Mr Higby want's your Ideas for TR's ES Sniper rifles.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Giggily

The VS could get a long range charge up rifle with no bullet drop.
  2. Pizzasaurus

make them lock-on lol
  3. RogueVindicare

There was a 14 page thread filled with people talking about ideas for the ES Empire Snipers in the Infiltrator forum.

Of course, almost 5 pages of it was a massive E-p33n contest between BloodyPuma and Darkelfdruid...

But there were numerous posts about ACTUAL ideas.
  4. Ronin Oni

That would be so inanely difficult to use having to prep a shot 2 full seconds before you can fire, and then having a 1 second window with which to make sure you can make the shot.

not to mention that means 2-3 seconds out of cloak, not moving, and being prime anti-sniper bait.

and I guarantee that's what VS will get too.
  5. Ronin Oni

yeah, crap like disabling vehicles and other nonsense mostly.
  6. z1967

Reposting my ideas from another thread

Link to thread
  7. CommanderShwan

Just rip off Borderlands and give TR a sniper rifle that has rotating barrels for faster ROF.
    [IMG]

but give it 3 barrels instead of 2.
    • Up x 4
  8. Master

TR ES Sniper Rife:

Faster chamber time for BASR w/ 6-12x scope.

or

BASR w/ large magazine AND faster chamber time w/ 6-12x scope.

or

Allows two shots before rounds need to be chambered (BASR that is better at killing moving targets)

and

OHK @ 300m
  9. OldMaster80

Yep, quit a dumb move since we could for instance have a 3-burst Scout Rifle.

The truth is that in some cases we're running out of possibilities to innovate existing weapons. How many variants of a sniper rifle do they expect to be able to create? I think soon or later they'll have to move to more exotic weapons like the Core Combat stuff of Planetside 1 (the Radiator, for instance).
  10. HadesR

Since TR love it so much ..

Give them lockdown / tripod .. Can only be used while crouched, Removes scope sway

:p
    • Up x 4
  11. z1967

Yes, I don't care if it fires nerf darts I would use this so much.
  12. treeHamster

The NC rifle is a HORRIBLE idea. Headshots on stock MAX's with the top damage BASR already does 20% damage. You take that resistance away and it'd do more than a Decimator and it's REALLY not hard to headshot MAX's already much less the VS MAX which is super easy to get a headshot on.
  13. RogueVindicare

I read 90% of that thread, and didn't see anyone mention things about disabling vehicles.

Well, someone might have brought it up, but no one really took that too seriously.

Unless you meant damaging vehicles, which some people including myself think could be an interesting idea if well balanced.
  14. FieldMarshall

Hi Higby.
    Check out my Twitter for awesome ideas.

You're welcome.
    • Up x 3
  15. honeybaddggger

16. Archiadus

I want them all to have the exact same stats, just different awesome looks that match the empire.
    • Up x 1
  17. Lethal_Sting

That'd be OP as hell! ;)

Hyperion is a corporation though!
    Dahl would be better suited for TR.
  18. Campagne

"@mhigby Dang.. them rebels stole my blueprints.

Perhaps an EMP rifle? Menial infantry damage, but the ability to mess with vehicle systems." - Some guy

"@SixFeetOver_96 that's pretty close to the NC's ES BASR concept, actually!" - Higby

If I'm reading this correctly? Twitter is quite the clusterfeck...

What a useless idea that is. Higher damage to one type of infantry whom are often indoors for even less ammo, longer reload times, even slower rate of fire, with a likely much longer re-chamber time.

Not to mention I'd likely be hard to balance, as it could very easily be UP or OP.

UP - sacrifices multiple traits for a minuscule damage increase on MAX units only, reducing headshots-to-kill by 1~3. (Current value for top tier sniper rifles on full-health MAXes varies around what I believe to be 6~8, depending on distance and armor type)

OP- sacrifices multiple traits for a ludicrously high damage increase on MAX units only, reducing headshots-to-kill by 5~7.

If not at least close to the OP version, there would be absolutely no real reason for anyone to want to use it, let alone spend the inevitable 1000 certs/700SC cost.
  19. RogueVindicare

Quite possibly the worst idea yet.
  20. HadesR

The EMP idea came after Higby had dismissed his anti Max one as being close to NC's concept.