The new Bandit is perfect! Thank you SOE!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by OddChelsea, Apr 10, 2014.

1. OddChelsea

I use the free version of FRAPS to take screenshots. Simple as can be, just hit F10 and upload it somewhere.
  2. Bankrotas

Aside from horizontal recoil, I think they're kinda same stats. It's just better Bandit.
  3. JP_Russell

I feel like the reload time is a bit longer than it needs to be. It's basically the same as the GD-7F's, which seems excessive. Long reload could stay about the same to encourage disciplined firing, but the short reload seems like it should be more like 2.4-2.5 seconds, which would still leave it as the second slowest reloading carbine in the NC's arsenal.
  4. Bankrotas

GD-7F has 4.3k damage, Bandit has 5k damage and lower reload time, it's fine.
  5. Ripshaft

Seems a bit OP, but only statwise, will have to see how it actually handles before I can draw any judgement. Either way I'm sure it'll be a hell of a gun.
  6. Regpuppy

Naw, The rate of fire is slightly higher but it has harsher damage dropoff (lower minimum damage than most 167 carbines)
    • Up x 1
  7. Paperlamp

Please tell me it at least has the left angle on its recoil now.

If it's a superior Cougar...ugh. NC gets the best recoil patterns on way too many guns already.
  8. Paperlamp

Welp got on test server, and nope, it's a .75 ADS Cougar with a better recoil pattern.

SFJFNHGJBFGJBHDIGJUHIUJrfngijerfg

Oh and probably the best iron sight on any carbine.
  9. Odin

Paperlamp I am trying to give u the benefit of the doubt, but after reading post after post of yours I just can't.
    You guys complained the bandit (cougar) wasn't good enough for Tr ffs. Now it's good for us and you now ***** cause of right hand bias being good, seriously u have some Nc hate in u and I really can't read anything u post with any kind of chuckle. You realize stat for stat, rof, damage , ttk, damage per mag and overall accuracy is better on the jag right. So nc gets a worse jag they rejected and Tr forum warriors didn't want but that's still too much.
    You guys must be joking.
    And yes Paperlamp we know you wanted a long range carbine but your new razor clone isn't good enough either. Just go Nc bro if u love our crap so much.
    • Up x 3
  10. Epic High Five

The NC has the best iron sights across the board and this is a stone cold fact.

It's got the typical NC setup - 0/0 deviation (recoil straight up), very strong vertical kick but relatively low FSRM, meaning that it kicks a lot overall but it's easier to compensate for with an experienced hand because the first shot of a burst isn't 3x stronger than the rest.

Recoil-wise it's looking a lot like the X11, which I don't see anybody saying is a classic laser beam rifle. Looks like it's going to be finicky but rewarding and, speaking as someone coming up on 10k kills with the 200/500 guns, I welcome more of those kinds of guns

Ah yes, but the Jaguar is Just Another 143/750 Gun whereas the Bandit is unique and fun. When the TTK difference is like 0.02 seconds, go for the fun one :D

Not sure how you'd make a better long range carbine than the Razor unless it wasn't a carbine. Pretty much it's got all the stuff you can give it to perform the role, which is why it's been more or less cloned across the empires. It's the only way to fill a key role in a lineup so just slap some factional lipstick on it and put it out there. It's going to be a great gun.
  11. Paperlamp

In short: a superior version of the Cougar.

It's not that finicky. All you have to do is pull down to control it, rather than pulling down and trying to pull the right amount to the right at the same time with the cougar to counter the left pull.

The Cougar could've been called finicky, the Bandit has some of the easiest handling of any gun. The vertical recoil is not difficult at all and I'd gladly take higher vertical for lower horizontal on most weapons.
  12. a4555in

Er why are the two graphs of the Bandit in the images different? Is it because you are using different attachments?
  13. Epic High Five

So what's the endgame here? TR gets a Merc clone? Does that mean the EM1 is bumped up to 750rpm too? Because the logic supports both actions.

Do you think SOE is going to give the TR a 167/600 close-mid Carbine like the Mercenary after they got a 167/632 close-mid carbine and raised such a stink that they just gave it to the NC, who were saying outrageous things like, "Bandit seems good, so does the Cougar" and "looks like SOE actually pulled it off and managed to balance a 600+ rpm 167 gun without making it an SMG", and gave you guys a copy of the best long range carbines in the game. Not every gun needs to be great at everything, and if you guys are so flush with CQC weapons then why do you even care how the Cougar will function at close range?

You guys got what you needed, and if you're lucky SOE has stopped listening to the TR for this patch.
    • Up x 2
  14. OddChelsea

They aren't? I wasn't using different attachments.
  15. a4555in

First one:Line starts between 194 and 132
    Second one: Line starts between 200 and 133
    Which is correct!?
    EDIT:
    Ohh I think I understand..the graphs vary according to the weapon you are comparing it to, so that both graphs can be shown on the same scale.Mybad.
  16. hellomumbo369

home, i see the nc have stop complaining about the cougar being blatantly op now that the bandit and cougar have basically swapped stats.
  17. hellomumbo369

now that they get the 167 damage carbine with an rpm of 637.
  18. Paperlamp

Point is the weapon NC got is clearly better than what TR was getting before Cougar was turned into a Razor clone.

We also definitely did not get what we needed. Net result is NC and VS got better guns while TR still has a ton of sucky weapon with no competitive CQC carbine to match GD-7F/Serpent, nothing competitive with Pulsar C/Mercenary/AC-X11 for mid-range stopping power, and just overall too many weapons with bad horizontal recoil making them useless.

And yeah, I'd love a 167/600 carbine. I'd take an exact clone of the Mercenary and NC can have an MSW-R clone for all I care. Although I'd rather have an AC-X11 or something competitive with it, all I really hoped for was a reasonably accurate carbine that still has decent TTK unlike the T5 AMC. That would be the Mercenary - or even the Zenith that VS is getting which is pretty impressive.

PTS changes go live and I may just be done with the game, BF4 on sale is tempting me pretty hard. It's more than I spent on PS2 but PS2 is dying and the changes they make to it seem to be very poorly thought out. With the announcement of their new DayZ style game I think PS2 is going to be left in the dust anyway. Still wish they'd take PS2 more seriously as it has great potential as a concept and there's no other competition on the market. They're squandering the hell out of it.
  19. OddChelsea

I imagine most of those who were complaining about it did so because it was superior to the old Bandit for the role it was designed for. Now the Cougar gets a different role to better fit the TR and we get the superior gun for the role we needed to be filled. I never claimed it was OP however and it still isn't.

@PaperLamp You should never get a 200 damage gun on TR, period. That is one of the most NC things possible and one of the least TR. It's one of the main NC traits to have the hardest hitting guns.
    • Up x 1
  20. hellomumbo369

didnt mean you in
    didnt mean you in particular, but there were a lot of nc complaining about op 632 rpm when it was announced. it seems they are now silent.