Your Accuracy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by salembeats, Apr 5, 2014.

1. salembeats

How does your in-game accuracy correlate with Aimbooster?

As of this writing, my personal best for the challenge is 34 seconds. In-game Infantry accuracy: 32.19%.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Surmise

Hm i think you are deluded into thinking that accuracy statistic is important for this game, it is not, unless you can have 35+ while shooting from 30-40 metres. Its very hard, haing 35+ is easy with smgs/carbines and even some lmgs. It also depends from if you are aiming for specific part(head?) or just body, big difference.

Btw my score in that game is;
    1.20 seconds
    85.6 accuracy
    Targets hit; 226
    Final targets/s 3.46 (i guess this one means how many targets you hit in 1 second)
    all that from 3rd try
    i would say my performance is solid while yours is pretty mediocre. im sure there are people who can outshadow me. also those circles are a bit too huge but maybe they should be since you can only ingore 3 of them at most.

My ingame acc is 34.5 from lmgs, all ranges

In short, this game is for overall aim practice; consistency, fast aiming, precise aiming even reacion a little bit since you must hit them many and if you fail 3 times it ends also accuracy statistic in game is pretty irrelevant as long as you have 25-35, its more about reaction time, consistent aiming, headshots and accuracy over distance and against moving strafing targets.

try out 400kg page, that one is for pros this one is interesting too, thanks for sharing, btw dont expect anyone replying on this thread anymore, noone is interested in improving in this community, since everyone is the best
    • Up x 1
  3. salembeats

Mine might be mediocre, but only relative to yours.

Make sure to give yourself credit for being good rather than assuming that others suck. ;)

I actually have a long way to go before mine is "brag-worthy" -- I simply listed it because it's what I expect others to do.
  4. The Rogue Wolf

My accuracy doesn't matter to me for most weapons, as I tend to use suppressive fire liberally.
    • Up x 11
  5. SinerAthin

Indeed.

If you got the ammo, use it!

I'd rather send 4000 rounds downrange even if just 1200 hit, as opposed to just sending down 2000 with 800 hits.
    • Up x 1
  6. LibertyRevolution

My newest TR alt has 81% ACC with his NS-11c, and 1 kill.
    Also have 86% ACC with his repeater pistol, and 2 kills.
    Even got 100% ACC with my max punch, which I used once, and got 1 kill.

:rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  7. Planetdoge

[IMG]

This is what I got on my first run; I get the distinct feeling that my mouse sensitivity (400 dpi) is too low for Aimbooster. My PS2 infantry accuracy is a whopping 8.69% (LOL) thanks to all the "shots fired" from repair tools and med tools.
  8. Flashtirade

Dasanfall says that on average I'm about 20% with infantry weapons. Not exactly MLG material, but it's enough to get things done.

reported for hacking
    • Up x 4
  9. Frostiken

Aimbooster has ****-all to do with your aim in game.

The style of aiming is drastically different. Aimbooster is you moving your mouse to static points. When you aim in-game, your whole view is moving. Your brain has to process an entire MOVING field of view, track a target, and follow it. Then, when you aim, you aren't bringing the reticule to the target... you're actually bringing the target to the reticule.

Simply put, the skills in Aimbooster translate not at all to precision in an FPS game. It's a good way to give you carpal tunnel, that's all.

Aimbooster may work if you really want to increase your precision in Windows... but if playing FPS games for months doesn't make you much better, then playing with a stupid flash game for a few minutes even on a regular basis won't do anything.
    • Up x 8
  10. LibertyRevolution

Yep. Aimbooster is like practicing for playing a whack-a-mole style game, not for a FPS.
    • Up x 1
  11. FBVanu

I looked at my stats for the Prowler..

with AP rounds, 20%+.. with HEAT only 13%..

because I can use heat rounds as suppressive fire on towers, and practically 'close' an exit to the enemy.. by just lobbing rounds at the shield and next to it..
    can't do that with AP rounds, cause they don't cause any splash.. no point in even trying..

