Give the Magrider "no bullet drop". It's a Vanu trait....Right?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LIKE A BOSS!, May 22, 2014.

1. LIKE A BOSS!

Why does every other factions main cannon follow their factions traits BUT the magriders? The Prowler shoots the fastest causing it to be in a whole different league of it's own. The Prowlers HEAT does more damage than a Magriders AP to vehicles. The Vanguards main cannon also follows there traits. Slow but hits hard. The Vanguard has a long reload speed on it's main cannon but makes up for it's reload by doing more damage than the magriders and having a signifigantly faster velocity. Currently the Magriders are the worst in every category (damage, velocity) BUT reload speed where it is in the middle. It's literally impossible to hit ESFs when they are right on top of you because the Magrider has so many blindspots. The magrider cannon has so many downsides it would seem like it should have no bullet drop. Why can't the Magrider have no bullet drop as its traits. It's ONE of the Vanu traits where it would actually be useful. I'm starting to not even consider it even a trait anymore. What are the Vanus traits? No bullet drop isn't useful on a Serpent and a Orion. Is it .75 movement speed Multiplier? Well nope because the NC and the TR have it too. Vanu rocket launchers, Snipers, And Magriders main cannon all have drop Ignoring the bullet drop trait because it would actually be useful. Why can't we have any defining traits?
    And on a side note why is the most mobile tank also the biggest tank on the field o_O kinda counterproductive.
    • Up x 5
  2. Maelthra

Vanu aren't allowed to have no bullet drop on most of the guns where it would truly matter.
    • Up x 26
  3. LIKE A BOSS!

Yeah I noticed.
    • Up x 2
  4. Arsonix

The drop on the Magrider is actually indispensable since you can arc shots over hills and cover and make amazing shots. Taking away the drop would actually be a nerf because that is one thing the Magrider is good for and that is playing the terrain to it's advantage.
  5. Ronin Oni

It's cause we're on a mobile stable platform

I want them to fix turret stabilization so they can fix the bloody magrider already. Tired of it being the most nerfed tank just because we can shoot on the move a little more reliably (and no more reliable than it should be).

Lowest damage output, most drop, lowest velocity, same armor as prowler, bigger target, slowest tank (though it does accel a lil faster)

and we can't even spider tank any more.
    • Up x 6
  6. LIKE A BOSS!

A Vanguard can do that too. By driving another 50 meters backwards. And I will be able to play my terrain even better with no bullet drop. Who would take slow velocity with drop over slow velocity with no drop :eek:. You chose the weird option that 99% of people wouldn't take.
  7. Ronin Oni

fair enough, at least let us AIM HIGHER then

You know it's ridiculous when a tank that's sitting up from you a lil bit can't even be hit because you're on a minor decline slope.

a TANK. Not even an aircraft... A TANK!
    • Up x 4
  8. Sekaszy

Only thing what vanu have common with bullet drop is Lancer, Lasher, That new Sniper and NC/TR whines on this forum.

Soo probably not
  9. Pat22

While I agree with your point, I have to add: Lancer, Phaseshift, Spectre, Phantom, Saron, PPA all have no drop.

Though it makes for a horrible combination for a Magrider's main cannon to have the worst drop ever while the secondary has none at all. It's like the main gun suggest you should engage in CQC fights while the secondary is geared for long range.
    • Up x 3
  10. Ronin Oni

Phaseshift and no bullet drop is useless on it because it's effective range is too short to not need it.

Eidolon as well, again the bullet drop isn't all that noticeable at it's effective ranges. It drops (on NC/TR BR's) basically the height of your aiming dot. oh wow. much skill.

At least the difference with the Eidolon is only a 25mps velocity nerf to compensate.

If they removed drop from Mag main canon they'd probably either make it do the damage of an uncharged Lancer shot, or it'd have the velocity of a snail.
    • Up x 3
  11. Ronin Oni

Saron is geared for close range. It's lack of drop just keeps it from being total crap at long range (though Halberd is still better)

The design of the tank makes it best for long range (strafing to dodge shots) yet it's main canon's slow velocity + huge drop, and the secondaries significantly reduced damage potential are best for short range where it's lack of turret is a bane, and strafing to dodge shots is impossible unless you manage to psyche out your enemy (trick them into missing, because you can't dodge someone who knows what they're doing)
  12. LIKE A BOSS!

Ohh the phaseshift. It's literally another Spectre with the crappiest Bolt action in the game. "but it has no drop" The point at where bullet drop factors in on Bolt actions the Phaseshift can't even OHK with a Headshot at that range (200m). Its pretty horrible but the rest of the weapons you are right.
  13. Arsonix

Here try this: Get a guy on your secondary weapon and have him call out the position of an enemy. Then shoot slightly above the little marker and while your secondary weapon guy is actually slowly knocking chunks off his health you can actually provide support to him without exposing yourself to any danger at all.
  14. Hatesphere

The Saron also makes a great CQC alpha strike weapon as well since its COF bloom isn't an issues in close range and you can dump the whole mag. In fact the thing is still pretty much one of the best all range tank secondary's in the game, very consistent DPS at range and reliable alpha in CQC play to the mags strengths as a mobile ambush tank. It really shouldn't be a MBT though IMO (like most of the MBTs), but its what we got and it works.
    • Up x 3
  15. LIKE A BOSS!

But If I had no drop I could just move out my target effective range and I wouldn't be in any dange either.
  16. Pat22

Nevermind, I have no idea what I'm talking about.
  17. Arsonix

No danger and very little chance of hitting your target if it is moving. The drop is great because I can get very close and still be out of danger and if they rush you can just magburn to another spot and continue. The drop is really the saving grace of the Magrider.
  18. LIKE A BOSS!

Dude are you freaking kidding? Are you really trying to argue ****** drop is useful? Next you're going to say having no bullet drop on a sniper is worse than having bullet drop which is plain out wrong.
  19. \m/SLAYER\m/

plasma affected by gravity, anyway - rocket launchers has bullet drop, so its king OP, sitting inside tank, and sniping from 250m away, and its more fun, when two tanks trying to hit each other from a distance, correcting aim after each shot.
  20. LIKE A BOSS!

That is subjective. Killing things ingame is more fun imo.