To all the VS who don't think ZOE Is overpowered

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Ned, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Karion

I dont know whos sucking you know whos for this crap. But its broken. Well, it works perfectly for VS.

Timer! Place the damn thing on a timer! Done.

But that would be considered a genuine balance of skill and equipment.
    • Up x 1
  2. BeefySleet

This is what VS actually believe. lol

[IMG]
  3. ViXeN

And yet the NC MAX didn't have anything that could kill it in 3 seconds, other than C4. There are multiple things that can kill a ZOE that fast because of the added damage. The key to winning on this game is knowing how to beat the enemy in every situation. The fracture and scat MAXes can kill us fast if we're not careful but I do well against them because I understand how to deal with them. Its no different with the ZOE. Like I said, read that guy's guide to killing the ZOE. Its not hard.

No thanks, i'd rather live longer than you silly KA5 users. :eek:

And how much do the extended mags cost? Keep in mind that ZOE isn't free either. Its VERY expensive to cert up to 5.

LOL Show me one MMO game that was ever really balanced by nerfing. Blizzard has been nerfing things in WoW since it was launched and its still not balanced. I have seen it kill plenty of them but never actually balance one. The reason is because no matter how many things get nerfed, people will always want more nerfs. They nerf and nerf and nerf until everything is garbage and people quit playing. People are never happy regardless of how much you nerf. You can't have real balance in a game because people don't really want balance in the first place. I already explained this.
    • Up x 1
  4. ViXeN

That is correct. Circumstantial evidence doesn't prove a point, which is why it doesn't get someone convicted in a court of law. And are you really going to say something is correct because most people believe it? That is definitely a logic fail. LOL
  5. Metal Insomniac

I can solo TR MAXs no problem. I have a specialized loadout just for killing MAXs. My point is, ZOEs have a significantly higher survivability when it comes to rockets or tank rounds, etc.

And frankly, I don't see how it's fair when they hit so much harder.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kociboss

Oh, no one thinks that. Some people just desperately don't want it to get nerfed.
  7. Kociboss

Typical ZOE run on my VS alt:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

This streak isn't even close to some of the "best ZOEs" around. Note that I don't even use blueshifts, I'm in budget mode of quasar + cosmos.
  8. ViXeN

And some of us think nerfing everything into dust won't solve the balance issue.
  9. Kociboss

<shrug> I don't really care. If I want to dominate as MAX unit and end up with 15/20/25/30/40 k/d per session I can simply log on my VS alt.

ZOE is beyond broken but whatever they do I'll adapt.
  10. Brewery

Just because people perceive that something needs to be nerfed doesn't necessarily mean that it needs to be. Likewise, your garbage MMO reference has no meaning. Secondly, let me know of an MMO where all they did was buff everything which created balance to the game. Your logic is flawed and makes absolutely no sense. "LOL"
  11. jak

It's often easier to redesign one piece rather than bring 20 pieces up to its level...
  12. Brewery

Easier and makes more sense. Especially if the developers believe "it" needs to be toned down. Which I'm sure the Devs have more "balancing" experience than anyone posting on this forum.
  13. Deladin

This.

You want a fact that can be backed up with common sense and a knowledge of how greedy companies work?

The amount of time it takes an obviously OP item/unit/weapon in Planetside 2 to get a much needed nerf is in direct correlation to how much money SOE is still making off said item/unit/weapon.

in other worse, the nerf will happen when the money stops flowing, and it will be replaced by a new FOTM that will start the process all over again.
  14. Brewery

I also love how Vixen uses World of Warcraft as an example of how nerfing things wrongly can foul the player base of a game. Oh wait I forgot that WoW is the single most popular MMO ever released and probably still is. I guess they didn't nerf things enough to make people leave their horrible unbalanced game.
  15. Deladin

That also would be a significant metric, even if all the extra VS kills were due to VS playing maxes 4 times as much (which I can see as a possibility) is also says something profound...

VS maxes are far more versatile in far more situations. Often times, an NC max has zero place on a lot of battlefields where engagement ranges are longer then their shotguns can handle, yet a VS max is still almost as effective as in close range. How often do you see a NC max rush across a wide open space? Ya never, they get wasted before they can even get a shot off, however you get ZOE maxes running, bobbing and weaving and dodging pretty much everything tossed at them, and STILL are putting down a very effective suppresion fire, if not outrighting killing the enemy as they rush.
  16. jak

Where I would disagree is that I highly doubt many of the developers have the actual in game experience you or I have. Trust me, there's a huge difference between developing something and being the end user (I say this as a developer lol).
  17. ViXeN

The only smart thing you have said today. And it applies to the ZOE. You guys think it needs to be nerfed based on some stats which don't actually PROVE your point, but that doesn't mean it actually does need to be nerfed. Same goes for everything else like the vulcan, striker, etc... Just because something is popular with the players and gets a lot of kills as a result, it doesn't mean its OP. Until you show me actual PROOF, i'm not buying into your nerf cries.

Its never really been tried to that extent yet. Most devs just go with the NERF EVERYTHING approach to try to shut up the community and that has NEVER worked in an MMO (this IS an MMO) or any other game. There isn't ONE completely balanced multi-player game in existence right now. Even Tribes and CS weren't really balanced. Almost every MMO has attempted to balance their games by nerfing and it has never worked, which is why you couldn't give me any examples. Just once i'd like to see a dev team ignore the community's nerf cries and try boosting the other weapons to even things out.

And seriously, you guys need to stop talking about logic. Your entire argument is based on personal opinion and seriously flawed stats that never proved the difference was caused by the ZOE. That isn't logic. Sorry, try again. :rolleyes:
  18. jak

You're asking for the impossible. First, you cannot quantify skill, so performance is already a skewed number. Next, I don't know that we have stats differentiated by a user using ZOE or not. You also likely don't have stats that include ZOE equipped but not active. In addition, you have to consider that ZOE applies to all VS MAX weapons and factor that into the analysis. The baseline MAX units aren't even balanced, so quantifying an ability into a number influenced by "skill" and situation is impossible.

That leaves really only subjective experience, or, simply, a feeling. Which leads me to think any competent player defending at the very least the AI ZOE is, frankly, out of his or her mind.
    • Up x 1
  19. Brewery

#1 - Zoe needs to be nerfed.
    #2 - You like to side step any initial argument in the first place. As I said before, show me an MMO where all they did was buff everything to what its counterpart is and then it became extremely successful and withheld the majority of its player base. - Oh wait no ones done it because it makes absolutely no sense. Weird isn't it?
    #3 - I haven't seen you say a single "intelligent" post. Apparently you should be producing MMO's and you specifically should just buff everything when a single thing is imbalanced and see how long your 1/10 steam meta scored game will last.
    #4 - I enjoy watching you defend yourself against multiple people who disagree with you because of logical statements and statistics. Logically you should just give up on your argument and logically sign out of the logical forums where logically everything that is said pertains to how logically misinformed you are.
    • Up x 1
  20. MilitiaMan

Really?

That's strange because the only time I die is when I get stupid.

I almost never die to C4 due to the speed increase.

Almost never die to Rockets because I know how to strafe.

And I can backpeddle faster than a Scatmax can walk and out DPS a Mercymax.

Keep trying though, your bias is showing :)