PTS Update 25/01 (Squad Vehicle Spawning, inc. Whales!)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lyravega, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Zapon

YES!

I dont tink it'd be invulnerable, because if it's parked somewhere with engineers on it, it's on the ground like a sundy would be. And nowhere near as durable as 2 repair ams sundies.

if it's in the air and people are spawning- that shouldn't be the problem, because the timers going to be probably slightly longer than a sundy. plus, there's the elephant in the room that gored the whale...

:snicker: galaxies DO NOT SURVIVE OVER enemy BASES.

Unless you're out where a faction doesnt control, you have ESFs - you have MAX FIRE from other bases, you've got the ability for one person to pull their max- plus gal pilot has to keep flying-
    I welcome this idea

This reminds me of warhawk actually, and that system worked.

Wait what, AMS is no longer a utility slot thing?

-- Geez it took them forever to do this. Interesting......

so AMS no longer exists...
  2. CWorth

Yep right on...

And do so every 15 seconds as that is the spawn cooldown timer..which is less than the squad beacon of 5 minutes.And do so right in the faces of defenders regardless of whether it is a no deploy zone.

So Sundys armed with Shield Diffusers rush through the front gates and just start crapping out attackers and the defenders are instantly overwhelmed playing a game of whack a mole. Or head right for the main control point ignoring the shield generators completely.

So basically they dumbed the game down in favor of the attackers to get yet another EZ mode face rolling way of taking a base and defenders get **** on yet again.

SOE make no damn sense...

They nerf squad deploy to prevent attackers spawning inside of a enemy controlled base, they nerf the drop pods for the same reason.

Now they turn around and do this which brings the problem right back again that they were trying to get rid of to begin with. I have to wonder if any of these devs ever play their own damn game or even put any thought into these stupid ideas they come up with.
  3. eldarfalcongravtank

wrong. an AMS lets your WHOLE empire spawn on that sunderer. but only 11 other squadmembers can spawn on your sunderer/galaxy at most.

an AMS needs to be static, while a squad vehicle can still be moving (but if it's moving, it's automatically away from the action) -- sounds like a perfect tradeoff for me. this should have been ingame since the start
  4. Meliorist

I must agree, this is a very very bad idea. The ability to spawn in no deploy zone alone is reason enough not to go through with this.

The only positive side of this is using galaxy as squad spawn. But then I would much prefer they add a galaxy deploy functionality like the sunderer, where the gal then remains stationary and retains altitude by itself, instead. Not giving squads the capability to spawn anywhere on a fast flying vehicle, that's worse than the old squad deploy.

This will pretty much take out the transport out of transport vehicles. There is no point in transporting anyone from point A to B if you can spawn inside it wherever it is. Game needs more transport, not less...
  5. Zapon

The warpgate problem can be solved like this- make it so wherever you're located, you cant spawn in a sundy more than 6 territories away.

there, that was easy
  6. treeHamster

For anyone that says Galaxy's are easy pickings for ESF's have never seen a Gal party with engies sitting on top. Image a Gal at the flight ceiling with max armor and engies on top repairing it. It could almost become invulnerable. The saddest part is that all you'd have to do to get the engies up there is drop them from another Gal that is slightly above the lower one. In other words, you could use one squad to maintain and protect the lower one using HA's with lockons that just /suicide when they need more ammo and redeploy from the higher Gal.

In the end you could almost just create a column of Galaxies in the sky which hold engies and HA's to lockon the ESF's and keep the skies clear. If they wanna go to the ground, they just drop from one galaxy to the next until they're at the bottom one and do a final drop to the base.

This type of thing is just a TERRIBLE idea which is designed to create MASSIVE imbalances in the game.
  7. CrashB111

Thats what I read too.

Well ****, there goes any hope of defending Amp Stations now.

Just roll a GSD Sunderer into the bay, and you have a spawn point inside the shield for your platoon. Why even **** with the generators?
  8. Zapon

that is easily fixed- by re adding the auto-falloff for infantry who land on a vehicle
  9. Zapon

to play devils advocate, is this where mines solve that problem?
  10. CrashB111

Mines are really buggy right now and don't always go off. And on Blockade Armor Sunderers half the time they do go off, they aren't even lethal anymore.
  11. z1967

Actually, that sounds more like a small unit tactic than an imbalance to me. And gives my Banshee actual kills...
  12. AlephZed

What if the only way to spawn on these things is to use squad deploy, which has a 5 minute timer, wouldn't that balance it?
  13. zukhov

I guess there are some restrictions on how this can be used, if not I can think of plenty of cheesy 'tacticz' that this could be used for.
  14. ABATTLEDONKEY

In BF (or at least BF3 and 4) any squad member could spawn on any other squad member, at any time, no matter what. That system, of course, sucks. In BF2 (and I believe BFBC), squad members could only spawn on squad leaders. thT system worked out kind of well, and was one of the only things in the game that truly encouraged teamwork and communication (to a small degree) With this system, a player can only spawn on a squad owned vehicle, while someone is in the vehicle. That means that unlike other systems, from other games, the squad spawning comes from a very large target, and not from a single player who could crouch in a coerner until his squad was re-spawned, making is very easy to wipe a squad off the base if your better than them.

Not everything from BF is a failed mechanic. Not everything similar to BF should be assumed a failure. There are guns in BF, would you *cough* if new guns were introduced into Planetside 2? be more objective. if you dislike a system suggestion, give reasons why instead of just saying :battlefield does it, it must be bad"
  15. EmmettLBrown

Are we still going to be able to deploy the equipment station on the trucks, or are they getting rid of that?
  16. Tuco

1 platoon
    4 squads
    4 repair sundies driving around in a wagon circle spawning 50 players.

LAME

Galaxy spawning

LAME
  17. RHINO_Mk.II

Seems like SOE forgot about beta galaxies making all vehicle combat pointless, fly straight over the point and continually spawn bodies. Even worse, the new galaxy can do it at maximum altitude as long as somebody is flying.
    • Up x 3
  18. Tragachinos

• The Sunderer AMS no longer requires an item to be equipped in order to function. Once the certification is purchased, it is always available. This frees up the Utility slot on the Sunderer for other items.
    Shield Breaker battlebus is now the way to go?
  19. Tragachinos

Its even worse, sunderers have access to shield difussor xD
  20. Ronin Oni

Must be squad owned, and operated by a squad member (driver/pilot seat)

I don't think you can park a Gal and use the wing canon and have it act as a spawn (This may be wrong however, and wouldn't really be that terrible IMO)

However any random Gal just with a squadmate in it will not work. It must be owned (purchased) by a squadmate.