C4 - Overused and needs to be toned down

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ancalagon, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MostlyClueless

My outfit runs Battle Sundies a lot and I don't think we've ever lost one to C4. Yes a deployed, unmanned Sunderer is an easy target for C4 Fairies, but that is shifting the goalposts a bit.
  2. Alarox

You have 30 C4 kills. Hardly seems like enough to say that C4ing tanks is easy mode.
  3. Alarox

And getting close with C4 is guaranteed suicide unless the driver screws up terribly, while using a rocket is relatively safe.
  4. TheBloodEagle

No.

Sick of C4 complainers.
    • Up x 1
  5. Alarox

C4 doesn't go that far and it takes ~2s to throw and detonate, during which you're completely vulnerable. You can use it against infantry yeah, but unless you use it only in situations where you're in no risk of being shot then you're just wasting 100s of resources as (at least in my experience) it always boils down to throwing the C4 then being killed and getting both a death and losing that brick.

You can use it as a pseudo-proximity mine, except it costs more and is less effective.

C4 has already been nerfed 2-3 times. With Flak becoming so common, you can drop C4 right next to someone and they'll simply shoot you in the face after you pull the trigger, making it unreliable against infantry.
  6. BoomBoom4You

Disagree, think C4 is fairly balanced right now, especially after the changes to flak. C4 adds a really interesting dynamic to vehicle fighting and doesn't let MBTs farm infantry with impunity, it forces them to have their wits about them and greatly expands the utility of prox radar. Nope, I'd say C4 is pretty much perfect right now.
    • Up x 1
  7. IamDH

Although i agree that grenades aren't very effective, what you are saying is pretty extreme
  8. Alarox

Implying the entire equipment called C4 is equivalent to the one tactic of putting it on suicide flashes.

Have to point this out. C4 is an easy farming tool (costs 200 resources for, likely, 1 kill, and probably involves your own death) but a tank is not?

The hardest weapon to kill a C4 fairy with, as a tanker, is Titan-150 AP on the Vanguard. You have one shot and then a 3.5-4s reload. And yet, I have never died to a single LA who simply floated in the air above/toward me for a C4 kill. Why? Because all I need to do is point my TANK CANNON at his FACE and pull the trigger. Thanks for the kill.

For 450 resources I can go on massive killstreaks slaughtering everything. With HEAT/HE, it becomes an infantry farm fest. 200 resources allows someone to stop the farm if:

1.) They somehow manage to get next to said tank.
    2.) They manage to spend the 3s it takes to drop and detonate the C4.
    3.) The tanker fails to see him, fails to move, and fails to shoot him.

How does that one infantryman not deserve to blow up that tank, and how does that tanker not deserve to get his tank blown up?
  9. Tbone

C4 should be like turrets deployable not throwable and ammo should work like C4 drop and there it is.
  10. Tbone

This is the best i love it really.I never saw and XP farming trooper who gladly stay behind to guard a sundy and get no certs.You really think a certfarmer will do that?
  11. Alarox

So if two Light Assaults manage to get next to your Sunderer and spend the 3s it takes to place and detonate C4, you don't deserve to lose it? If an Engineer somehow manages to walk right up next to your sunderer and take the 3s to place and detonate tank mines, you don't deserve to lose it?

If you guys think this is bad then you would have gone crazy back when you could aim drop pods. I used to drop on enemy Sunderers and eliminate them all the time with either 2 C4 and a rocket with my HA, or 3 C4 with an Engineer.
  12. Tbone

So fallowing your logic Striker was great cause it punished flyers who didn't drop flares, or drop them but stayed there in the fight not fly behind a rock?
  13. ZEPLN

No to all of this. Every page of it. Do we need to nerf sniper rifles because you were standing still in the open? Do we need to nerf ESFs and Libs because they can hit you from high altitudes? Do we need to ban the spoon because some people think it's the cause of obesity?

C4 doesn't need to change because you people can't play defensively... as a real soldier would in a combat situation. Approach corners slow, keep an eye on your surroundings, never place your MAX or vehicle in an area where infantry can hit you while remaining safely above your main or secondary angle-lock, and check your six from time to time.

Every "complaint" with C4 can be countered with cautious and defensive gameplay. The only change that needs to happen to C4 is fixing that damn detonator. I shouldn't have to press the button six times to blow up the one charge I placed on you because you never look up.
    • Up x 2
  14. Tbone

I think the problem is not the sundy it is the throw like a grenade than boom and you are dead.Where on earth the C4 works like that.Correct me if i am wrong but you have to put it on the ground or wall put the detonator in etc.If you would run with a full armed C4 you could blown to pieces if something goes wrong.
  15. ZEPLN

C4 is a stable high explosive that, in almost any situation, can only be detonated by the detonator. What's to stop me from wadding it up in a ball and throwing it at your face and hitting the plunger?

C4 is not TNT or Nitro-glycerin. You don't have to pray to God every time you take a step with that stuff in your hand.
  16. Tbone

Well the striker get nerfed ,the Fracture got nerfed, the scatter got nerfed,and a lot of thing got nerfed just because people couldn't play and started whining.Why should this be different?
  17. TheBloodEagle

"C4 is very stable and insensitive to most physical shocks. C4 cannot be detonated by a gunshot or by dropping it onto a hard surface. It does not explode when set on fire or exposed to microwave radiation. Detonation can only be initiated by a combination of extreme heat and a shockwave, such as when a detonator inserted into it is fired." -wiki
    • Up x 1
  18. Alarox

If anything, C4 in this game is a bit too restrictive in use. Your guy acts like he has 80 pound weights on every joint in his body, then feels the need to wait a good second after putting his hand back on the detonator in order to click it, and finishes off with some action-movie detonation where he feels the need to swing his arm forward in order to press a button.
    • Up x 1
  19. Tbone

Nope, but its explosive. Throw at me and pray that you do not mess up the sensitive electronics for example.
  20. ZEPLN

Because that is seriously flawed logic behind the need for nerfing and, as a player of Planetside 2, you shouldn't perpetuate its stupidity.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.