PTS Update 25/01 (Squad Vehicle Spawning, inc. Whales!)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lyravega, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Ronin Oni

So toss ATM's on the friendly side of shields.

The shield makes them almost impossible to see. Free kills.
  2. Ronin Oni

No, a Platoon would need FOUR Galaxies... 1 for each squad.

And I still think it will require driver/pilot seat to be a squadmate... so more likely you'll have 1 Gal per squad, and probably at least 1-2 gunenrs, while acting as a mobile hotdrop spawn for the squad.

Bear in mind as well that you have to wait longer to spawn in sqd vehicles. An AMS will offer faster respawning, and still the only way for faction wide (or even platoon wide) spawning (save for these silly new Amp station cap point spawns. I like everything about the new Amp stations BUT the internal spawn points. Just remove those and voila. Done.)
  3. Tuco

Monotonous and COD random spawning, what an awesome combination of fail.
  4. Peebuddy

Sucks to be the guy who was to wait in sunderer the whole time twiddling his thumbs while the rest of his squad get's to have fun.

Though it's not far off from owning a regular sunderer, I'm usually tethered to the damn thing anyways less some A-hole with C4 gets free certs.
  5. MichaelS

IMO spawning in a none deployed wunderer Happen only in very rare situations.thats when you use shield defused to get to a point. In all other situations a stealth equipped sundered that is deployed offers much more possibilities because the platoon and random scan spawn there.

The gal is a little different, but it pays off much more to drop a spy to hack a terminal and pull a sundered after the initial attack. After battle stabilized havin ppl in the gal is a waste of resources.

Where this really helps is capturing none defended bases.
  6. ScrapyardBob

You're making the mistaken assumption that empires will not setup squads specifically to abuse the new sunderer "join your squad's sundy" logistics. They will setup open squads and just have people join, spawn in, leave the squad non-stop. One sunderer could easily spawn 48+ troops using that method.

The devs HAVE to put some sort of limit on it. Such as you can't spawn to a squad sundy/galaxy until 60 seconds after you have joined the squad. Which would slow it down enough to not be abused.
  7. Jonny

Wow, so much cynicysm it's toxic to read! I'm going to wait and see how it plays but I think it'll be a good thing for squad play and give the galaxy more weight in the battlefield, something that's been needed since beta.
    • Up x 1
  8. DeadliestMoon

This means that people would actually need AA or ESFs to take out those Gals, which means ESFs, would have somewhat of a purpose other than have ego stroking honor duels or rocket podding the crap out of the ground.
    • Up x 1
  9. MrMurdok

I missed spawning a sundy inside a tech plant to fuel the assault.
  10. ncDieseL

We were testing this in a squad last night. One of the guys said one tactic could be to drive a shield diffuser sundy in to an amp station, spawn in alpha squad, then move the owner to bravo, spawn in bravo squad, then charlie, then delta. It's a bit of messing around, but you could use 1 sundy to spawn an entire platoon inside an amp station.

The change to sunderers doesn't seem to problematic at the moment, I haven't seen it used and abused yet. The galaxies though... it was just raining troops last night. I think they think does need some sort of cool down.

1 plus point is organising a galaxy drop is easy now, no more waiting around at the warp gate!
  11. RealityWarrior

I think iut just means you will have to defend the actual point instead of ignoring it until 1 shield is completely down and another is almost down.

If anything I think this will increase the defenders inside to stop gate crash sundies, instead of today where there is noone and 2 or 3 gate crash sundies can already do what you are worried about anyway.
  12. ncDieseL

Played an alert today where a VS platoon drove 1 sundy in to an amp station, they then spawned several more using hacked termionals and used those to spawn their entire platoon in to the amp station.

I think I want to go back on my previous post. The change to galaxies is not really too bad, now that everyone has gotten used to the change. I think on the first night everyone was doing it so it got a little silly. The change to sunderers however, is definitely being abused. The problem is you can spawn an entire platoon in to an amp station without taking the shields down. All you need is 1 shield diffuser sundy with 4 squad leaders and an infiltrator.