I thought lock continent would be a good thing!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silkensmooth, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scr1nRusher

theres..... something wrong with you 0_0
  2. Silkensmooth

No there is something wrong with you not being able to understand that people want to play on their favorite map.

Especially when a lot of people cant stand the other continents.
    • Up x 1
  3. Scr1nRusher

Indar is not life itself.

maybe because they play nothing but there "Favorite map"?
  4. Silkensmooth

Are you serious? What server do you play on?

On connery there is action on all three continents, or there was.

EVERYBODY played the other continents during alerts.

Why do you indar haters have such a hard time believing thatmost people prefer indar.

Not because Indar is so stellar. In fact as a pilot i hate southern indar because the ceiling is so low.

It is because we cant stand the other continents.

Esamir literally gives me a headache.

And while i do play on amerish when i want to do infantry, i find it a rather boring place and i start to not want to be there after about 20 or 30 mins.

If everyone hated Indar so much, and everyone liked Amerish and Esamir why didnt they just stay there after alerts?

Why when almost everyone in the game moved to the other continents for Alerts in the beginning did they always go back to Indar?

It's not because they never played over there. Because as i have said at least a dozen times in this thread, we ALL played there EXTENSIVELY.

It got to the point where when the alert was on Amerish or Esamir people just started ignoring the alert all together.

so please explain to me how everyone loves the other continents so much, but after alerts when they DID go there they wanted to leave as soon as it was over.

Please. Instead of trolling please explain that to me.

Is it just because we are all too stupid to see how awesome the other continents are to you?
    • Up x 1
  5. Silkensmooth

If you go to the store to buy a soda and you see that everyone is buying coke, do you buy a coke even though you want a 7UP?

Who does that?

And then say well they only drink coke cause they never tried 7UP.

And now im forced to drink coke because everyone else is, even though most of them would rather drink 7UP.

That is your argument.
    • Up x 1
  6. Suicide Trooper

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. BuckRaven

I'm not recommending anyone who isn't already on the verge of leaving to do so.

Which is exactly why it all boils down to the kind of non-constructive advice like "leave if you don't like it" because there seems to be plenty of people who actually want CL (more of them than those who oppose it in my opinion).

Yeah, really, this whole argument is just going in circles anyway.

Dito.

Considering that a lot of people already tried that, I concurr.

Have you not been reading any of the previous explanations in this whoopin' 46-pages thread already? You are now back to asking the exact same question you asked 46 pages ago yet you can't accept any of the explanations? Then you go on complaining that nobody respects your opinion?

Yeah...

Looks perfectly reasonable but then again, reason seems to have left this thread 46 pages ago.
  8. MasterDk78

some people have very little time to play this game, you know due to work, wife, children, house, dog, cat..
    when they get time off to have fun with their small outfit, they gonna realize what they liked to do is no longer up to him. he is forced to play zerg, wich he was usally avoiding due to lack of power gaming rig. so this person, log off again after an hour instead of four. spend no more money, and even about to talk about other games. cl and all the other stuff they make is not the planet side he was signing up for, or what he liked. guess what my squad said last night when an alert started "oh crap, so much for fun"
    • Up x 2
  9. Silkensmooth

No one has explained it.

They say that everyone played Indar because they never played the other continents.

I clearly refuted that.
    • Up x 1
  10. Silkensmooth

Exactly. I like to play for short periods in between rounds of ESO and i dont want to spend all of my time fighting on a continent i dont like.
    • Up x 2
  11. Silkensmooth

Casual players and those seeking to have FUN are playing the WRONG GAME!

And this thread is here for people who are disatisfied with the game, so that hopefully SOE will hear us.

If you like CL go make a thread about how awesome it is.
    • Up x 1
  12. MasterDk78

WHAT??? this casual player i know is a subscriber and spend SC on weapons. he pays excatly for the reason he dont have the time to harvest certs.
  13. Silkensmooth

Yes i too was always a member. I feel that if you are playing and enjoying a game and can afford to, that you should support it.
    • Up x 1
  14. BuckRaven

Ok, let's go back and actually read the very first page of this thread.

