Server Downtime for Patch January 30, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Kiomelt

Can open all the server now? I WAITNG SO LONG my server is LOCKED. Unlocked it now PLEASE!!!!!
  2. CrazyCanadian24

I don't mind the idea of Galaxy spawning, but it needs a way more thought-out system than just "lololololyoucanspawninGalaxiesnow.avi.png.jpg.mp3". Having the Sunderer AMS always equipped is a welcome change, though.

You must be new here.
  3. aceoyame

Gate crashing sunderers everywhere!

In all seriousness that seems pretty game breaking
  4. SLiCKRiCK

I lolled.
  5. RyanGUK

Dunno if anybody has mentioned but there's a patch available for download on the client so get it downloaded ^.^
    • Up x 1
  6. DEL1001

i really think this has a lot of potential. the galaxie is more viable as a troop transport as it should be and is more rewarding. i can find myself upgrading my own gal after a while. i can see a lot of cool stuff that can happen with this. like dropping out an galaxy as light or heavy asault and yolo kill liberators that are hovering. the only thing soe needs to do is implant an vehicle resuply and maybe maybe even add in an proximity repair system and then the galaxy is a total badass as it should be. then its an asset to your organised team in stead of an dispoceble transport for a squad.
  7. SLiCKRiCK

Didn't think about that. Interesting tactic.
  8. SlowTRigger

you all missing the point , now you cant spawn to any sandis , thats sucks
  9. aceoyame

You already had pointless generators at Freyr. They need to either remove or revamp them. Right now they're just free xp
  10. Dalton8525

I am incredibly excited to see the galaxy get more love! For years in Planetside 1 I was nothing but a Gal Dropship / Gunship pilot, but their use in PS2 has seemed incredibly limited. Really looking forward to having a reason to stay in my Gal and keep flying now!
  11. Wezdor

A good solution would be to limit the Galaxy's fall damage immunity to 200m. That way, they need to stick close to the ground and be easy within reach of everything
  12. CrazyCanadian24

Not really, since only organised squads can make use of Sundies. Besides, the gate crasher existed before. How bad could it be?
  13. AtheosGr

Anyone know when the server will be unlock? i am new i dont know but the time have pass
  14. CrazyCanadian24

Sorry kid, servers don't usually go back up until the next day.
  15. Schwak

That's not what I was referring to but okay. Plus this goes both ways, it will be like drop pod sundie holocaust all over again.
  16. SLiCKRiCK

But before, AMS was in the utility slot, so people couldn't spawn on the sundy once you got inside the gates.
  17. Leftconsin

I'm never going to have to ask the question "Are we ditching the Gals?" again. Now they are more useful than the one shot troop transport many squads use them as. They are much more useful in single squad raiding tactics, smart drops, and will hopefully more air fortress galaxies. This gives a lot of incentive for having a few Gals parked over head providing fire support, a change that I support.

Like this:[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  18. aceoyame

Exactly, before you had to make a sacrifice and it was MUCH less common to see. The only ones you saw doing it was well organized squads. Now anyone can got have their platoon drop in off one sundy.
  19. HauFranca

sony is to be congratulated never seen another company with a free game to take care and manage as well as you.
  20. Bowl

Am I the only dedicated Sunderer driver grinning at this update?
    I'm not even thinking about the big gate diffuse abuses so much as neat little tricks; like being able to just instantly get gunners when I ask for them, calling for emergency repairs when under distress, or gathering up some C4 bros on the move to dismount right on enemy tanks as I pass by them.
    Also glad I'll be rid of being berated about deploying when I don't even run AMS. Now I can deploybus inbetween battlebus.
    • Up x 1