Two C4 doesn't kill an MBT anymore?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SLiCKRiCK, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Latrodectus

Placing C4 on the rear of a tank should still kill it. I'm ok with a Light Assault not being able to hover above a tank and drop C4 and score an easy kill, but if some one actually gets up on a tank's rear, and takes the time to plant the C4 directly on its backside, that should definitely still kill it. Tanks should work WITH infantry support, and part of that reason is to take care of threats like this.
    • Up x 2
  2. Hatesphere

So its ******** but it doesn't kill you often, its just so bull **** that once and a while someone gets to stop your tank by using the terrain against you and slapping it on your ***? if you manage to kill them in the act they lose the C4, if you dont you let them pretty much sit next to you for 5 seconds planting the two bricks. if you kill them before they plant and they keep comming at you that just free certs, maybe try moving your tank. if you are getting to the point where there are enough medics to keep rezing someone so they can C4 you, then you are in too deep.
  3. Liquid23

meh I can still jump from my ESF, drifter jets on, drop C4 then top it off with a round from my UBGL...
  4. BloodMonarch

This is just total nonsense...basically your only argument for why its ok for C4 to effectively OHK a tank, is that you can only do it 'sometimes'. How about if the harasser could only 'sometimes' appear in its pre nerf form or the ZOE....would that be ok too? Just because you can only do it sometimes doesn't mean that a OHK on a tank is ok! Y'know we're talking a main battle tank here...not some light armoured vehicle. A main battle tank that already has so many counters to it on the battlefield.
  5. Hatesphere

I know what we are talking about, and C4 is the least of a MBTs worries. It only really seems to kill the bad and the unlucky tankers. its nonsense that you think a MBT should be able to just shrug it off and roll away to repair and then come right back to stupidly sit next to the same bolder or ammo tower to farm.
  6. jiggu

Seems like they hotfixed it. I jumped on my TR and put two sticks on my prowler, it died. I tried the same with the front of a lightning, it died.
  7. Kanil

Well, most people do just use tanks in the former fashion, farming infantry for easy kills... 'course tanks don't really have a role beyond that, thanks to heavy assault, so I have some sympathy for you there. Tank-Infantry relations will remain strained so long as the best AI class is also the best AV class.

However, I really think it's absurd for to tankers whine about C4. It's rendered completely ineffective by the usage of either your W or D key, and even if the tanker chooses not to utilize this ability, then the attacker still has to approach the tank, and stand next to it for several seconds while hoping nobody shoots them. Stick to whining about MANA AV, or Harassers, or Lock-Ons... (or anything else that ever kills you.)
  8. BloodMonarch

The only nonsense is that a lone infantry can OHK a main battle tank. Why is it ok for a tank to 'shrug off' 3-4 AP shells from another tank and still drive away, yet it shouldn't be able to 'shrug off' some C4 dropped out of the sky by some flying infantry?

Why is it that infantry have 'got' to be able to kill a tank instantly in some situations......tell me.....why??? And when you answer, take into account the amount of other AT weapons available to infantry and the AT capabilities of air!!!
  9. ArcKnight

for the kids who don't have any awareness use proximity radar
  10. Thrustin

Can anyone confirm? I hope this is true, my poor C4 :(
  11. skyN3T

That won't help for them either. No awareness = tunnel vision & not watching the minimap at all. So yeah.
    I love them zergs best who clump up in spaces and roads so they can't even "maneuver" (read:move at least 5 meters). All shooting in the same one direction, all lacking imagination of positioning. Easy pickings for those who know what to do with them. Talking not only c4 fairies here. Last time I was on (b4 update) there was a siege (from gravel pass inbound to zurvan) where 2 competent magriders r@p3d like 10+ oblivious zerg prowlers (and sundies and infantry). All clumped up below the pipes, on the road not even trying to push in further, get on the higher ground or anything. Literally within spitting range of each other mandatory on the road... I felt ashamed just to be Terran that day, and did g-t-f-o with my Skyguard from there, right before the last tank was obliterated. Zergfits ruin the game.
  12. FateJH

How does bringing a (heavy) tank to the verge of destruction not count as punishing it for poor situational awareness?
  13. Shockwave44

If you and your gunner are too lazy to look around for anyone approaching your tank, then you deserve to get blown up. It really is that simple. I think I've only been killed by C4 once since the game has been out and I drive the MBT a lot. I don't know why you find it so difficult to... look.

Also, if someone did C4 me, I'd know it was my fault for being in a stupid area or staying in the same place for too long. The only difference between you and me is I don't repeat the same mistake twice.

I didn't realize you spent 700 certs to purchase your tank...

You don't have to spend one cert on your tank to pull it so you can stop bringing that up.

