Two C4 doesn't kill an MBT anymore?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SLiCKRiCK, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Snowfake

Two nerfs to C4 but it still has the same cost. I probably have more C4 kills than anyone else in this game but I also drive a prowler also and if I got C4ed I would always be my own fault. Tanks are for open fields not spamming spawn room shields.

Saying that the c4 nerf dose not bother me too much, what bothers me is never being able to have one to use and now I have to spend 200 resources to make an MBT smoke... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighto
  2. Atralis

The main argument in favor of C4 being able to kill a tank is that it has only one or two guys operating it. I get that it has a pretty high cost, but that doesn't mean that you should be able to play the game like you are the hero in a single player game.
  3. Yaj

2 C4's not instagibbing a bad driver/team/camper is stupid. End of story. What the hell were the devs thinking?
  4. NC_agent00kevin

I just put two on top of a Lightning and it didnt even make it smoke...
  5. EliteEskimo

MBT's have gotten several nerfs after their cost went up in price almost double 250-450. Also which tanker in the thread is arguing tanks should be spamming spawn room shields, can you quote them for me please or is this a strawman argument? In addition if tanks are meant for open field combat why did infantry get a buff for their lock on launchers to have quicker lock on times? So many questions left unanswered.
    • Up x 3
  6. nubery

Im fine with this change. Infantry have so many other means of murdering armor... it won't affect my gameplay at all. In a tank or not.
    • Up x 1
  7. f0d

i would also like to know what person in this thread mentions spamming spawn rooms

personally i wish i diddnt have to shoot at a single infantry and it was more vehicle vs vehicle combat like it was in PS1 but the more they keep buffing infantry and nerfing tanks the more i have to shoot infantry IN THE OPEN (not at spawn room shields) because infantry are more of a threat than any other vehicle is

if infantry wasnt so powerful i would just be hunting other vehicles
    • Up x 3
  8. Liquid23

I swear it's like a lot of tankers think just because they payed some resources they should be guaranteed kills/xp and impunity from their idiotic actions or that lone LAs are flying around blowing up every tank in sight with impunity

when you spend those resources you are buying the potential to earn that XP/kills and nothing more... if you choose to waste that potential by acting like an ****** or driving around unsupported playing solo hero than you are going to have some jackhole LA or pretty much any other class or vehicle, also playing solo hero, come by and maybe take you out... that's your fault and it sucks to be you
    • Up x 2
  9. grazr

It wasn't a case of playing well, i wasn't with any friends, i just logged in, shot down a couple scythes at the crown, got shot down by 2 lockons (That's new to me), spawned in this hex nearby and saw a Magrider circling strafing a spawn farming infantry.

I suppose the most offencive thing was i was being killed from over 5m away from splash by a non-AI tank weapon with level 4 Flak. At least that's how it appeared since my body would be well outside the splash decal.

Eventually someone pulled a sunderer with blockade armour (no idea what level) only for it to get destroyed despite the fact there was a limited firing line on it and was being healed by 2 engi's, defended by 3 HA including myself and sported 2 gunners in the bassie seats. Was a real wtf moment for me. Not used to an MBT popping right around the corner to heal 40m away behind a rock and not have to worry about being C4'd or shot by infantry AV. Suddenly you can be careless and greedy as an MBT pilot and there's really no consequence.

Bad drivers now have this system which doesn't punish them for bad tactical choices unless in massive fights because players simply can't put the DPS on them.

It's not a case of the players weren't playing well because they were clearly getting hits on the tank. It just seemed silly that the only way to kill the tank was to pull another one of our own even though there was 7 of us, 5 with AV.
  10. deggy

There are no non-AI tank weapons with splash radius of 5m.
    • Up x 2
  11. Kanil

Not equivalent. Tanks can track, hit, and kill strafing infantry. Infantry cannot run 50+kph to keep pace with a tank to utilize the melee weapon that is C4. As soon as you start moving, there is literally nothing we can do to C4 you, beyond hoping you turn around and drive back towards us.

I suppose we have at least some common ground, though...
  12. grazr

wat.
    • Up x 1
  13. Slandebande

We (prowlers) need to hit you twice though, and as soon as someone gets hit by a tank shell, they will start evasive maneuvers and duck behind cover, rendering them impossible to kill. That is what I meant by A and D saves you. If you let yourself get hit twice by a tank shell you deserve to die. Having some random LA jump off a cliff 100m above you to C4 you with no risk has nothing to do with what I deserve, as even if I use Radar it won't spot him, and even the AA guns most likely won't have an angle to spot him even if they look straight up. If you want to me avoid cliffs, then you are telling me to avoid tanking in the south east canyons on Indar all together (which is silly) :p
    C4 can also be used in other ways than directly placing it on the tank, but that's another story I guess. I would at least like some directional care being added to consideration where you are placing the C4, like destroys the tank on the rear/sides but not on top/front or something like that. Currently it is very easy, and as I said, I do it as a HA just for the sport in it, it is no fun as a LA, it's simply too easy.
    • Up x 1
  14. lothbrook

The lock on changes have basically made C4 obsolete anyways, pick up a lock on launcher, point at tank, near instant lock on, FIRE, rinse, repeat for 0 resources, if SOE wasn't stupid in the first place and allowed every class to solo a tank this thread wouldn't exist.
    • Up x 2
  15. Trooper4211

If tank drivers could freely move the camera at any angle, I would agree with the "only drivers who lack situation awareness die to C4" bulls**t. Tanks have pretty big blind spots even in 3rd person view, and light assault can exploit those better than any other class and this nerf should have come months ago, but I guess it's better late than never.
  16. Kaon1311

So it now takes two Light assault with 2 C4 (each) + total 400/360 resource, and a respawn timer of between 0 and 15 seconds. To kill a 2 man 450/405 resource vehicle with a respawn timer of between 5 and 15? (oops forgot) minutes.

Sounds fair.
  17. Liquid23

it's like you lack basic reading comprehension...
  18. RemusVentanus

i remember that time at Allatum Botany Wing at the slope going down to Snake Ravine Lookout. My gunner and i (in an AP/halbert prowler) were about to join the defence there. as we made it to where the ammo tower is we had 2 magrider coming from the bridge in our direction, time to drive backwards...
    suddenly there comes an medic running from behind the ammo tower at us, i unfortunately miss both shots because of the bumpy road and my gunner was still reloading from shooting at the mags as i yell at him about the medic. i couldn't even get forward fast enough to get out of throwing range of his C4. moments like that make me wanna cause physical pain.

also nice is chasing an enemy vehicle and having to flee in panic because there is suddenly a medic/whateverinfantryguy with a remote running at you from that close by tree. SOE should just throw C4 out of the game and refund everyone the used certs.
  19. Divinorium

It's not lack of comprehension.

When you say a LA or other class playing the solo hero. You forget that infantry CAN do it. Why? he dies and get revived with 0 cost.

Now the tank can't do it. Hell he can't even play right now because of the amount of AV there's in the game. YET he need to always be aware of the LA solo hero.

And you almost make it looks like is hard to C4 a tank in this game. MAN even a AMS sund is rather easy to C4, even with waves and waves of infantry coming out of it.

Even without C4 the moment a tank come too close he gets focused by rocket and don't have where to retreat.
  20. Liquid23

you just want your tank to be a safety blanket to cover your daftness because you think blowing a few (meaningless) resources on it means you deserve that... you don't...

complain about AV turrets or something fine... I can kind of see an argument their because of their massive range... complain that if your stupid enough a soldier can run right up and place explosives ON YOUR *** to kill you? nope... I'm just gonna keep laughing at you DATs every time it happens