Balance Pass Post 2: Nanoweave and Related Features

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joshua, Nov 11, 2013.

1. whitupiggu

But how are they supposed to pad their KDR if they cant sit just inside render distance waiting for someone to stand still for half a second?
  2. JesNC

I made a simlpe distance/aim adjustment scale for the Bolt Driver (tier 1 BASR) the other day, and anything up to 150m required no adjustment at all. Drop only really started to show at 200m+.

I have the feeling this is going to take away a lot from one of my favourite activities in ps2, because:
    a) It makes sniping with BASRs extremely easy <150m because OHKs require no adjustment on any rifle.
    b) It makes sniping with BASRs utterly pointless >150m because even if you adjust for a headshot at 300m you won't get the kill.

This change will make SASRs rule supreme.
    • Up x 1
  3. FrontTowardEnemy

This change makes damage threshholds meaningless, as it puts a solid cap on OHKs. It also negates the advantage of high magnification scopes.

The decision tree: can I OHK out to 150m? No: don't use weapon. Yes: use weapon, stick to 150m or less.
  4. Hrafnagaldr

Ok lets see. Snipers crying. As always. Infiltrators sitting at ranges above 150m dont influence battles in an important way anyway. It is just KD padding (I'm doing this myself from time to time, but sniping at such ranges doesnt help my squad in any way).

I like the changes so far. It will be a buff for the battle rifles and slow-firing, hard-hitting LMGs like my beloved Ursa or the NC Gauss SAW (if you can aim for the head).

Let's see how it turns out in the end.
    • Up x 2
  5. Villanuk

Same here, this is a fundamental change of game play, not a weapon nerf . I think all persons who brought bolt actions should be issued a refund.
    • Up x 1
  6. gloowa

Great. So now, the only reason to use NW (stop stupid OHK snipers) goes out the window. Good job. Why don't you release pump action for infils why you are at it, game sorely needs more lowskill annoyance.
    • Up x 2
  7. Kociboss

This.
  8. TheBloodEagle

9. Zazulio

These are all great changes that I am stoked to see being implemented, but please don't forget about the Flash!
    I really hope to see a post detailing some extensive overhauls to its current capabilities, since you're already going through and fixing the major issues that the rest of the community has been concerned about! You good folks on the Dev Team haven't said word one about it yet, which is a bit disheartening!
  10. Bill Hicks

How are you addressing the fact that nanoweave disproportionately affects NC weapons esp the slow 200 damage ones?
  11. Zazulio

How? It's a percentage based resistance, so surely it would have the same effect on all small arms, regardless of fire rate?
  12. Bill Hicks

Why should people have to sacrifice so much to stop some sniper on some mountain one shotting them. Skill? Nobody likes to be one shot but a hard to find, highly mobile invisible sniper. This is why there is no mobile artillery. Yes it would be skillful if you had to coordinate with a squad to use it. But it would quickly be a spam tool, and everyone would leave.
  13. Bill Hicks

NC weapons are already punished by netcode and the fact that if our weapons miss once ( due to netcode) we lose alot of dps.
    Other factions can easily get headshots. While we have to fight recoil just to land one headshot.

There are better players who can explain it. But that's my take.
  14. FocusLight

What are you talking about? If NWA adds a resist bonus after this pass and not just a basic HP bonus then, along with Resist Shield, you can likely take more damage now than before.

Regardless, someone should crunch the numbers before people start dooms-day preaching.
  15. FocusLight

I have had no issue shooting people in the head with NC bolt actions, and with the power of the average NC gun I honestly don't see the issue you raise - NWA don't resist head-shots anymore because you don't get a flat HP buff - so if anything this makes things easier for you. The resist to bullets anywhere else should also be comparable to the flat HP buff it was before so if anything, I don't see body-shots to change at all from today, while head-shots just became so much more powerful.
  16. MurderBunneh

After this if a sub/infil gets behind you and isn't absolutely terrible they will kill you every time. Can't wait.
    • Up x 1
  17. Zazulio

If an infiltrator sneaks up close behind you, then they've already earned the kill, soooOOOooOoo...
  18. MurderBunneh

Ya because it's hard to flank in this game..when you are near invisible.
    "If I get my opener and don't trip over myself I should auto win". Says every stealth class player ever.
    • Up x 2
  19. Niller

Cert refund? HOLY ****!!!! YES!
    • Up x 2
  20. Zazulio

NEAR invisible is the key phrase there. At least on medium settings, I have no major issue spotting a moving infiltrator. That shimmer is pretty telling if you're actually paying attention. Quit tunnel-vision zerging, listen to your environment, and take a look around every once in a while, and that shimmering infiltrator is suddenly a lot less scary.
    • Up x 1