Can some one confirm this?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nintyuk, Oct 22, 2013.

1. VSDerp

thanks maggie.
  2. ManualReplica

This. xD
  3. FocusLight

Clearly someone F'ed up. VS should win it - they lead daily, weekly, and cough up with and went beyond TR. Naturally, they should win this week, and if it goes on like this, the whole thing.

FIX THIS SOE. I may despise the 4th scum who made this happen, but the rules are there for a reason - enforce them already.
    • Up x 2
  4. ArmedGoose

Nice! Solid prove that TR is hardcoded to win no matter what.
    Busted SOE, now finally admit it! :)
    • Up x 1
  5. Liquid23

that is assuming that the website was in fact displaying the correct score and that the internal counter SOE was using was the incorrect one...
    • Up x 1
  6. Jaloro

Hmmm. Not much I can positively say about this. So I will leave it at hmmmm.
  7. MuchachoBob

Seriously, I thought of some many things to say, but in the end, I could only muster enough strenght to do this:

[IMG]

Come on, you guys don't check your own WDS score website?
    You can't do basic math anymore?
    • Up x 3
  8. ViXeN

So even though VS earned the win, TR still gets to keep their free boosts that they DIDN'T earn? I'm not sure that's fair to the VS. I don't complain about much on here but I definitely don't like the way WDS has been handled so far.
    • Up x 2
  9. Bankrotas

First time I might agree. Though I can't say, that winners shouldn't be rewarded anyways. But Going through this is a test, which only makes everyone more frustrated :/
  10. St0mpy

its stupidly messed up anyway since the scoring change, I cant imagine the VS are happy about suddenly winning knowing the only way it was possible was because of the scoring change and not them actually playing better

its a fake win really, not fun for anyone
    • Up x 2
  11. Flashtirade

Shameless self-plugging, but: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Auuq9uRSiMyOdDdhdmZxdEVqcVJsWGo0MDhzWE5xY0E#gid=5 (Week 5 is the relevant tab, look for Totals)

These numbers were taken on Sunday morning, showing the VS leading by over 100,000 points for the week, and there's no possible way that either of the other factions could have covered that in under 24 hours. Compare this with what you guys have, I'm 100% sure that these values are right (unless your official website is horrifically wrong).
    NC: 570584
    TR: 558339
    VS: 673272
    • Up x 1
  12. Aegie

I love the indignation over who got a boost for winning an event that anyone could have received the boost for just by logging in and logging out of a character on each faction.

Yet, get frustrated over actual, long standing, and serious balance issues and you get flamed.

The hypocrisy is so dense you could cut it with a knife.

So few people can see past personal prejudice so as to support change that provides a level playing field but if you do not get your meaningless cookie that comes from cooked numbers in the first place...

Seriously, if you had to choose between WDS cookie or a game with balance what would you choose? I guess this helps explain why the developers do not seem to give a damn about balance.
    • Up x 3
  13. Niamar

Maybe they were looking at the actual numbers when they announced the winner, instead of the listed scores, that uses a different scoring system to make things appear more even.
    • Up x 1
  14. Hrafnagaldr

Still dont care for boosts that are not based on actual ingame time, even if I get one without creating other faction toons.
    However, SOE messed something up.
    No matter which faction wins, I did exceptionally well in the few hours I played :D
    • Up x 1
  15. Arod

I'm starting to think that the NC should just get a boost and chalk this week up to a SNAFU.
    Just give all 3 empires a boost and lets not have this happen again.
    • Up x 1
  16. ValorousBob

I think I speak for most non-TR when I say that we don't really care about you taking way TR's free XP boosts. The VS just want to be recognized for the victory, if TR get free boosts because of a bug then whatever.

EDIT: OK NEVERMIND. Apparently a bunch of people want TR's free **** taken away.
  17. John_Aitc

I am glad Maggie and the team is looking into the week 5 scores. I signed out of the game with less than 3 hours to go in the WDS week, and was certain that the VS would win.

My honorable TR brothers and sisters did a great job of fighting back over the weekend, but the VS lead seemed insurmountable to me when I last looked at the scores.

After receiving my boost on Monday, I thought there must have been a mistake. I wonder if the automated system was naming winners based on the total score of all weeks instead of the individual week.
  18. Ghosty11

Yet over populating and zerging empty bases for the win is valid and fun? Are you also insinuating that over populating the other factions means that the TR has a higher amount of skill than the other factions?

The scoring changes made capping bases on empty continents worth a lot less than those on populated continents. SOE needs to make more changes to the scoring, like the 50% bonus for fighting the season leader, but one side should not win by default simply because they have a higher population.
    • Up x 1
  19. TheReaperKing82

I just had an idea. Seeing as how SOE cant take back the bonuses that were already given to TR this week, lets make it fair and just give bonuses to the VS AND NC for the previous 4 weeks where we pretty much got shafted due to the obvious population imbalance. They can give the bonuses as sort of a thank you for participating in the WDS preseason since things have been messed up before they get into the real WDS season
    • Up x 1
  20. Tragachinos

Does anyone like the way WDS has been handled? Not even TR players xD
    • Up x 1