OMFG:PU01 - Status Update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by codeForge, Nov 5, 2013.

1. RIctavius

As much I was hoping for today, after reading feedback on the PTS forum, its understandable to keep polishing for a few more days. Though to those who are ******** about SOE not keeping to a deadline, **** you. No really **** you. You blarg that you want more content, but the addition of experimental data was slowing the game down, then you whined and hollered about for so long. We have been waiting since September patiently and quietly (excepting when yelling to Vanu about exploits.) but you still ***** that they LISTENED TO THE ******* PLAYER TESTERS who said 'HOLD ON, there are still some issues to address' BUT yet you still ***** AND MOAN. I can be angry at SOE , everyone has the right, but to get pissed that they delayed the ESTIMATED date for further work and improvement , just - shut down your computer and stand in the corner please.
    • Up x 1
  2. treeHamster

Could be because I know he's using BI's engine but there isn't an official word on it because. The DayZ forums is hosted on a BI server so your case is stronger. However Rocket is talking about setting the price, not BI, which wouldn't make sense because BI would be the one to set the price and Rocket is probably going to set the alpha price around $15-20 while BI is selling ArmA 3 alpha for $25. So if BI was setting the price of DayZ SA, then it would probably be set higher than the range that the forums are suggesting.

Though I will admit that Rust Alpha has gone for an ASP of like $27 and it's using a lower quality engine than what DayZ SA will use.
  3. Hosp

Would it be to much to ask for some patch notes to date about what will be expected at release? And not just a "smoother/better gameplay experience." I'm sure there's other tweaks to existing content that will go live as well.
  4. Astriania

I want to see this released but it's better to get it right than release it before it is. Arguably the whole of PS2 would have benefited from more of that attitude in the early days so it's good to see it in action now, even if it is frustrating when we're waiting for something.

/e pops off to the test server for a performance check
  5. Nocturnal7x

DLing now, you are gonna get so many complaints from me, get ready!
  6. Revanmug

I assume you are speaking for the mass of morons populating this planet right?

Because it is completly stupid to not read the policies of a plateform, or anything really, that you intend to use. It is the FIRST thing you should do before doing anything in it. In this case, it tells you what's going on and how the PTS works.

I guess 2 min of reading is asking for too much. It's not a damn EULA with 100 page of rules, warranty and warning ffs.
    • Up x 1
  7. DeadliestMoon

The test server download link is in the very first thread of the Test Server: Announcement section, not hard to find.
  8. whitupiggu

EULAs are not legally binding if a clause conflicts with existing laws so they really aren't worth reading anyways. The policies are also common sense stuff so they are also not worth reading.
  9. Tang60

Yea if they wait alittle longer there wont be anybody left to play,

I guess they wont be any bugs that way :) I'm mean if nobody's playing, So I guess that would be a good thing ?
  10. Aldaris

If you don't visit a forum regularly, then the logical thing to do is searching for what you want. Oh, look, that's precisely what I did, and found the link pretty fast.

You have failed to explain why someone wouldn't. Stickied posts are important sources of information you go to do find what you want.
  11. Jeslis

Trying this here simply because I've been bug reporting this for ages;

When you, a magrider tank driver, are facing direction A.
    When your gunner, a saron, is also facing direction A.
    When your gunner fires, your screen *flashes* (white flash, as if you just had your picture taken).

This only happens when your gunner is firing in the same.. arc//pieslice//same WAY you are. (up/down does not matter, just direction).

This effect happens through thermal and zoom on the main gun.

It makes it VERY annoying to drive.

I know I am not the only one with it as I did poke around and ask a few outfit peoples who also reported the same problem.

I do not know if this happens with a harasser driver and the saron gun on there. only the MBT. I do not use the harasser much out of principal.
  12. vulcan78

The thing with the PTS is that it cant replicate the zerg related CPU bound frame-rate drops into the sub 20's (for those with 4.4+ GHz, myself included, I can only imagine how horrid this game runs on anything less) that only happen when hundreds to thousands are vying for a Tech Plant, Bio-Lab or Tower etc.

For example, if I go to Amerish around 12 pm PST with no alert going on there and visit a tech plant I can see 45-60 FPS no problem! (all settings maxed, including GPU physics and draw distance) But when its busy? Again, the CPU is tasked with processing all the activity and frame-rate slow-down invariably occurs.

This is why after allocating 15+ Gb for the PTS I immediately deleted it, it is pointless without the larger number of players that bring this game to its knees.

I am actually kind of disappointed with SOE constantly delaying the optimization patch, to me the excuse that we can always expect delays with fixing/optimizing the existing Beta (it really truly is a Beta, possibly a test-bed for PS4) because poor little SOE is under-manned and short on funds is disingenuous in the extreme.

SOE is not UWE (Unknown Worlds Entertainment, creators of Natural Selection 2, built and actualized by two twenty something's with less than $25k.)

Planetside 2 as F2P is a total joke. Yes I do know players who have not and refuse to put any money into the game but these are far and few. Personally? I have $150 in the game and have been playing for less than 6 months (Premium Membership + $85 of SC).

I was considering going out today and purchasing more SC which is on sale at Gamestop but wanted to see what kind of changes were made with the release of OMFG.