I also don't understand why you think just because you spent more resources that automatically means you should be immune to something that costs less resources. By that crazy rational, MAXes shouldn't be killed by infantry because you don't need resources to spawn infantry. In fact, 2 sticks of C4 shouldn't even kill MAXes because it costs more resources to spawn a MAX. :confused:
  14. BloodMonarch

And I'd settle for that.....having to place it in specific locations would be fine...it worked ok in ww2online. What I don't like is LA sitting in trees just waiting for the right moment to drift over a tank, or dropping off the top of a cliff, or out of a galaxy...just to throw down a couple of bricks while in mid air and press a button
  15. Slandebande

I wouldn't have too much of an issue if it only set the tank on fire (with perhaps 2-5 seconds left until exploding) giving a couple of seconds for the crew to start repairs, and allowing the enemy C4'er some time to kill the crew and still finish off the tank. Alternatively they can plant the C4 on the rear and wait for it to take damage (not terribly difficult) or they can fire down an UBGL and finish off the tank. I'm also a fan of directionally placed C4-varied effects. Like it shouldn't destroy a MBT if placed on the front at least, and perhaps not top armor, but if placed on the rear they should die of course.

So for you to have a negative opinion about something, and expressing said opinion here, you must be bad? That makes sense, or :eek:

It's not much of an issue for me either unless I mess up, does that still mean one cannot have an opinion on it? I find it waaaay too easy to C4 inexperienced tank drivers compared to killing them with anything else. Most people can back into cover when taking fire, most people cannot be aware 100% of the time (and they will most likely not have a Radar on). In fact, I do it as a HA at almost all times, and if I see two tanks, one with a crew I recognize and one with a single random in it, I will run the extra risks and go for the experienced one, because the other one is a free kill and no challenge.

I do this has a HA, since it is too easy to do it as LA. I find it more of a sport doing it as HA, and on the plus side, sometimes I get to finish and second tank with a rear dumbfire.

No, I sneak up on the experienced crews on Miller quite a bit. If they don't equip a Radar or have very attentive allies, I will get them (and that is as a HA, it's even easier as LA).

I actually found Harassers to be easy pickings for my MBT as long as it was manned 2/2. Lock-ons are similarly quite easy to avoid in a MBT. The only problem with MANA-AV turrets I sincerely have, is their ability to shoot while they aren't rendered.
    I really think it's absurd for infantry players to whine about tanks 1-shotting them. It's rendered completely ineffective by the usage of either your A or D key, and even if the infantry chooses not to utilize this ability, then the tanker still has to hit the infantry man spot on (which won't even kill them anymore unless it's from the Mag/VG main guns). Stick to whining about ZOE MAX, Scat/Hack MAX, or UBGLs (or anything else that ever kills you).

Because it is so easy to look straight up into the air. If you are in the south eastern canyons of Indar, you can choose between being at the bottom of the canyons and free food for anyone with C4, or you can be on the cliffs making it super easy for any enemy aircraft there to come pluck your rear. Before you say, "Be aware!": We have quite a few Stealth pilots on Miller that love to sneak behind enemy lines doing it, using the canyons to stay out of visibility.

I didn't realize my 20k (at least, per loadout) tank costing 450 resources got taken out by 200 resources you only spent 700 certs to unlock. Aww, so terrible you had to spend 700 certs!

Indeed, the galaxy C4 drops have become quite popular on Miller, I've seen it quite a bit recently at least. Makes for some interesting situations :p
  16. ShumaKun

You are too biased, this make your posts to have zero value to most people here.
    Just look at your stats, how can you say this game is infantryside when you dont have experience in playing infantry.
  17. CL4p2p

Confirm, Just tested it with a LightTank , one C4 at the rear still does 90% damage (so C4 + one rocket = kill). I bet it is the same on a HeavyTank.

OP said bulls##t or it was Fixed.

Also, nice new C4 look haha, Now this will be litteral when I say to a teen CoD TR " Here your present "
  18. chrollo

i pull my vanguard quite a bit and the only time i have lost it to c4 was when i was alt tabbed; however, there is nothing more rewarding than pulling a reaver going to full height above a battle, and then jumping out with drifter jet and floating down on to a group of enemy tanks with c-4 ready to go. I have killed a lot of tanks doing this, but I've never changed the outcome of a battle. Now if i could one hit kill a sundy that may be different. One tank that is just sitting back farming people who pop their heads out does not have an effect on the real battle.
  19. Shockwave44

It's a team game. Start making some friends or don't, I could care less. However, they shouldn't design the game around lonewolf tankers who take the obvious routes and have zero peripheral vision. I also don't know why you are bringing ESFs into this. It just sounds like you're not a very good tanker and want everything EZ mode.

Again, you chose to put those certs into the tank, no one forced you to. Which is funny because even with all those certs, you still get taken out by C4. Certs don't buy skill.
  20. Fireflower_Dancer

i dropped 2 c4 on lightning 28% damage, Soe your killing ps2 the way you did SWG, Put my C$ back or refund all my cert on light assault!!! I thought the Christmas present thing was soo cute, until i found out how worthless it is to try and blow up a tank. Its ok you can let the tr striker the vs to death, i'll go play swtor till you fix it maybe bio ware cane use this girls$$$$