Test Server Update Notes : 7/1

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 1, 2014.

1. BiggggBRIM

BECAUSE BRAND NEW PLAYERS WONT INVEST IN IT!!! THEY WILL JUST QUIT BEFORE THEY SPEND CERTS ON IT!!
    Why are we speaking in all caps? Calm down, lets talk like adults.
    • Up x 1
  2. Inex

:eek:

Dude. I quoted the patch notes an hour ago. In this thread.
    • Up x 2
  3. Schwak

The problems you are trying to fix related to tank spam are problems that would be solved if you made it so people actually had to cert into vehicles to spawn them. Make it 1000-2000 certs to unlock spawning a certain vehicle. There is no specialization and it really shows. Most tank zergs are completely stock tanks. Literally, stock. The only thing you are doing here is making it so nobody will ever use tanks, ever. You are effectively removing tanks from the game since these changes right here will make them literally useless.

SOEs strong disconnect from knowing what to do and what not to do really shows when they implement sh*t like this. It looks like you guys have no idea what you are doing and people are just suggesting random things and they are being given the go ahead.

Whatever you guys at SOE are doing, just stop. Take a step back, ask the players, consider their concerns and recommendations and move forward from there.
    • Up x 6
  4. Jeslis

So give us an AI and an AV tailgun (a dalton, and a zephyr, if you will)
    • Up x 1
  5. Regigigity

Honestly every single thing in this update looks horrible. I hope this never reaches live. Not because I'm dependent on the kills of the tanks or rocket launchers, but that it pretty much invalidates them vs infantry in almost every regard while removing most of their unique utility.
    • Up x 5
  6. BiggggBRIM

How are new players supposed to hit tanks when they can't even get out of spawn? And all those things you listed (except gun for someone): they cost certs, which to a new players is a very precious commodity. They don't want to spend their certs on flak armor, they want to buy guns. And they sure won't be spending time and money on this game when its ruled by the elite few in vehicles.
  7. AdmiralArcher

look, im not denying its fun, its ******* hilarous shooting those hotshots down

but you CANNOT balance a tank around its ability to shoot down an ESF in one hit

the vanguard can because it does the most damage which makes sense because it was balanced around tank combat

im sorry, but things must be sacrificed at times

personally i dont think these tank changes are a good idea anyways so....
  8. AdmiralArcher

im glad everyone has come to the same concluesion :)

its been so long since any talk about the resource revamp i actually forgot about it
    • Up x 4
  9. Commander Tychus

[IMG]
    • Up x 13
  10. Scr1nRusher

quote again(if you really did quote GU2)

:eek:

Also i ment primary target(direct impacts) damage.
  11. Scr1nRusher

deploy to the next base. join a platoon. Save certs etc.
  12. Inex

Not GU2, PU02.

13. Scr1nRusher

ah.

Well still they should definitely buff it, and also include in the description about direct damage.

nerfing the rockets is the wrong way to go about it.
  14. Kuronama

Another game update that further hinders vehicle gameplay and caters to the COD style FPS players who redeploy from base to base playing team deathmatch...

The only reasoning i can see here is they want to the new people (who barely have any certs invested) to have a fighting chance against veteran players and their fully certed vehicles. This design mentality is what drives off your veteran players in the community.
    • Up x 3
  15. vanu123

If you're being farmed just press U or DELETE and in 10 seconds you are no longer being farmed hows that for a fixed, its free, requires no skill, and even a BR1 with 0 certs can do it. Seriously only a single key press is all it takes for someone to stop being farmed.
    • Up x 5
  16. vanu123

If this is the way SOE wants to move forward with PS2 then I think you need to just remove every ground vehicle from the game and refund the certs.
    • Up x 6
  17. Scr1nRusher

these PTS patchnotes disgust me.
    • Up x 6
  18. Revanmug

I'm going to be blunt.

Those patch note are plain ****** and you should feel ****** for even trying them.
    • Up x 6
  19. GaBeRock

I'm not sure I understand your signature. Are those things you didn't like that got nerfed, things that deserved nerfs and got nerfed, or things you liked thst got nerfed? (Past tense because even rocketpods have been nerfed now.)
  20. Jezs

Seeing as they do 500 indirect damage on live and don't kill anyone with flak armor 4 with direct hits, are they actually being buffed or not?