Client Hotfix - January 17th, 2014

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Reaper

They just keep showing us how little they test their builds and how much they can screw up
  2. Reaper

all of this can be avoided by throwing them on the test server as a build and announcing a test date, yet they keep pushing garbage to the live servers. this game continually feels cheap and under supported as every patch introduces SLEWS of bugs. stop with the micropatches, do larger builds like you were doing and test them on the ******* test server extensively!
  3. MarkMaximus

It seems to me that there are a lot of people on Connery...crashes everytime I log on.

What to do then?
  4. thegungeon

It's always crashing for me trying to log in on Connery. If I finally am able to log in, the game crashes after about 15 min.

I wish I didn't buy a 3 day boost to go along with the double XP when I can't play. Another reason to cancel membership...
    • Up x 1
  5. MarkMaximus

I had been waiting for the last couple days *since ESF update* to play on my main character. I hope this doesn't hurt my position in my outfit.
  6. Princess Celestia

SOE: Here, have a nice double XP weekend that you will never be able to take advantage of. Enjoy this kick to the nuts.
    • Up x 3
  7. TheScatsbury

Like others have said, the game now crashes when I try logging on to Connery. Wasn't doing that 1.5 hours ago when I last played.
  8. MarkMaximus

Anyone successfully log on to Connery?
  9. PS2RoxMySox

no it keeps crashing after a white screen... rofl
  10. MarkMaximus

Wow, that sucks. I just want to play...thank goodness for wrestling tournaments.
  11. kris1245

We should get extended double xp if Connery is going to keep going down, to reimburse us for the time we are losing.
    • Up x 1
  12. thegungeon

I was able to log on but it crashed within less than five minutes of gameplay.

I was thinking the same thing.
  13. layton

when i go to play the game it says error server client not found is anyone else having this problem
  14. seregloki

Have the same problem when I try to connect to server Miller, crash to desktop. I'm so glad to have used a 3 day EXP boost yesterday.......
  15. JohnSRice

I cannot logon to the launcher at all.
    Installing to a public user is idiotic, why not to the programs directory?

I don't like the public having access to my files.
  16. JohnSRice

The servers can't be full 24 hours a day. That's how long I've trying for 2 days off and on
  17. Theghostwad

I will not be renewing my membership after this weekend.
  18. thestonedtaco

If I didn't know any better, from this forum you would think this is a pretty low quality game from all the complainers. Need I remind anyone that this is still in beta and the quality compared to other fps even on console is way better? Maybe not overloading the servers by constantly logging in would be a good idea. This game does seem to need a lot of maintenance with the huge continuous map, explosions everywhere, and constant 24/7 warfare. COD is nowhere in comparison anymore and Battlefield has been outdone by a game still in beta that is completely free without hindering your progress. All these comments about people unsubscribing because there are problems is kinda stupid and pointless. By subscribing you are supporting the staff and keeping the game going. That just p!ssed me off. Rant over.
  19. silentwisher

This exactly. They are trying. This is a great game and it always has been sense the original Planetside. So to the people complaining, get over yourself and get useful feedback on issues.
  20. Ronin Oni

technically they "released" Planetside 2 already a year ago...

That said it's still definitely unfinished. When Continental Lattice and resource revamp are done I'll consider it more "ready"

Issues today though are definitely due to Server Pops... too many people want dem XPees