A Message To The VS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ApolloMCProductions, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Ganelon

MSW-R is a CQC LMG; it's only redeeming quality is its accurate hipfire and option to use an advanced laser sight, but it gets utterly outclasses by shotguns at the range it's supposed to operate (point-blank).
    EM6 has much more utility and outclasses all LMGs, bar the SVA-88.
    • Up x 2
  2. whitupiggu

It's nearly identical to the orion which is one of the best LMGs in the game. You have no idea what the stats are do you?
  3. Ganelon

The MSW-R has better hipfire, but worse ADS. It lacks the x0.75 ADS movement multiplier, which is what makes the Orion so good.
    • Up x 1
  4. ApolloMCProductions

I thought we were dont with the nerf/buff talk, we've put it to rest, neither faction is OP, and lmgs of each faction require a different skillset (NC seems to have the high aim, high reward one, so it has a better "skill roof", which is beneficial towards really good players...and aimbotters). Talk about this in other threads, not here.
  5. ApolloMCProductions

hipfire is more important that movement speed in a QCQ lmg, come on now
  6. whitupiggu

• Up x 1
  7. Ganelon

Not in a game where ADADADAD spam is so effective.

Dps is irrelevant. Do you honestly believe the MSW-R will actually work up to 160m?
  8. whitupiggu

Now I know you are trolling.

Do you honestly believe the EM6 will do any better plinking away health at 160m?
    • Up x 1
  9. Ganelon

Are you a new player? Run and gun plus ADADAD spam is very effective. A x0.75 ADS movement multiplier makes this easier due to the faster movement (obviously). ADS is also more accurate than hipfire.

Have you even used the EM6? I'm doubting you actually have o_O
    • Up x 2
  10. GhostAvatar

Was it really a win before with the TR pop advantage? This is typical SOE, swing from extreme to the next. I swear they must be a bunch of trolls. One side cry, they swing it to the other side and make them cry also. Then they wonder why these forums are toxic and don't post here for fear.
    • Up x 1
  11. Hoki

You noobs are forgetting about soft-point on CQC weapons.

noobs don't even know how soft-point works

I'm not going to tell you.

But it is why the MSW-R and Anchor are better CQC LMGs. Better hipfire and soft-point.
  12. whitupiggu

Are you a new player? You don't ADS in CQC.

And I'm beginning to doubt you have any idea what you are talking about. The EM6 is less accurate while moving than the MSW-R with hipfire and ADS.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ganelon

Depends on the weapon and attachments. Orion w/ foregrip, for example, would probably be better off when ADS'ing.

But more accurate over longer ranges. It's useless to have a faction-specific LMG suited for CQC when shotguns outclass them.

TR LMG's CQC advantage eroded with the coming of shotguns, it's non-existent now.
  14. whitupiggu

Not really. They'd be moving at 75% speed while the other person would be moving at 100%.

The only time the EM6 is more accurate than the MSW-R is when standing still. Which is a good way to get sniped.
  15. PapaMojo

19k away from taking the lead for the pre-season. Go go Barnies!
  16. Xasapis

Pre season. And I doubt it counts for anything beyond metrics to calibrate the whole system.

(On an unrelated note, population balance seem a lot better after the adjustments. Either the 4th factioners found a reason to stick to their respective factions or people give too much weight on the scoreboard and switch sides accordingly.)
  17. PapaMojo

I fixed it....and yeah, it doesn't count for anything, and you could even say it counts less with scoring being changed mid-season. But, that being said, there is no meta-game currently at all.....at least this gives something to play around with besides the typical cap-go-round that is PS2.
  18. Kaon1311

So SOE put up the bowling alley inflatable bumpers and you are now happy your getting 'strikes' due to better play and organisation?......oh dear.

Oh just incase /sarcasticjoke and /enemybaiting
  19. PapaMojo

[insert rage filled diatribe]
    [make comment about strikers]
    [make comment about harassers]
    [make comment about over-population]
    [insert smug self-serving final comment]
    • Up x 1
  20. ApolloMCProductions

ADSing with CQC lmgs is a bit different, it still happens a good amount of the time. lmgs aren't nearly as good at hipfiring in CQC even if they're built for that, they're just a heck of a lot better than other lmgs and have a much faster rof.

Hoki, um hate to break it to you, but soft point cannot be put onto lmgs :p

The carv is very similar to the orion (and certainly comparable to the sva-88) in respect to CQC characteristics, so the point of saying that VS is OP and mentioning the orion (remember that way back?) is an invalid fallacy.

Once again, saron v. vulcan ---> halberd is best option
    sirius ----> blitz is better due to recoil pattern; tr don't have a "great" smg since it does not follow their factional preference (oh golly, you mean that TR don't have the best weapon in the game for every type of weapon!)
    lancer ---> I suggest you stay away from the topic of HA tertiary weapons, mobs will likely form at your front door.

BTW VS, great job, keep it up, after we surpass the TR (should happen very soon), we'll begin to see if they'll be gaining points faster than us; so sit tight and farm.

[IMG]