Not a single outfit that really "stands out" on Cobalt

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by Kociboss, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Bvenged

I know, but reputation matters to me. If there's any misconceptions about us I'd like to find out why and correct whatever causes that view.
  2. RIctavius

Never eard of ya lot , sonny jim :p
    • Up x 1
  3. Bvenged

Aye, that's fine. I was originall quoting the first person who implied we were like "FOOL", whoever they are.
  4. RIctavius

I think no one is like FOOL - they're.... special?
  5. Ribero

I'd say WASP are like Recursion, if anyone.

Then again, I don't know anything about either of those outfits, so I'm not sure why I think that.
  6. Kociboss

WASP isn't like FOOL in my eyes.

FOOL = Farmers. Mostly lib/esf + magriders. From time to time I see choon2 as LA, dropping C4 in BioLab into the clusters of semi-spawncamped infantry but that's it.

WASP = Organized ops outfit. At least it used to be that way when I was still active on Miller and when I used to be a member.

Two, completely different gameplay styles.
    • Up x 1
  7. Bvenged

Ye, we still are to this day. Very active and going strong, good relations with other good outfits too.

Anyway, sorry to derail thread. Was confused why we were being mentioned several times in the first few posts when we're not entirely in the same playstyle as the other named "elitist?" outfits.
  8. Paulus

The only thing I know for sure about WASP is that you tried really hard to make the acronym work after you decided to call yourselves WASP. The main reason anyone knows any of the others mentioned in OPs post is because they've been around since PS1, with most of them forging their reputations back in those days, and so are almost considered part of the history of the game. Of course the fact any of these outfits are known still means they're doing something right, certainly none are being mocked as far as I know
  9. jaktrobot

Only good outfit on Cobalt is Trident atm. The rest is just dire.
    • Up x 1
  10. TheFramptonator

Oh right TRID, well i disagree. They maybe game changers but thats more due to their size. From the TR point of view all they seem to do is Gal drops, if they fail, then the Magrider spam begins. Bio lab alerts seem to be their strength, and they are good at CQC but at the end of the day when you fight them it seems like a zergfit.
  11. jaktrobot

From a Nc point of view they are the best outfit and own jesters badly with even numbers or less.

I remeber a battle last weak where nc did attack and had 70% and still Tridant hold jester+ the whole zerg back on a undefendable point @ amerish and then they won the whole alert for vs. Also if u check maps during alerts everyone is attacking vs, all major battles are against vs and they are the lowest pop aswell.

The nc pop is getting ridiculous after patch, its not good for the server.
    • Up x 1
  12. Kociboss

You mean ridiculously high?
  13. X3Theta

TRID is, of course, a quite public team open for everyone. It is not an exclusive bunch of skilled players. TRID's purpose on Cobalt (IMHO) is to organize the randoms, and AFAIK they are the biggest outfit on Cobalt. I remember specifically one platoon leader called slightj**** who IMHO stands out by being calm, determined, and leading a lot of alerts -- though not as much lately. He would probably make a great speaker on the radio :). Only thing they are starting to mess up is by introducing Mumble squads, ie. to introduce really unnecessary technological "barriers", in other words: concentrating on irrelevant stuff that makes things worse because external programs cannot mute in-game sound when there is an announcement....
  14. Parz1va1

As a current Trident member I'd have to agree that the shift to mumble is frustrating. On the flip side we have some great commanders and when there is an active Trident platoon running with a solid lead you can bet we do a lot more damage than just throwing numbers at the wall. Squads will be split to objectives (sometimes specific ops like air / armor etc).

We do love a Gal drop but they can be useful when properly loaded with MAX / Engi / Meds. By no means are we a small special ops outfit but as a large, open group I think we do very well at organising our people and fighting with objectives across all three continents. I think tagging us, and I'm not pointing the finger at anyone here, as a zergfit is not accurate. We're just big :)

tl:dr - I enjoy playing Trident - we have good leads and when they are active the rabble turns into a tactical outfit. We are not a Zergfit.

Peace x
    • Up x 1
  15. Kinan Eldari

Phantom Company on VS and the Reapers on NC also make a difference when they come in. At least from what I can notice. Beyond Chimera, all we got on TR these days is RSG who do a decent job.
    • Up x 1
  16. RIctavius

RSG* XP
  17. Kinan Eldari

Yes, Sorry. Was getting late and I had had a long day.
  18. PastalavistaBB

Why did nobody mention the "xXxMLGPROFARMERxXx" BLNG?
  19. Kociboss

They focus more on farming/1v1 ESF duels on PTS rather than changing the pace of battle, hence the lack of honorary mention. I guess.

Plus they play between VS and TR on the same server so the impact is floating.
  20. SoliderRusH

We need to get the Zerg fixed on Cobalt especially on the TR side...the few active teams are getting very often overrun because most of the TR is not together in outfits or even squads/platoons

you mentioned BWC and TE in your first posts...you need to know that most of the outfit o Cobalt started with PS2, while BWC and TE have big communitys and are around since years. So they have a much better organisation.

But I would say that we have good teams on all sides on Cobalt from small to big..the only thing which is really destroying good outfit action are the zergs

I notice that on every bigger BL fight..when we attack and it is a 2 Platoons vs. 2 Platoons and RiMG is one of these Platoons that I can not count on the others..they are not playing together and starting to camp and the teleporters as soon as the first attackrun for the gen or the points didnt worked. Also it destroys to do the redelpoy runs to safe bases..I leave one linie and can dircetly go back because friendlies follow friendls so when they die at our last base the look there the TR has changed the fight back to winning and boom we have a zerg around us and the other linie is getting recapt..happens everytime...

I hope to see some primetime alerts back..they happen quite less currently 1 end at the peak time of the server and the other one starts when the peak time ends. We had some really since battles back in the days were the TR outfits were a bit more active.

But to really see how outfits doing and if they stand out (at least for their faction) you need to really run with them.