Evidence #1:
    To which I agree 100%.

When I started playing, you were insta-deployed onto Indar and the fights going on there. I suspect a lot of other players were also deprived of any choice of map when they first started.

Your reply?
    Evidence #2:
    Pretty much the exact same explanation as #1.

Your reply to that? Nothing.

The most hilarious analogy in this thread is this one:
    Nevertheless, it's a very true analogy, closer to the truth than you'll ever be with your Coke vs 7UP analogy.

Your reply?

The fact that you don't see the correlation doesn't make the analogy any less true. The explanation was even given to you.

40 pages later, this thread has devolved into a he-said-she-said thread where the only constructiveness comes in the form of "leave if you don't like it" which admittedly isn't very constructive at all.

You do realize that this is a public forum and as long as you keep within the forum rules you are completely free to post anywhere?

You do know what a forum is for, right?

BTW;

So I guess you'll have to put up with us annoying CL-lovers rather than having a cozy lil' club for those who hate it.

Oh, and did I mention this;
    Oh, I guess I did but nope, no comment on that part either.

As far as the current alerts go, they're just temporary place-holders for what is to come (which has also been pointed out before). I do agree that they are slightly arbitrary and that you simply cannot counter them due to their random nature. What is proposed above however, is anything but arbitrary.
    • Up x 1
  15. MasterDk78

before CL i was looking forward to next month so i could buy more SC to upgrade cosmetics and maybe get some more weapons.
    now.. after CL i regret having spend all that money, and happy that i have not bought more SC.

this player is about to hate the way ps2 is heading to.

i will tell that what i fell in love with was the debt you could upgrade everything, see your engineer advance, and become better.
    or what ever char you played a lot to begin with. now i spend my certs at upgrading everything, coz every char has their use in diffrent sitiuation.

now, those money are in my bank. and they will stay there. what happens to my subscribtion. well.. we will see at the end of the month. you can call me on strike if you like. i pay them to do a good job, and i dont feel like they are doing a good job at the moment. so untill then, they are not getting my support. free choice sucks soe i guess
    • Up x 1
  16. JOups

Nope your not ;)

And I guess the discussion here is quite pointless, because nobody is willing for admit something.

Let´s see how it will play out with Cont-Lcok part 2
  17. volth

Yea
    • Up x 1
  18. M1kst3r1

I like continent locking. Here's a few reasons...

- First introduction of an actual meta game (defending or capturing a continent has a meaning)
    - Indarside is finally over (I like Indar by the way, I think it's one of the best balanced continents for combined arms gameplay)
    - I finally have more options to choose from: small, medium and large battles on other continents outside alerts (I some what dislike alerts and due to continent locking I think they should be less frequent)
    - Zergs have less power since they are ineffective at capping a whole continent (I dislike unchallenged zergs)
    - Low to medium population servers got lively again

And here's a example from last night:
    NC had Indar and Amerish, so TR started pushing for Esamir with a +40% population. We pulled a lot of air and deployables since Indar and Amerish made it cheap. The result of this was some of the best fights I've had on Esamir for a long time. We lost to TR big time, but for the first time the effort of defending had a meaning. We were defending Indar and Amerish from being unlocked. That's meta for you and is exactly what this game has severally been lacking.

Finally TDMside is over and I can stop imagining meta and actually play it.

Thanks SOE.
    • Up x 1
  19. Voodoooooo

I hate Cont Locking bacause i hate Indar and only love Esamir and Amerish.

Hey Devteam, if you want Player how love and pay you, do never lock any Playground, or they are OFFLINE.

Wich Players want to have such Mechanic? Can we Vote? Referendum?

Yes want to have Referendum to vote against Stupid Ideas.
    • Up x 2
  20. LaRZy

I would have left continent locking until there are more continents and they are all linked by warpgates. The recipe was already there from Ps1 but was ignored.

:rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.