Server Maintenance for Game Update June 19th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Ryker

I 100% agree on nerfing the ammo reserve capacity, It was a little OP to be able to sit in enemy territory for 20 minutes with out re arming. But, Nerfing the guns them selves only puts a higher skill celling, The great pilots and gunners will still be in their libs doing exactly the same thing all day, But now we are going to have even more useless gunners. I think that you could have maybe lower the ammunition reserves even more so that a good Lib team can't camp a base hard for two bases in a row. By the way I am very excited to try out the new Duster (PLEASE GIVE US A FIRST SHOT THAT GOES STRAIGHT!) now that it has some splash.

By the way, When is the ETA on this maintenance?
  2. Dragora

I agree that liberators needed some balancing as well, I never fly them and they usually make my life hell in everything I do, however I don't think that this policy of stacking a ton of nerfs in one patch is very good. Try lowering the damage or the blast radius or the armor or whatever, but not all of the above, let people try out the minor changes and continue to adjust if necessary. These mega-nerfs tend to break more than they fix, and honestly if they're going to nerf liberators that badly they need to refund every cert people have put in them so they have a chance to test out the changes in the VR and decide if they still want to invest in them. Also, since I've returned to the game recently I've noticed the big issue isn't the liberators but the Galaxies flying around nearly invincible with bulldogs. That's really the big OP nightmare in my opinion. ESFs have been nerfed to hell, but the real "pros" aren't affected by it, all the nerfs have done is made ESFs less accessible/rewarding to newer players. It would have been nice if they fixed the many bugs with ESFs prior to nerfing them, including lack of real joystick/gamepad support, broken hat switches, no mouse yaw, etc etc. Really think the coyote missiles should have received more of a nerf than rocket pods, reload time should be a lot longer to compensate for their OP auto-lockon ability in A2A. The purpose of Coyotes should be once you've won the fight, they finish off your opponent before they can flee, not winning every fight because you brought Coyotes.
  3. IvanSmitty

Really liking the Engie(ammopack) update. Would have been super if it got new weapons as well like the medic...
    I'm a bit afraid to start certing into any vehicles at this point. It seems that every time I start getting into a vehicle it gets changed right after a dump a bunch of certs into it. Maybe I'm bad luck...
    I got it, Ill start certing out a Vanguard next.
    • Up x 1
  4. user101

This patch on PTS had all kinds of BUGs that I found... this is going to be one messed up week of patches...
  5. Alyz

Game crashes on startup now.
  6. Gilberto

Sorry, I'm talking about it here, but I have a doubt: The servers are updated? Not because the game loads and a page appears with the error "Error G99 Game"
    Thanks guys ^ ^
  7. Eaderout

DOes this mean that I can shoot the ammo packs now?
    • Up x 1
  8. IvanSmitty

Do you look at the top of the forums page that shows the status of the servers???
    It would really save a lot of time instead asking in the threads about whether servers are up.
    It would be so nice to read about the update and peoples thought, and not so much people looking for server info....
  9. IvanSmitty

That would be horrible if you could destroy ammo packs.
  10. Eaderout

You have to post it on Reddit if you want to be heard to talk about fourm moderation to get a inbox response.
  11. lionsta

**** THIS UPDATE
  12. lionsta

skill gets nerfed and noobs get buffed thats all !!!
    • Up x 1
  13. cruczi

Shouldn't it say "aiming down sights" instead of "iron sights"? If so, shouldn't it also say "when walking" instead of "when running"? You cannot run while ADS'ing.
  14. YumeYume

"Addressed an issue where at some distances projectiles and bullets could ignore collision and hit through things like spawn room doors."
    FINALLY ! I'll stop report 15 players a day for abusing of this bug. Great work guys !
    • Up x 1
  15. Eaderout

I do agree that air needs to be able to be taken down better (In Iraq we had a Blackhawk take a few AK47 rounds and that aircraft almost did not make it back to base) but at the same time air is death from above. If air is around in the real world or in this game people should freak out.

What I want to see is what I saw in the intro video to this game. an LA flying about shooting pilots in the face.
    • Up x 1
  16. Silver Fox

Define "skill".
  17. Eaderout

would it really? You can shoot other objects and destroy them.
  18. cruczi

Why do you try to play when the update isn't finished yet?
    • Up x 1
  19. cruczi

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/skill

Nerfing skill means that being skilled doesn't make as much of a difference to the outcome as it did before.
    • Up x 1
  20. Silver Fox