So we basically get a longshot 2.0?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Bape, Feb 10, 2014.

1. JesNC

Now I could call you a hypocrite, or we just agree that we both made a silly mistake with our phrasing...

And it's ok for people to be content,that doesn't change the fact that the Precision Pro now offers nothing at all to people who already own high tier BASRs, and is a questionable upgrade over the Bolt Driver.
    And I'm not even talking about the advertised "flexibility".
    So yeah, it's totally fine to be content. Most people were content with a lot of game mechanics, that didn't keep them from being changed for the better though.
  2. Nephi1im

Have you actually shot the thing? It doesn't sound like it. Yes, when you are dealing with a difference of 50 mps velocity, it is a matter of learning to compensate, not better or worse. However, when something can headshot where the lines meet at max range.... THAT is a different story.

Seems like everyone hasn't shot it yet, likes to hear themselves complain, or didn't get there flame spitting 1 shot max killer tank disabling "versatile" gun. Either way, I can say with the utmost confidence that this will see vastly more use than the other two "versatile" ES rifles.
  3. ZeroErrorz

GIVE THE SHAWDGUN BACK,seriously thought this is the only nc shotgun that have a potential of being useful, OP weapon ? dont think so since everyone gonna get explosive bolt as well which include infil
    EDIT: also soe do you always want nc to be underpowered F u
  4. JesNC

Wohoo, great, I don't need to compensate for drop/velocity anymore. Awesome.
    1) When you spend enough time with BASRs, they become incredibly boring IMO. Removing comprensation/lead time makes it just more boring. But we were promised something different and versatile.
    2) How long do you think hitscan OHKs are going to last on the live servers? You're right, most people don't use the test server at all. There's going to be a huge outcry, especially from the VS (since, alledgedly, high velocity/no drop is their trait. They fixed the Phoenix in under 2 weeks, let's see if they can top that. IF this goes live at all.
  5. ISKNausicaa

Statswise its hands down the best BASR in the game right now, boring as hell, but the best, the thing that will make or break it is how visible its spaghetti string projectile is going to be and how loud its shot SFX is compared to the older rifles.

I was hoping for the rifle to be reminiscent of the NC BFR gunner particle cannon in PS1, decent projectile speed, slow rechamber/reload weapon that when it hits it leaves behind a small health eating radiation field behind for a short amount of time, this could have all kinds of applications; forcing targets out from behind thin cover, doing health damage to people in vehicles that sit there, giving the sniper a potential kill from a bodyshot if the target sits in the rad field too long etc.
  6. Giggily

So the NC get a sniper rifle will a vaster bullet velocity than a Lancer, a projectile that moves so fast which results in virtually zero drop within the projectiles render distance (not that drop even matters on 90% of sniper shots anyways, but whatever), and does more damage than the most powerful current rifles.

Truly being NC is suffering. At least TR got a sick sniper rifle with bad damage and bad accuracy and mediocre velocity, while the NC are forced to put up with having the best everything.
  7. Eyeklops

Everybody has 500 health. All infantry classes get a 500 point shield except the infiltrator, which gets 400 (for a total of 900)
    • Up x 1
  8. Torok

Ok I have my final suggestion aka wet dream for the Current Railgun.

Stats are Absolutely fine, it's the God-Tier of BASR.
    What I'm wishing for is a Custom Scope with 7x-10x-12x optic lens that you can switch on-the-fly by pushing the selective fire keybinding, default is B.

I'm excited and saddened as this will probably never happen.

To compensate, Straight-Pull attachment is unavailable for the Railgun.
  9. DxAdder

The Trap:
    The current version is just a another semi -auto

The Shade
    Recharge (5 sec), scope swap and the delay before firing make this a sub par sniper rifle.

The NC ES is right now is the best of the three.
  10. JesNC

We don't need a better rifle. It really doesn't get much more powerful than OHKs at 300m. What many people wanted was something unique and versatile. The TR and VS ESSRs deliver in that regard, the Hitscan Pro is just plain and boring, as well as too easy to use.
    • Up x 1
  11. BloodyPuma

Generally speaking whole idea of adding a fifth sniper was from the very beginning plain bad. 3 uniqe ideas. The less uniqe - the more op result. The more unique - the less needed by snipers.

