Server Issues - January 17th, 2014

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Hajj Podge

But..but but I need to play vidya gaemz now man! NOW! I can't stand (literally) this torment of downtime anymore. It's inhumane!
    • Up x 1
  2. qiunn

I would give you 40fps of my 140 if I could.
    • Up x 1
  3. WiTcHd0kT0R

Here's a tip. In my world of IT we never do updates on systems on a Friday and never right before an event. The suggestion is to do it M - Th and leave it alone on the weekend when most people play. I would hope those of us that play on Connery get additional double XP time for the time we lost. It's only fair.
    • Up x 1
  4. qiunn

hajjpodge, I smoked you on the tech plant balcony 3 nights ago. It was very odd, normaly I have a sliver of health when I catch you from behind let alone face to face, to walk away with nothing off my health, crazy, you sick or something this week?
  5. Batmankicks

There's no hiding my disappointment I looked forward to playing this weekend but I see its time to invest in other games. I'll come back to planetside when it's actually finished
  6. qiunn

sony, you guys might want to take this serious, star citizens not mucking around. them dudes are serious.
    • Up x 1
  7. RobotCriminal

Hour 1. The men gather in the sanctuary of the warpgate to discuss the next plan of action. Without the players they find themselves helpless, unable to even move or to fire their weapons, yet they remain dedicated to the cause. The "lag" will not stop them. The "lag" will not cause them to falter in their convictions they declare, as they arm themselves with weapons that they are not even sure they understand how to aim.

Surely the overlords will return soon, to aid them in their struggle against the hostile faction. It can only be a matter of time.
    • Up x 1
  8. Cushstriker

Please show us that you have the talent and resources to F*ing handle it. And then, make it right with the people on the servers that have been down for so long. If Connery comes up in the next 3 hours I will be shocked, but i'm hoping....
  9. BloodyG

3 days boost is running... let's hope it runs later how it should and
    pls stop doing this stuff when the alerts are running that is not really professional.
  10. Wizard0fOz

Is Connery going to be getting back a whole day of double XP or just the amount of time that the server was offline?
  11. WiTcHd0kT0R

I think it would only be right to extend double xp for the time they are down. An extra day would be nice but the time alone is satisfactory.
  12. BobSanders123

Connery..... My baby.... Poor connery.... WHYYYYYYYYYY
  13. OgreMarkX

Hahaha it's ok Lewk, you'd get me even if I had a better connection/system. But ya, my connection isn't great (Montana) and my system is lame (my own decision). I could buy a high end system, but I save my cash like a miser so every few years I can take long leaves of absence to backpack and travel. Saving up for a long trek starting in August...huge circle around the US and Canada by foot and bicycle.

So it's a trade off.

I am actually surprised I can run PS2 on my off the shelf HP, AMD Phenom Quad Core X4 925, Radeon 6400 Vid card and 16 gig ram.

But such low FPS does put me at a disadvantage, which is why I play support engy a lot, keep the maxes up and running, giving out ammo, guarding gens and such, still a heckuva lotta fun.
  14. Tanchester

I notice that the kills didn't count in the kill count. My friend and I were just ramming the c**p out of some poor NC blokes, and when Miller crashed and got back up for a couple of minutes I noticed all of our kills didn't count.

Now, I really hope this will get sorted out, get the kills and exp as well, right?

If I've killed some NC guy from this thread I am honestly not sorry, you deserved it, what were you thinking pushing us to our warpgate? :p
  15. Xervous

I personally hate how SOE is handing out 2x XP events to compensate for extended server downtime. On Connery, this just means the game will become even more crowded with dozens of players being shunted to the VR if they can even log in at all. For those people, the 2x XP event might just as well be an extended extended server downtime.
  16. CalTech

My wife is out of town until tomorrow evening and all I had hoped for was to get piss drunk and play Planetside 2. Now Im forced to study for this mid-term exam that needs to be taken tomorrow morning...

And this is the world we live in...
    • Up x 1
  17. Taskforce

Hajj Podge must have been afk at the time, you never catch the Hajj off guard

-GraveNC
  18. innersphere1

Ok i just decided to go try hornets on mattherson and i got disconnected... XD
    You really dont want me play this game anymore
  19. Styrkr

The server lag is back.... please fix that too so my 32ms ping actually means something (ode to getting hit for an extra 2 seconds after leaving the LoF).
  20. ScrapyardBob

These issues started on Tuesday.