Now I will have to wait indefinitely or just not purchase any SC altogether?

I think that is what SOE needs, apparently they only move when their pocket-books are threatened.

You have to have ungodly amounts of money from all the suckers such as myself who paid you to test your PS4 Beta.

Hire more than 6 programmers and art/content designers and have more than three of them working on optimization (with the other three working on new "P1MP" items such as Halloween horns, hood ornaments, spinner rims and Lumifiber crap).

Really though, you do not have any excuse.

SOE is positively swimming in money yet you have three people in total working on OMFG?

Fix this game, or many of us are leaving for good.

There are many, MANY, other game developers out there who treat their customer base/gaming community better, UWE being only one of them.

When/if you are done with OMFG 1 sometime in 2014, and assuming I am still around to provide feedback, I would like to see an overhaul of the vehicle physics model (driving a Flash should not be this difficult really) with full Microsoft (X-box 360) controller support. I'd like to see the gross weapon imbalance (no, the statistics that can be found here do not lie: 18k kills TR Vulcan Harasser, 3k kills VS PPA Harasser, 2.5k kills NC Enforcer Harasser etc.) addressed and all the stupid bugs with VOIP and the total inability to run up a hill even though by looking at it you think you can.

Fix the PhysX related crashes, I get them AT LEAST once every hour or two, and it is insanity inducing. No, the solution is not to turn PhysX off. I will still get a crash every 3 hours with it off anyway. Fix the crashes, this is inexcusable, I have never, EVER played a game where a crash every hour or two was to be expected.

My $ .02.
    • Up x 1
  13. RoyAwesome

Unlike you who clearly hasn't been involved in the ns community, I have. NS2 had performance problems for 3 YEARS before they tackled it 6+ months after release. Using them as a comparison, SOE broke the sound barrier on how fast they fixed it.

SOE is putting their resources into this. Your belief that they are underfunded or not putting the effort into this game is laughable at best, and downright ignorant taken any other way.

I challenge you to actually program a videogame that runs 2000 players at 30+fps. I had issues with 64 players in a Source mod that I made, and I can't even begin to imagine the complexity of the code they are pouring through and trying to make faster.

Quality Content, Fast Development Time, Stable builds. Pick 2. This is the natural law of software development and games are no different.
    • Up x 1
  14. R3dBeaver

logged to test server again.

still empty as **** around 9:30 - 10:30PM EST.

but, its very smooth with high FPS and no hitching!
  15. MaCritz

[IMG]
  16. Kail

17. R3dBeaver

18. Kail

Don't be so dramatic. That's just a well-defined time period people know will be active by, at the very least, the dev team.

The fights don't instantly turn off after an hour so you're still free to check in and see if there's some action. If you can't make the fights, or don't want to, no big deal. Heck even just making your outfits / friends aware helps, so that those who can go know about it.
  19. RIctavius

AHTHANKYA
  20. vulcan78

Not involved in the NS community, very presumptuous, might want to refrain from saying things that you are uncertain of. Someone who donates $75 for an "Elite" content package even though they rarely play NS2 anymore isn't someone who doesn't care about a great game conceptualized and actualized by two kids in a garage.

No, I didn't say SOE is underfunded, I actually said the opposite. I am saying that they could hire more people considering how much of cash-cow the PS4 Beta has become for them AND/OR redirect the other three programmers (6 total) AWAY from making new "P1MP" content with the intent of luring in MORONS (really though, who spends 500 SC on a Halloween horn, I really want to include the 'Idiocracy' video montage with this post but I have overdone this already) to give them MORE money to test their PS4 Beta.

NS2 with problems? Not nearly as bad as this game, I remember before UWE addressed some of the optimization issues I would see downward of 35 FPS end-game, not as bad as the sub 20's in this game during zergs. And how about zero system crashes? It didn't become reasonable to expect a CTD (crash to desktop) AT LEAST every hour with PhysX on and two hours PhysX off. When rolling with a platoon, it is now commonplace to suddenly stop receiving guidance from the platoon-leader as he/she has suddenly crashed, and as I regularly squad-lead it is extremely aggravating to have to ask for the position back as it usually goes to someone with no mic and or squad beacon when I get a crash. Don't even let me start on how aggravating it is to have a crash mere minutes before the end of an alert AND/OR when youre flying a Scythe or heaven forbid a 12 out of 12 Galaxy enroute to a strategically important objective 10 minutes before the end of an alert.

And again, were talking two kids who built the game with less than $25k?

SOE has absolutely no excuse for the BETA state the game is STILL in.

The constant CTD is absolutely game-breaking and indicative of the Beta state of the game.

The laughable vehicle physics indicate that the vehicles would be at home on a Gameboy Advance. (seriously, has anyone at SOE actually sat down and attempted to drive a Flash for half an hour?)

The gross weapon imbalance makes the game not fun to play for two out of three factions (for example, if we are on fair population footing with the TR, 50/50, WE LOSE EVERY SINGLE TIME. You think its pure skill or MAYBE Vulcan, Marauder, Striker, Hellfire and general greater effectiveness of TR small-arms at the ranges MOST engagements occur are a part of the equation?)

You say SOE fixed something, please elaborate. What have they fixed with sound-barrier breaking speed?