Let`s think a way we could give TR high damage weapons without ruining faction traits

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FIN Faravid, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Hiding in VR

Why? If faction traits are important, lets give TR LMGs 125/500 mags.

I am not sure TR has the variety the other factions possess. Admittedly, I might just be unlucky and find it easier to find guns I like in the other factions. But if I am unlucky, it doesn't seem like I am the only one.
  2. Matixzun

Yeah, But the difference is you have dominance over High damage, low Rof weapons, like shotguns, you have the Jackhammer, yet we, TR, don't have dominance over our traits, because the GD-7F and the Serpent are the highest RoF carbines, neither of which is a TR weapon. NC should have dominance over high damage low rof and actually has it, TR should have dominance over low damage high rof yet we don't.
  3. Hoki

The only weapons I want from NC or VS are the magshot and cyclone.
  4. iPlague

The thing about making strong TR weapons, IS keeping them TR.
    Instead there's obvious faction identity problems to spot in the NC having the GD-7F with 845 ROF, Carnage AR 845 ROF (with an Advanced foregrip). Now imagine the TRV with an Advanced foregrip, that's it.

The problem is not TR, it's the NC stealing TR's weapons stats. No other faction has access to 200 damage bullet weapons, yet everybody BUT TR has access to 845 ROF weapons in multiple categories!

Even the Blitz GD-10 845 ROF? Why do the Hailstorm get 800 then, if anything it should be the opposite!

This is my biased opinion where I believe the TR only gets the NC's coal instead of their presents.

Regardless of this, IF they want to buff TR the choice is obvious, give the guns less Horizontal recoil and bring it on par with VS weapons. The Orion has .20-.20 Horizontal shake, and the MSW-R has .225-.225, these guns are fundamentally the same in terms of stats, with the difference of Orion being .75 ADS movement speed, and MSW-R having access to SPA and Adv Laser. But the fact that the MSW-R shakes that much makes it... quite shaky even with a foregrip.

Other than that, in terms of actual weapon buffing, I'd say there's currently 2 things on my mind.
    The Vulcan needs to be remade, either make a minigun that shoots small grenades which would be ideal for a AV turret and don't **** it at 10-20 meters like they've already done.

Striker. Biggest Empire Specific joke in the game, annihilator is 10 times better than this "maintain lock LOL" ****.

And just to make it clear, holy **** 10 more ammo? OP! How come our weapons preform the worst then when you check out all the weapons spreadsheets the devs have posted, this is a bad excuse people hide behind. I mean have you ever heard anyone whine about the Lynx or Jaguar? No. But a lot whine about Gauss Saw. 200 DMG 100 mag LMG.

"But you're TR, you have more AMMO, Vanu only has 1 100 mag LMG rest is 50 or 75, LOL CRAI:eek:"
    TR has 3 "LOL HIGH AMMO LMGs", T9 Carv, T9 Carv S, and the Rhino.
    NC though has: EM1, Gauss Saw, Gauss Saw S, and EM6. That's 4 high ammo LMGs.

So not only doesn't the TR have a "high ammo trait" nor do we have a "high ROF trait" The only 845 weapon the TR in a weapon category is the Cycler TRV. Oh wow it has one, but so does the Carnage AR!

Hence why I believe, Higby likes to Buff NC, and pretend TR is fine, as he's ignorant of the other weapons than AR, because as we all know, Higby is a medic that doesn't ress:rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  5. Hiding in VR

Not complaining about a general lack of Extended Mags, just that my HA's favourite gun is available for the NC (exact duplicate), but they can buy it with extended mags and have 150 certs left over. So when people go on about TR having this great faction trait of extended ammo, I am not feeling the love :(

I meant 200@10/167@85.
  6. axiom537

Dominance in High damage, Low RoF is a characteristic, that is the LEAST desired weapon characteristic in an FPS, because it is the least effective, being the best in that category is nothing to be proud of or shoot for. That is why the most popular weapons for the NC are High ROF, Low damage weapons, because in an FPS game those weapon traits win. This is a strait up balance issue, you can not give one empire dominance in the High Rof, Low damage, because that is the gold standard trait for most weapons in any FPS shooter.
  7. Matixzun

That's the way traits work, And actually shape playstyle, If you play NC and you believe high rof low damage is better than high damage low rof, then you choosed the wrong faction, because that's the way traits work, or are supposed to, I personally don't see any problem with high damage low rof and i'm pretty sure there is people that neither do and play NC.
  8. Flashtirade

I'm not exactly sure they're exactly the same (I own both but I've not used the TMG that much), but 167 to 200 is NC territory.

