Let`s think a way we could give TR high damage weapons without ruining faction traits

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FIN Faravid, Feb 25, 2014.

1. FIN Faravid

So many people would have joined NC if they would have choosed their faction solely on traits, but giving high damage weapons kind of ruin TR faction traits of having low damage high ROF. So lets put our heads together and think of way to give TR higher damage weapons.
    Some ideas are:
    -Giving other factions nerfed weapons of other factions weapons- but everyone is already complaining how their weapons suck, so no thanks.
    -Being able to pick up fallen enemie`s weapons, but that is not really the same...
    -'renting' weapons from other factions
    -new weapons
    Or is TR forced to use low damage weapons even when they don`t want to? :(
    I am trying to stay loyal to TR but these spammy weapons are making it hard.
    And yes, i have tried NC, i played whole beta with it.
  2. z1967

They have the GD-7F, I think the T5-AMC could be a 167 dmg weapon at the loss of some fire rate. TMG-50 could be a ganked SAW with only 184 dmg (this makes the damage fall-off a solid 167 dmg). I would also do the same thing to the SABR-13. For those of you who do not know, the 184 dmg tier uses the same amount of bullets to kill as the 167 dmg tier but retains that 6 shot kill out to further ranges. 184 is a rarely used damage tier but I think it should be the standard for long range weapons for non infiltrator classes.
    • Up x 4
  3. Chipay

-use shotguns :p
    • Up x 3
  4. IamDH

No, please no.

TR dont get NC traits and NC shouldnt get TR traits. If you want high damage, go NC

If you want low RoF + high damage weapons AND high RoF + low damage weapons then you are asking for the best of both worlds and destroys the whole faction concept (you know, the thing that makes planetside different to battlefield/halo)
    • Up x 8
  5. Hiding in VR

I believe the usual process is to give it horizontal recoil and half the attachments.

/snark ;)
    • Up x 2
  6. WyrdHarper

More barrels (like the Tankbuster). Want more damage? Shoot more bullets by using more barrels! It is the TR way!

Also we should have 167 damage and 896 RPM carbines. I'm really jealous of the variety of carbines NC gets.
    • Up x 4
  7. NinjaTurtle

No

Faction uniqueness should be more encouraged.

For a start swap the stats of the GD-7F and the jaguar around and replace the desperado with something more NC
    • Up x 6
  8. axiom537

I think all three factions should have weapons that have the possibility of being identical to another factions faction specific weapon, but they will need to spend certs in order to accomplish this goal.

Each faction should create a knock off of the other factions weapons, but they will need to put 3-4000 worth of certs into that knock off weapons to get it to perform the same as the Empire specific weapon it is trying to mimic.

So if the TR want a weapons that has all the same stats of the Guass-Saw, then they will need to buy a knock off version of it, but that weapon will be much weaker, because it is a knock off and the TR engineers, just aren't as proficient as the NC in designing such a weapon. So the TR player is going to need to put 3-4000 certification points to upgrade and modify the weapon, till the end result is basically an identical weapon to the Guass-Saw.

This solves so many balance issues between the empires and at the same time it keeps the faction traits unique between the empires and it allows players to modify and use the types of weapons that work best for different situations.
  9. Phazaar

Sorry, when did the situation change? As far as I'm aware, TR already have the highest DPS weapons in half of the categories... I'm really not sure why everyone spends so much time fascinated by how much damage a weapon does per hit. It's of no meaningful advantage in in-game situations (if you'd like to give me your theorycrafted example that 'proves' this to be incorrect, feel free, but do prepare yourself for some reading, because I will drop the ~10,000 words I have kept on notepad on the subject in here for your education).

I'm also not sure where you get the idea that everyone goes for high damage [per hit] weapons - they certainly haven't until this point in game. It's far more likely that players go for whichever faction they feel they'll have the easiest time on: the overpop faction... Or they go for 'lore' if they're a bit RPer-y... I would bet very serious money (just from the number of n00bs who've been talking in our pub squads and been like 'Seriously?! We're the RoF faction!? AWESOME!' or the opposite) that a majority of players don't even read the faction traits before rolling their characters.
    • Up x 4
  10. Phazaar

HELLS YES.

Give me that shiny Jag. You know that grandparent you only really visit at Christmas to check her pulse to get an idea when you might be able to get on the property ladder? The one that's always on her way out, but recovering simultaneously? I'll get rid of her for you. No probs. Just give me the Jag. PLEEEEEEASE. If you get guilty afterwards, we can even cuddle. I don't mind. Just. Please. The Jag. Pretty please.

/Pines.
    • Up x 6
  11. Phazaar

All this does is hand a MASSIVE advantage to whichever faction has the best starter weapons (VS), since we know in a majority of cases, high damage+low rof weapons are preferred only by experienced players owing to their skill ceiling, new players on VS will have the best weapons at their skill level... And by the time they've 'skilled up', they'll have the certs to take the 'high skill ceiling' weapons from the other factions. Meanwhile, no new player on NC is going to be able to access the early game advantage VS gets, and by the time they're late game, won't be looking for other factions weapons...

(The above is an 'on average' statement - myself, even at BR95 would, as above, carry out all manner of sins to get my hands on the Jaguar... But I know that's personal preference :p ).
  12. Akeita

This. You guys never ever have to scared because running out of ammo and have to reload much, NC reload more than they shoot...
  13. Regpuppy

like the shotgun pistol that, for once, we've been waiting for? Srsly, it's the one place that no one would hate it in.
  14. Meccar

"Faction Traits" are pretty much a joke anyway.
  15. Kitakami

Make all weapons available to all factions.

However, non-matching ES weapons cost 40% more to buy, and 2x more to unlock attachments.

So, a TR can buy the AC-X11 for 700 SC (up from 500 SC), and unlock foregrip for 200 certs (up from 100 certs), etc.

Also fixes a lot of 4th factioning, and encourages sales.

Job done.
    • Up x 1
  16. axiom537

The advantage already exists, so it doesn't hand a massive advantage to the faction with the best starter weapons, that already exsists. The only thing it does is allow players to either use or create a knock off of the best weapon for each class as they see it.

Hey, I was just throwing a bone to the grass is always greener crowd. Personally I'm like you, if this went into the game then I'd build an NC version of the Jaguar and call it a day...I love the GD-7F and GR-22...
  17. TheBlindFreak

How to give the TR high damage rifles:

High Damage
    Average mag size.
    Lowish ROF
    Worse recoil/cof stats than native NC rifles.
    Better firing audio.

That's the formula that got the NC the GD-7F. Give it the high ROF, but **** it's other stats.

edit: it appears that "g imp" is censored. It's weird because it wasn't censored in the past.
  18. CrashB111

But NC already have TR traits with the SMGs, and GD-7F.

If they aren't going to lose those weapons, why shouldn't the TR get something in return?
    • Up x 8
  19. axiom537

And the TR already have NC traits with Shotguns.
    • Up x 1
  20. Matixzun

Shotguns aren't NC traits, dude. High damage per bullet and poor RoF are. Also thematically they use more coilguns and railguns than shotguns.
    • Up x 1