OMFG:PU01 - Status Update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by codeForge, Nov 5, 2013.

1. MaCritz

[IMG]
  2. Prudentia

as far as i know SOE usually does the patches during EU primetime, so you don't have to worry :) the worldwide biggest server however has too...
  3. blueangleofdeath

I think once this hits live then the real testing will begin. So many people are sorry to say this but they are foolishly playing on live more then PTS. So many complain about performance but yet don't want to help test the better version of the game. What's wrong with you people out there?
  4. Rockit

Can't cert farm on PTS. Need a bigger carrot to interest folks into participating. Maybe something like a PTS participation hat pack?
    • Up x 1
  5. Scan

As a customer it's not my job to help them make a good game.

It's their job to deliver a good game, and if I like it, I'll keep playing it and pay for it.
    It's sounding like they are placing part of the blame for another delay in our shoes (the customers), because we don't play on the PTS.

This is ..... outrageous... if they want me to test stuff to improve their product, I'd consider that to be work and work needs to be financially compensated.

Or as the guy above said, compensated in some sort of form that I can use in the main game.
    • Up x 1
  6. r1stormrider

While I can agree its their job to give us a good game, such an attitude doesnt help the cause in having us play an optomized game. Ill also say the PTS while voluntary does need players to get on there so SOE can get more data. If you think playing a game on a server where it runs better and its still fun is WORK...I shudder to think.
  7. blueangleofdeath

They have compensated us for our efforts. A company stands behind a product but only half of that comes from it's buyers or gamers in this case. If you can't support them to make the product you support better then that really shows us what you think it. Nobody is blaming anybody for anything. My point is the more people on PTS the better the outcome will be for everybody.
  8. whitupiggu

Funny they practically beg people to get on the PTS yet provide no link to download it in any of their posts.
  9. blueangleofdeath

10. DrStrangeLug

I downloaded the test server setup last night, and found it down, then had a look this morning. It was nice and smooth, but very empty. Is it always down during EU prime time or was I just unlucky?

I have a suggestion as well : Why not advertise the test server with a link on the launcher - "New update is coming ! Click here to install and test and we'll give you a free boost."
    • Up x 2
  11. Aldaris

Or, maybe, just maybe, people will use their eyes and see there's a test server sub forum. Just a thought.
  12. whitupiggu

SOE employee 1 : "Hey we need people to test the update on the PTS. Lets ask people to download it."
    SOE employee 2 : "Should we include a link to make it easy to find?"
    SOE employee 1 : "**** that they can google it."

If they can't be bothered to make it easy for me to find when asking me to do it I cant be bothered to google it.
  13. blueangleofdeath

I didn't mind looking for it for you. It took me two seconds to get the link for you. I do agree that they could have it in a better place instead of at the bottom of a post with it not being in the title. Glad you can start downloading it though :)
  14. Aldaris

How much easier can it be than a forum dedicated to it? It's not rocket science, nor do you need to google it. People have their hand held too much.
    • Up x 1
  15. blueangleofdeath

here I made it super easy to find. I added it to my signature. :p Who cares if somebody had to ask for it.
  16. whitupiggu

How about you take a look at that section and tell me again that the link is easy to find.
    • Up x 1
  17. Sandpants

Might as well just release it.

Auto-test on live.
    • Up x 2
  18. FocusLight

"I want you to make this game better damn it, it's not acceptable as is!"
    "Okay then, kindly log on the Public Test Server and help us stress-test this fix."
    "You forgot a DL link for me, I can't be bothered to search, so I won't help you test."
    "..."

You just signed away any and all right to complain about any imperfections in the update when it hits live servers. Good Going.
    • Up x 2
  19. whitupiggu

It should be QAs job and not the players to find bugs.
  20. Rockit

By far, most players don't visit these forums and never spend a dime on the game. It's these players you need to bait into PTS by doing in-game global broadcasts of such events with rewards attached for participating for X amount of time. Oh and yes make the link to the PTS client more visible. I have had to dig for and forward it to a few people myself.