I once saw a tag signature in this forum, of someone who had a 60% accuracy with their AP.. that's one deadly shot...

having said all that, the accuracy is not that important.. my survival and kill rate, plus contribution to a battle, no matter how many shots it takes..
    I'm certainly not the best shot, far, FAR from it.. but I can tick off an entire platoon and help stop them from taking a base..

It might count more if you play infantry.. the more accurate you can be, the less you need to reload?
  12. LibertyRevolution

Yep, ACC stats are really meaningless in this game...
    Here is my LowLevelNoob infantry weapon stats:
    [IMG]

I am actually a terrible shot...
  13. salembeats

As a dedicated Infil, perfect accuracy means the lowest possible TTK, which means more time spent in the "Cloaked" state.

Yes, stats don't mean "good" or "bad" -- it's a "right-brain task" (so to speak) to integrate the data and interpret it in a meaningful way.

Taking one stat value out of context is a great way to misinterpret data, and this is why the official Players Site is next to useless compared to Dasanfall's.

Your stats are your resume. An intelligent leader of an outfit you're trying to join might see your stats and ask why your HEAT accuracy is so low. You'd offer the same explanation that you do here, and a reasonable person would think to himself, "Ah, I understand".

Hmm.

A real-world analogy of what you're saying might go something like,

"Football players shouldn't lift weights. Tackling/throwing a football/intercepting a pass/etc. has nothing to do with the motions and resistance involved in weight training. It's a great way to strain a muscle. If pushing through offensive linemen for months doesn't make you better at pass rushing, then going to the weight room on a regular basis definitely won't help."

I can understand where you're coming from -- I've heard that argument before. The purpose of this thread is to actually test the correlation between Aimbooster skill and in-game aim, in order to see whether this kind of argument holds any weight.
  14. LibertyRevolution

You might as well play this then: http://www.curveball-game.com/
    Way more fun than playing click the dots..
  15. Frostiken

No, a real-world analogy would be like saying that practicing writing code in C++ will help you write code in Python. Your brain is not a muscle that does only two things.

Any outfit that interrogates you on your stats as a precursor for entry is an outfit full of complete tools. That isn't what a resume is.
  16. Fangry

Skyguard doesnt have much accuracy..
  17. salembeats

And...?

Learning Java and C# was certainly easier for me once I was comfortable with C++. The learning curve for Lua-based game scripts is much shorter for me than I'd imagine it'd be for someone who has never written a line of code in his life.

There are certain coding "best practices" that you develop regardless of language, a certain mindset you develop as a coder, and a good amount of shared syntax.

There are transferable soft skills involved with any activity.

Practicing writing C++ code won't teach you the basics of Python. However, the experience of writing C++ code will certainly improve your Python code as soon as you learn Python's syntax.
  18. St0mpy

fun game, just my ingame accuracy is crap on machine weapons (not so much smg) as i just cant resist firing at ESF, harassers, anything even if its just 1 shot in a clip, could get me the kill, who knows.
    • Up x 1
  19. Nocturn0l

Actually, you are: Your KDR and KPH stats don't correspond with your accuracy, which could mean you are padding your accuracy stats just to show off
    • Up x 1
  20. salembeats

Seems preposterous to me. The only outfits without some sort of vetting process are zergfits who recruit everyone because their leaders have wet dreams about "leading the game's largest outfit".

To be honest, I wouldn't even bother "interrogating" (such a "sinister" connotation for the simple act of asking questions). I can take a look at a person's stats and get an approximation of a person's playstyle and/or skill level. It's an intuition-based task where you integrate the scattered data in order to interpret something meaningful, and that's what I'm best at.

When I "interrogate" a person, it's to clear up an occasional ambiguous statistic which I might otherwise interpret as an area for improvement.
    For example: A high Accuracy stat for BASRs might indicate that a person is a great shot, or it might mean that he fires only at stationary targets. You'd usually check the KPH to resolve this vagueness, but what if a person switches to a BASR only when there's a large number of stationary targets around, and then switches back?
    The power of questions comes to the rescue.

In my outfit, I want to know who I can trust to cover my back, who I can learn from, and who would benefit from some coaching. I recruit from both ends of the skill spectrum. I also keep in touch with my outfit members' stats, because I'd like to track each member's progress.