On a scale of 1 to 10, one being the worst, ten being the best, rate the helpfulness of each class.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luminiouscow, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Luminiouscow

Infiltrator:

Light Assault:

Combat Medic:

Engineer:

Heavy Assault:

MAX:

Please rate each class based on their helpfulness on the battlefield, assuming they are doing their job correctly.
  2. LT_Latency

Infiltrator: 8

Light Assault: 8

Combat Medic: 8

Engineer: 8

Heavy Assault: 8

MAX: 10
    • Up x 1
  3. Rift23

Heavy Assault:1 Because it's there to kill things, not help.
  4. Taemien

Easy:

Anyone playing their class properly and helping their Team: 10

Anyone cert farming or allowing themselves to be farmed: 2

Lonewolves: 1

Class is irrelevant.
    • Up x 10
  5. Plunutsud pls

Every class has at least one unique ability, so if they are doing their job then they are 10/10 helpful.
    • Up x 4
  6. Leftconsin

Infiltrator: 6, 1 if they are sniping

Light Assault: 7 Depends on base and if you are defending.

Combat Medic: 10

Engineer: 9

Heavy Assault: 10

MAX: Is a vehicle. So... 15
    • Up x 1
  7. gigastar

Infiltrator: 8, if theyre spamming thier tracking tools. 0 if theyre sniping.

Light Assault: 5, you switch to them to use C4 or rooftop ganking. If youre not doing either then you may as well play engie.

Combat Medic: 10, friendly necromancers are a welcome sight anywhere. Also that shield recharge dome.

Engineer: 8, given that most players will find thier guns dry after a few minuites of fighting, an engie is always welcome. Knock up to 10 if there are many MAX's around. Decrease if they just set up a turret then never get out of the damn thing.

Heavy Assault: 10, LMGs generally can keep firing for a long time without any need to reload, which combined with thier overshield makes them the frontline infantry class in most situations.

MAX: 10, when properly certed, supported and using the appropriate weapons. Scale it down to 5 for each missing thing that any MAX needs, such as Flak, dual AI/AV/AA, supporting engies and the composite armour accessory.
    • Up x 1
  8. BlamTown

Infiltrator: -35236345

Light Assault: 10

Engineer: 10

Heavy Assault: 10

• Up x 4
  9. NinjaTurtle

All classes can be equally helpful depending on who is playing the class, they are just useful at different roles, recon, repair, resupply, heal etc etc.

Example Infiltrators

Having 20+ sitting on a hill sniping is being of minimal help, they are just an annoyance to the enemy they have a small impact around the outside of the battle. They are however not helping push the enemy back or helping control the point. Many times you lose a good angle as a sniper once the battle flow moves.

Whereas you have 20+ SMG Infiltrators right in the middle of the action causing hell, pinging their darts or putting up dildos then all of a sudden the class is as useful as any other
    • Up x 1
  10. Canno

10 if they're good players, 1 if not.
    5 if they're not but are learning/trying.

Sniping infiltrators are VERY useful if used right. Problem is many just sit back and snipe for k/d instead of softening up defences.

Plenty of times I know I've made a difference by making engineers, rocket HAs, and other snipers afraid to even pop up in an area, letting our side advance. Snipers are scalpels.
  11. Cinnamon

They are all pretty useful but you only need 1 infiltrator and 1 engineer to get maximum usefulness out of them. Light assault depends on the fight they are either so useless that they they are not helpful at all or they are useful in smaller numbers. HA, Medic and MAX are all equally useful the more of them there are.
    • Up x 1
  12. RHINO_Mk.II

First Infiltrator Using Sensors: 9 Every Other Infiltrator: 2

Light Assault: 4

Combat Medic: 9

First Engineer Dropping Ammo: 9 Every Other Engineer Without MAX Buddy: 4

Heavy Assault: 8

13. cruczi

Infil: up to 9
    LA: depends on location.. on average, maybe 6-7
    CM: up to 10
    Engi: up to 9 (10 if teamed up with a MAX)
    HA: 10

