SOE.
    Thank you to whoever actually read all this.
    • Up x 5
  16. MaDiv

3spooky5me
  17. ahandyman

Regarding spawnkills, I keep having the same thing pop up in my mind.
    One time, on a base in Hossin, we were pushing the TR out of a base (it was on the low end of 12-24). One dude was pulling up a sundy in a defensible spot where we would get REKT if they started spawning there. I hopped in my LA with a pump-action shotgun, and went after it. It deployed, my C4 barely denting it, and I spent the next four minutes suppressing every person that spawned, sending /region after /region telling my team to come kill this freaking sundy. It took that long for me to die, and then a Scythe finally swooped in and took it out.
    The fact that I spent those minutes protecting our base and would've got nothing to show for it other than a sundy assist makes me grumpy.
    While I agree that spawn farming is a problem, I think 12 seconds is way overkill.
  18. SynaptixBrainstorm

Yeah no probably not. thats amazing SOE good job there:mad:
    • Up x 2
  19. SynaptixBrainstorm

well the scopes and the cloak fix is nice but .......I CANT F:mad: KING ENJOY IT WITH THESE PERFORMANCE
    • Up x 1
  20. MichaelS

Is the refund shown somewhere? i just get the message that it was removed but my certcount did not change. not the first time refunds go wrong ;)
    • Up x 1