However, I do think some odd choices were made with ammo capacity. While I am thankful that the SAW has the 100-round capacity that it does, I'm also pretty sure that said capacity paired with its long reload (actually the longest reload in the game when dry) is a TR thing.
    I also don't understand why TR LMGs don't dip into the 125 damage at 800+ RPM range of weapons, when clearly it would suit them and it could be done without adding any new damage tiers, RoF, handling characteristics, etc.
    • Up x 1
  9. Littleman

The Carnage BR actually has an RPM of 750.

What I would do for the TR small arms arsenal:

Swap the GD-7F and Serpent stats with the Lynx (an 800rpm carbine.) Further tweak the Lynx's stats to more resemble the TRV - a weapon as TR as the Reaper DMR is NC. Fairly accurate at ADS, kind of so-so at hip-fire without an ALS, top of it's class RPM. The Reaper and the TRV are literally the at the exact opposite ends of the spectrum. The TR should have the monopoly on 845rpm+ weapons.

Same goes for the hailstorm: why, for 10 more rounds, is the RPM lower than the Blitz or the Sirius, and harder to control (before and after a fore-grip) to boot? 10 rounds aren't worth tanking every other stat. NOTE to anyone that hasn't pulled out the calculator: at 800rpm and 125 damage per round, the DPS output of the hailstorm is the same as the NC1 Gauss/AF-19/Anchor and Pulsar VS1/Solstice/SV-88. All you're really getting from the hailstorm is double the magazine size of the rifles/carbines the NC and VS use and a tighter initial CoF. Meanwhile, the blitz and the sirius are just better overall...
  10. Gheeta

Faction traits are completely pointless at this point and should be completely forgotten, this would give the developers more room to design unique and viable weapons for all factions.
    • Up x 3
  11. minhalexus

I'm fine to losing my SMGs, but in return either:

1) Infiltrators can not use SMGs, just like they can not use shotguns
    2) Infiltrators can use Shotguns, just like they can use SMGs.

Any one of the above would be fine. And i would give up SMGs, no questions asked.
  12. z1967

Shotguns, NS weapons, and sniper rifles (bar the VS no drop trait on the semi-autos) have absolutely no difference between the factions. Nobody can complain about the NC having a pump action shotgun because everybody has a pump action shotgun that is exactly the same statwise. The only difference is the aesthetics and which faction you can buy it for. Aside from that, shotguns are a poor example of NC traits because their traits are higher damage and lower rate of fire, which is what lets them preform better at long ranges. NC are THE long range faction with their arsenal being mostly for those ranges. Shotguns are useless outside of 10m unless you have slugs, which it then extends to 30m.
  13. minhalexus

TR has more magazine in most cases.
    I'm fine with the TR having more ammo on their LMGs, if it is enough for them. (which is not in the minds of TR players)

I wish that was true for the NC max. I can't do **** out of 5m.
    I'm glad TR players somewhat feel the pain of the NC max.
    • Up x 1
  14. z1967

Please no. The biggest problem with shotguns and infiltrators is that infiltrators are great at getting right up in your face with very little warning. Having Infiltrators capable of wielding shotguns would be a million times worse than infiltrators wielding SMGs. You can reactto an SMG user, you cannot react to a pump action shotgun use though. It was possible for awhile to use infiltrator and shotguns but then SOE had to take it away because they were the far too effective as anti-infantry units. So, lol no.
  15. axiom537

If shotguns are a poor example of NC traits, please explain why we have 3 versions of it on our Maxes, 2 versions for our ground vehicles, 1 for our ESF and a specialized one for our HA's?

Now we are also the faction of long range, even though we have ES shotguns on everything? Where is our long range AI Max, where is our long range AI secondary for our ground vehicles, where is our long range AI secondary for our ESF. Which weapons to we have that are superior at range then the other empires? Please provide some statistically proof, no offense but I am not going to take your word for it or am I going to believe any "on paper" theory craft. Show me the Data...
    • Up x 1
  16. minhalexus

If you think that is so, then NC should keep its SMGs.
    This wasnt actually a suggestion, i was just trying to make the TR dude realise, that NC should have shotguns on infiltrators, if SOE takes away SMGs from the NC.
    • Up x 1
  17. Hibiki54

Only if I get the M14 Banshee as an NC LMG.
  18. Nextic

You will have to pry my desperado from my cold dead hands...
  19. NinjaTurtle

The Desperado is a TR weapon, the NC should never have been given access to it. It was a poor design decision imo and was another step in making the factions nothing more than same weapons different colours
  20. Flashtirade

:D
    • Up x 1