I say up to, because usefulness depends on how many there are of that class in the area already. A medic in a squad full of medics is far less useful than a medic in squad full of heavies.
  14. MaxDamage

Infiltrator: 4

Light Assault: 6

Combat Medic: 9

Engineer: 8

Heavy Assault: 7

MAX: 8
  15. Bape

Infiltrator: Dropping recon 10 | Sniping 8 because snipers can take out engineer turret/HA/medics/scout and spot enemies out of range

Light Assault: 5 I find them useless other then towers

Engineer: dropping ammo 10 using av turret 10

Heavy Assault: 6 most players only use this for K/D

MAX:10 when you need to defend or take the base they are really helpful
  16. Iridar51

All classes are important, what matters is how many players of each class there are.

For example, first Infiltrator in a squad would be 10. Second one would be 7-8. The more, the lower. Because all we really need from infiltrators are Radar Detection and Hacking, and single Infiltrators is enough to cover that.

One LA would be 7. Two LAs would be 10. Because among themselves they carry enough C4 to instantly take out any Sunderer.
    More than 2 LAs makes any sense only for bases with difficult navigation, like some of the Hossin bases, and Quartz Ridge.

Heavy Assaults scale good with each other. One HA is not so much of a threat to vehicles or infantry. So I'd say first and second HAs are 8, and all after that worth 10. Three HAs can take out an ESF with lock ons, and put some hurt on tanks.

First Engineer worth 10 points. Additional Engineers worth less. Turrets are nice, but rarely the optimal way of engaging the enemy. And one Engi is enough to provide squad with ammo.

First 2-4 Combat Medics are worth 10 points, but anything more than that just takes from squad's combat potential. With C4 and ARs, they are strong and versatile soldiers, and the ability to pick up other squad members is invaluable, but they tend to spend too much time ressing people instead of actually fighting.

MAXes are unneeded. What they can do against vehicles, heavies can do better. Bursters are OK, but don't compare to Skyguard. AI MAXes... deserve to burn in deepest pits of hell. Lack of objective depth of PS2 makes using MAXes unjustifiable from the standpoint of "tactical" play. MAXes can win battles, but they will do so at a cost of ruining the game for everyone else.

So ideal squad composition would be:
    1-2 (non-long range sniper) Infiltrators
    2 LAs
    2-4 medics
    1 engineer
    3+ heavy assaults
  17. SenEvason

Except for the LA, all 10s.

Infiltrators can hack terminals and turrets, which is always a blast to use against the base's owner. Also for sniping engis off their turrets and taking out medics like a scalpel.

Combat medics bring the revives and healing(and now shields as well). And those glorious ARs.

Engis bring the ammo and turrets, great for cover or taking out vehicles.

HA bring shoulder mounted rockets, shields, and LMGs, great for combating just about everything.

And MAXs when you just need to make or break an assault.

LAs, besides being useful for taking out vehicles from difficult directions, are not as useful as the other classes. I think they work best as a lonewolf class, since they are usually flying around away from your team. Of course, this means they run low on health and ammo after a point, so they don't have that much endurance. I'd probably rank LA as 8. Hopefully they get some love in the future.
    • Up x 1
  18. DatVanuMan

So I lone wolf, and yet I take the point, heal my friends, and take Prowlers out with some NC friends using my Lancer. Would you really call that useless? Because anyone who claims someone else is useless isn't too useful themselves;)
    • Up x 1
  19. SavageBacon

There is no straightforward answer as location, objective, infantry composition, and the faction's respective MAX pros/cons will largely dictate the usefulness of the infantry units. Generally speaking...

Engies, Infils, Heavies, and Medics are good up to a certain saturation point. That point is much higher for heavies and medics due to their abilities and weaponry. LAs and MAXs are useful based on objective and layout of the terrain or base.
  20. DatVanuMan

LA=7.5
    Infiltrator= 8.75
    CM= 10
    Engineer= 9.5
    HA (This man is mah homie)= 10
    MAX= 6, 4 if it's ruining a good fight.
    Boom. That's my scoring.