Game lacks mid and long range auto for snipers.
    Game lacks diversity in semi/or different mid.

Game does not lack long or render distance stuff.

There will be extreme s.storm after this will hit live. And honestly - every side WILL HAVE RIGHT CLAIMS. Solution - make three rifles NS. Everybody wins, +1 auto variant +1 super sniper variant +1 semi auto with no ammo viariant. And SOE get 3 x more cash.

Why not leave infiltrators as the most balanced class? Do this and versality and list of weapons to choose for infil will be greate.

Crap - even more. Divide NC gun to two separate NS guns. Lacking sniper + lacking shotty, super sniper. Divide VS one to two NS guns - no ammo bolt, no ammo semi-auto. PLus TR one. 5 different guns, all NS. THAT WOULD BE MONSTER UPDATE. Covering 90% of playstyles.
  12. gnometheft

i love it. It fills a different nc appropriate niche. the functionality may be boring to a few, but I am very happy with this railgun. Near instant velocity and near no bullet drop is amazing on a BASR.
  13. Tentakewls

NC = Get OP ****, still whine about it.
    • Up x 3
  14. MajiinBuu

It's still way better than the shade
    • Up x 1
  15. BioPhysics

What's with the NC and all these easy mode weapons rofl, you've just given them a weapon that is better than any other sniper in the game. They do cry the loudest out of any faction so maybe that's why. Let's give them a couple more easy weapons and watch NC population rise to 50% on all servers.

TR got shafted as usual, if anything, they deserve the "best" weapon after what's been happening to them. Honestly I feel really bad for them right now.

VS got a pretty useless gun, cool, never run out of ammo, but you can only OHK someone if they stand out in the open without moving for 5 seconds. Brb our faction trait of no bullet drop is given to the NC.
    • Up x 1
  16. BloodyPuma

I like TR gun. But its not gun for snipers. Its niche gun, most of people will hate it.
    VS gun idea is cool, implementation sucks.
    NC is op as hell. Dont know any long range sane sniper doing shot by shot, so "weakness" of the gun is nonexisent. Text book sniping learning curve - if you want to get rid of bad habbit of shooting shot by shot - reload gun after every shot [stil longer, then mythical NC penatly].

If they are too lost to repair it - make it all NS. Everybody wins, except low budget people that invested money in old sniper rifles ;)

Update is not near ready, rushed like crap. Every weapon - no matter how we whine about it is plain upgrade over existing weapons.
  17. Bape

Easy mode weapons? VS has the easiest weapons in the game?
  18. Ash87

The NC rifle can kill maxes, Really quickly now, as it could before. I think it's 5 headshots. To put that into perspective, the NC rifle now has a TTK on maxes between that of the Deci and the default RL. I need to double check this when I get home, but last I looked that was the way that one worked out.

I'm honestly right with the NC, the shotgun that they added was FINE. Another alternative here, would be to make the shotty blasts be 2 hit headshots or 2 body shots to kill by messing with the HS modifier or damage...
  19. Alarox

If I'm already good at sniping, how much will getting the NC ESSR change how I play? How will it help me perform better?

It won't. It will be a cooler looking Longshot as I already know how to lead targets and compensate for drop. This is what people are complaining about. If you're going to claim that NC complaints aren't justified, then respond to this argument.

I'll get it because it is cool for sure, but not because it gives me something I don't have. As far as I see it, a sniper buying this weapon is just getting a new skin for their Longshot.
  20. NinjaTurtle

Don't want the best of everything just something unique and new, not something we already have just on steroids.

Yeah maybe.... but you try and land 5 headshots on a MAX. If you can find a MAX stupid enough to stand still for long enough for me to land 5 headshots on him in that short period send him my way please

And having effectively a hitscan weapon will cause waterfall of tears and it will get nerfed and will result in us being left with a worse Longshot.

Or in the best case scenario SOE reverting on their previous decision and reinstalling the shotgun part as a grovelling apology.

This will not last is my prediction, within a month I think it will get a nerf.... oh and wasn't no bullet drop a VS thing? Because for all intense and purposes this thing has that