BioLabs Are ruining this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by weap0nkil, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Krona

The one base that you can actually defend and not just roll through, which is the main problem with every other base, is ruining this game?

Are there huge problems with them like those shielded teleporter rooms? Yeah.

Point is, bases need to be more defendable, not less.
    • Up x 1
  2. RoosterNE

3. Tasogie

Biolabs are great, they are fine an really good fights. If defenders had a brain they would lay AP mines everywhere, they never use them.If attackers thought a bit, an used smoke grenades, and MAX/engi teams,.... well you get the idea.
  4. HeIIsing

A lot of people are at a Bio Lab because they want more Infantry fights...no Liberator-farming...no Tank-Splashdamage-Spawnkill
  5. Liquid23

i like biolabs
  6. Isila

Biolabs are not the problem, they are a symptom of the problem. People do not like getting killed by players that hop in a vehicle with HE rounds (or bombs/rockets) and hold left mouse at doors. Any chimpanzee can do that and it requires zero skill of any kind. So players gravitate towards the only place in the game where they can get away from the endless HE spam: Biolabs. Fix the HE spam and you obviate the need to focus on Biolabs.
  7. ent|ty

I Can't stand biolabs. Not only do they have way to many icons and player names displayed so I can't see ****, its laggy as hell, and pretty much functions as a classic deathmatch design..

You can tell it's a deathmatch game when you spend the entire time shooting others and getting shot; in the back of the head.
    Not fun.
  8. bobek388

I as a HA hate biolabs, if you know how to avoid tanks and planes then they're no problem for you. In biolabs everyone camps at the spawn rooms and enterances, there is no good infantry fight in biolabs, just meatgrinders on the landing pads and spawn rooms.

Once attackers get inside through the landing pads then the fight is over. So biolabs are s**tty places for a good infantry fight, amp stations are much better.

Also on the landing pads you can still get killed by planes and that's where fights happen 99% of the time in biolabs. The other 1% is when you get inside, then you have cover from planes but it's just for 1 minute and then the fight is over and you have to move on.
  9. UberBonisseur

That's like, a 9 months old necro that is still relevant.

The best kind of necros.
  10. Bill Hicks

Ha I remember this thread. I probably said biolabs are fine. Now I think they could use more openings.
  11. Torok

Biolabs are too small for biolabs alert and we need all outposts to be contested once you have one, it's pointless to take on one biolab with just a teleport room (especially the one far away from the generator) and a landing pad, it's a boring stalemate, reminds me of metro64

And this game is being ruined by squad deploy / beacon drop pods on sunderers, It kills all the fun and it's way too easy to reproduce, no teamplay or saint will save you from it, especially when done by whole outfits.
    • Up x 3
  12. ViXeN

As an infantry player, the biolabs are the most fun part of the game for me because I don't have to deal with tanks or esfs.
  13. TommyXXL

is it just me or the enemy is not rendered for a few seconds after he drop pods? that might explain a lot, i use this trick and it's op, as for biolabs.. a joke of a base, people like them cause no matter of your skill all you have to do to get xp is shoot, anywhere.
  14. JimRussle

I like how anything defensible in this game is always labeled as "too defensible".

Biolabs switch hands a lot. It isn't anything like prenerf crown was
    • Up x 1
  15. CDN_Wolvie

The truly amazing part of this thread to me? How its basicly saying "**** combined arms". Don't we have games like TF2 for that? o_O
  16. ViXeN

Well as an infantry player its nice to have a change of pace from the usual fun of being spawn camped by a dozen tanks and aircraft. :eek:
  17. CDN_Wolvie

That is a problem with base design, not combined arms. Spawn camping just wouldn't be a thing if every base had a SCU that was down when it is so completely overrun that there is spawn camping by other infantry. A infantry spawn that is camped by armor and air is just a poorly designed base - remember the even worse days of the Shack O'Doom? These current spawn rooms were a praised considerably when they replaced those and still they failed at most bases until we got tunnels ... very lack luster tunnels whose exits get camped instead of defended :(

Plenty of threads on better base design where the posters have even illustrated it based on sound defensive theory that also includes expanded options for making each class and vehicle type a more active participant in the preparation of a defense, in such manners that would allow a player to have a fun time before even a single enemy shows up to wonder what new and fun obstacles the defenders have prepared for them to devise some tactical prowess to the expanded components of a base and a satisfactory siege for both sides for rewarding their creativity and use of combined arms team play.

Edit: Here are a few examples just in case they are hard to find:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/base-design-part-1.152634/

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...pawn-design-based-on-existing-building.65475/

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...nsive-and-small-unit-ops-improvements.109148/
  18. ViXeN

Regardless of what is causing it, the problem exists. So its nice to not have to deal with that in biolabs. You guys can leave your vehicles occasionally and join us in some infantry combat, it won't hurt you. Hey, I have to play your game sometimes and drive a magrider so you can do the same.
  19. Simferion

We still have combined arms: ESFs which are AI,AV and AA arms all combined in one. :D:p

Seriously, about the Biolabs I'll state some problematic points:

1) Biolabs are too defensible: Biolab cannot be taken by tactics, you cannot use some tricks like a GSD sundy or something similar. A galaxy drop has not usefulness, except for the arrival to the facility. All you can do is bruteforcing your entry, swarming the enemy if it has a greatly lesser force. But if the enemy has just a comparable force and he can react in time, you cannot do anything. You must greatly outnumber the defenders. And here comes the second point.
    2) Biolab fights are self-feeding: the current resource system (which I profoundly despise) makes you gaining a small amount resources produced by the facility, whenever you gain XPs. Biolabs are mainly infantry only so you just need infantry resources. Biolabs produce infantry resources so you are gaining XP inside the meatgrinder and you are refunded of the resources spent for mines, grenades, C4, MAXes , etc. (*)
    3) Biolabs are bad for fps: usual fights involve platoons and such number of players in a small space destroys the game performance for many people. And while you can often go elsewhere, with the corresponding alerts and when the server is somewhat empty, they are the only alternative to ghostcapping.
    4) Biolabs don't allow for combined arms: self explainatory.

(*) The old Crown was a similar meatgrinder with an important difference: you could gain only Aerospace resources, the less valuable type of the three. So after spending hours in that grindfest you were compelled to find some other fights, even because "Whoever hEld the Crown lost everywhere else".
    And anyway Biolabs have always been meatgrinder.
    • Up x 1
  20. CDN_Wolvie

Who are you even talking to? Awful lot of presumptions about how I used to play in Planetside 2.

I don't even think the vehicles are all that fun, a couple of C4 in the middle of nowhere abused me of that notion, let alone all the lock ons ... or the walls ... or the terrain changes ... or the rocket podders ... or the vulcan harasser ...

Its just odd to call combined arms a problem in a game that is specifically built to make that a possibility, its a bloody selling point. Might as well call the whole game a problem.

Oh well, you were a fun challenge to play against on Waterson (I'm not gonna deny you were a skilled player with your VS tools) but as a reasonable, ingenious, engaging, respectful fellow conversationalist you leave a lot to be desired. Which is disappointing, I am certain I have seen some respectful, insightful posts from you in the past.