5 Auraxiams on same weapon type is way too high

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by minhalexus, Aug 7, 2014.

1. reydelchicken

I'm not implying that you should "get good" or some other BS like that, I'm not an extremely good player myself.

I'm talking more about how this new system gives you a reward for trying out something new, and even if you're a new player to FPS games, I don't doubt you can get the auraxiums fairly quickly if you put effort into killing things faster. And the 5 auraxium goal is something nice that isn't completely out of reach for anyone, but yet is not something you can obtain quickly, and so it turns into more of a "long term" goal, while ribbons and certs remain as short term accomplishments.
  2. LT_Latency

It doesn't really.

I have 4 lmgs, 3 sniper rifles, 3 carbines, 1 scout and 2 tank medals. If I had of just stuck to 2 weapons I could have had 2 of them by now.

pretty close to 4 different ones on my max
    • Up x 1
  3. Bankrotas

Your stats say otherwise, you might not be a chicken K/D *****, but you ain't just a "great" player by the stats, you are extremely good.

That, or extremely lucky with your encounters.
  4. GrandpaFlipfox

I only mind that some of the guns are terrible weapons that I would never use under any other circumstances and are actually hurting my enjoyment of the game. The SAW S is my current nightmare but once that's done I get to sail through with the Anchor.
  5. Bankrotas

HS/NV, SPA, EXMAGS, biolab point defense. That took me half way through SAW S, but got bored with it (it was before any specific Directive info hit).
  6. Latrodectus

I'm...not entirely sure what the point of playing coy is when you have your stats linked in your sig.
  7. Covah

5 Auraxiums on main weapons is OK.

5 Auraxiums on sidearms is stupidly looooooooonnnnnnng, 3 would be OK.

5 Auraxiums on rocket launchers is extremely long, 3 would be OK and maybe add an other stat to level like vehicules kills or assists.

They need to reconsider the directives for side weapons / tools.
    • Up x 3
  8. FieldMarshall

I get maybe 2 hours every day at off hours of PS2. Maybe the game is not meant for people like me, but i would still like to be part of it no matter how much it tries to drive me away.
    Sure, it would be relatively easy if i had no job and was 10 years younger, able to play every day for 8 hours at primetime.
    Started a few months after release and still not a single aurax. About half way to 1. At this rate it would take me about 4.5 years to complete 1 directive.

I dont see myself having as much fun anymore. The main thing im thinking of when i log in is "ok, how do i grind these directives the fastest way possible with the little time i have".
    Currently trying to get gold on 4 different sniper rifles to even be able to see the final tier. And im already noticing that im having alot less fun trying to get kills with weapons that i dont like.
    The best part is that im "stuck" with that weapon/class because its the one i have the most progression with, making me log out before i have to because its just so boring.
    Im guessing one of 3 things are going to happen to most people.
    1. They already have a bunch of auraxes because they play alot and dont mind, and/or write snide l2p/its easy bro comments on the forum to boost epeen.
    2. People who stick with it. Even if they dont complete any directives, or barely manage to complete one. Eventually get bored with directives, but still stick with the game.
    3. Casual players who never has any realistic hope of completing directives and eventually slowly leave the game out of boredom or frustration.

Im ready for "its not supposed to be easy/l2p/its already easy enough/its your own fault" replies.
    Just had to get my story off my chest. Sort of like venting, but without the rage.
  9. IberianHusky

So far I've only auraximated my CARV and Jaguar. I don't think I'll ever unlock one of the auraxium weapons.
  10. IrishPride

it is just time consuming over being difficult, so when you do have time to kill, kill them with variety :)
  11. Rikkit

ok for those who want's to farm explosives: defend towers, jump throgh the top level, run to the stairs, and drop your mines / nades/whatever. There is hardly a faster way to get kills with them
  12. Phredd Pewter

I have to say that I have no issues with the requirements for the weapons being so high. Given a month or so to get the last 1600 kills i need, I should have my meat coloured TRAC-SHOT in hand.

They aren't BETTER weapons from what I can see so far - at least not on paper - aside from the auraxium SMG reward. They are all quirky weapons - better in some way, worse in others. They don't give good players any edge that I can see so far and likely won't be used due to fixed attachments.

The only requirement I have a complaint with is not a weapon unlock one. The medic's Kill X Medics makes no sense. I can understand MAXes, infiltrators and light assaults taking out their own kind due to the way they fight, but it makes NO sense that I can think of at least that medics should kill medics as a class specialty.

PS: They will likely all have statistically much better K/D, KPH, etc due to only experienced players handling them but those stats will STILL soon be used in many arguments about them being OP here on the forums after people start getting chain killed by some BR200 equivalent player trying to aurax them in a day.
  13. NinjaTurtle

5 is fine. They are supposed to be hard to get or at least take a long time to acquire.

If you could get them overnight what would the point be, if everyone was running around with them they wouldn't be the prestigous weapons they are intended as.

The fact that the weapons are side grades and in many cases being rated as worse than the weapons they are based upon, it means players are not being locked out of something more powerful

I have been playing the game for a long time and I don't have any of the weapons yet. I only myself have 3 Auraxiums on SMG's, 3 on Carbines, 3 on Snipers and 2 on LMG's

Which is the exact reason why there is no issue with them being locked behind a wall
    • Up x 1
  14. Bape

[quote="NinjaTurtle, post: 2857502, member: 146242"Which is the exact reason why there is no issue with them being locked behind a wall[/quote]

If I have to work hard to auraxiam 5 weapons for a weapon I dam well expect it to be better then every dam gun I auraxiamed.
  15. NinjaTurtle

If I have to work hard to auraxiam 5 weapons for a weapon I dam well expect it to be better then every dam gun I auraxiamed.[/quote]
    They are mainly a shiny cosmetic "hey look at me" as opposed to a power upgrade which is how it should be.

You can't lock weapons that are more powerful behind a wall and give only a few players access to them
    • Up x 1
  16. Bape

They are mainly a shiny cosmetic "hey look at me" as opposed to a power upgrade which is how it should be.

You can't lock weapons that are more powerful behind a wall and give only a few players access to them[/quote]

Yet it worse then the stock version. They could have kept the same stat and just made it a glowy cosmetic but they didn't.
  17. Bankrotas

AF-19A Fortuna is a great gun. Perfectly settling between Merc and Bandit. It's a fun and good gun. And the only Auraxium weapon from current one's I'd use.
  18. Maljas23

^ This..

Srsly wth people? Aurxing most of the current most weapons requires a few play sessions of focused gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  19. Mongychops

However you are still in the process of unlocking new weapons and abilities to enable new playstyles both for infantry and vehicles, there is plenty of character progression available to you.

Unlocking the auraxium level directive rewards is something that is intended to return the feeling of progression to players who are currently lacking motivation to play due to lack of meaningful things to spend certs on.
    • Up x 1
  20. Zimmerit

ok you're lucky you can spend 10 hours each days on this game but ppl like you have to think to normal ppl :)... 5 auraxium is really too much , i think 3 can be right .