Why isn't there rage at SOE's phasing out of combined arms?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jachim, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Crashmatusow

single resource is just going to drive maxes extinct why buy a max when you can buy a lightning for slightly cheaper?
  2. LT_Latency

well now there are places the lighting can't go
    • Up x 4
  3. f0d

you are right it isnt fun for tank players and it isnt fun for infantry hence why the new base changes (and i love the new bases)
    what i do have an issue with with that one or two infantry can easily handle a tank OUTSIDE THE BASES IN THE OPEN and make the tank actually have to run

i preferred the PS1 style where in and around bases were deathtraps for vehicles but out in the open it was safe to be in a tank - tanks (and most vehicles) were actually strong and could take a ton of hits and transport vehicles could actually transport the players to the bases

i suppose my main issue is that they fixed the bases (and hopefully will continue to do so) to make infantry fighting more fun but now that bases are better they also need to tone down infantry AV weapons and strengthen (as in ability to take a pounding) vehicles to make the vehicle gameplay inbetween bases more fun because the way it is now (inbetween bases NOT at or in bases) isnt much fun for vehicles

people seem to think vehicle players like to spam doorways and farm infantry when we dont - we want epic tank battles IN BETWEEN bases without infantry WTFPWNing us
    • Up x 5
  4. SgtScum

Funny. Tonite on esamir there was plenty of air and tank spam just like always though they didn't get to do as much to some of the bases as before.

I didn't have any issues with getting my sundy blown up but then again I know how to position it so its not sticking out like a sore thumb waiting to get hit by the hammer again.

And yes esamir is looking good with all the new thickets of trees everywhere and what looks like an enhanced light map.
  5. Phyr

So now the "tactic" of spamming tanks at a base to demolish anyone brave enough to leave the spawn room is less potent, and that somehow means tanks and air are dead?

• Up x 2
  6. Stew360

Here a little clip of me and my clan mates while we were aiting for our clanmates to download the patch on esamir Combine arms gone ? i dont think so Hahaha thats some good farming here

• Up x 1
  7. FABIIK

I am all for this (and I don't use vehicles).
    But they should also make MBTs require AT LEAST 2 persons to work effectively. Driver + Gunner (+ optional secondary weapon gunner)
    This driver/gunner thing is ridiculous. That's what lightnings are for.
    • Up x 3
  8. FABIIK

'Combined Arms' operations is not tank/aircraft spam.
    There should be a healthy dose of infantrymen in a combined arms force.
    In a game where EVERY SINGLE SOLDIER can get a vehicle at a simple terminal, you need the gameplay to force them out of their protecting shells.
    Or you get things like what Reskan showed on the screenshot.
    • Up x 1
  9. f0d

i 100% agree
    driver + gunner vehicles are way more fun too - look at the harasser as an example

even before the techtest and beta for ps2 i was asking (as were many more) for separate driver + gunner vehicles instead of the driver/gunner ones we have now - the best answer we got from smedley was "they are not as fun" - pssssh i say separate driver + gunner vehicles are MORE fun
  10. Patrician

Combined arms means vehicles, both air and ground, on the same map/instance/area/continent as infantry. It does not mean your vehicles can go into bases and camp spawn rooms.
    • Up x 1
  11. MangoPunch

Earlier on Connery NC pushed TR out of the Octagon with sheer numbers. TR came back with a bunch of tanks and pinned us inside the base, keeping us from being able to push out until they were able to muster up even numbers. Even with the battle completely inside the walls, their tanks were able to find a good vantage point to keep us suppressed while their infantry took the base back.

How is that not combined arms?
    • Up x 1
  12. Jachim

Please, show me what 'vantage point' you can get as a tank that will allow you to help your infantry comrades. Do tell.
  13. Jachim

No, that is not what combined arms means. Please look it up and get back to me, thanks.
  14. Gustavo M

Well, I just tried the new Esamir l"e"ttuce, and it's "working as intended": infantry inside the base, general vehicles in a distance and ESF focusing on the vehicles, since there's too much cover for infantry which renders em as "impossible to farm" by ESF's.

Again, working as intended.
    • Up x 2
  15. Jachim

They ARE dead. The only people who use them are people who like to camp spawns or farm infantry instead of how they're supposed to be used.

You can easily get the same amount of score and kills as an infantryman as you can in a tank, you just die more often. Why aren't we complaining about people getting 60 kills in 30 minutes as infantry, sure you can do the same (and get the same score per hour) in a tank, but you CAN NOT run a tank in high intensity conflcits and be effective at helping your team like a tank should be doing because of withering anti tank fire. Getting vaped by 12 people with Vortex/Lancers, Striker squads, raven/phoenix spam, engy AV, drop-pod C4 faries.. etc etc.

Obviously, these people who don't want tanks and air in their infantry fights are the reason SOE is changing this game from its core play and it saddens me that no one is upset over this at all.

Also: Since when is anyone afraid of a tank as infantry? Really? How much of a coward do you have to be to go get free certs from blowing the tank up spamming you with any AV weapon you may have?
    • Up x 1
  16. Jachim

For your COD type solo-infantry play style sure it's working as intended. It's not combined arms.
    • Up x 4
  17. Jachim

This is not combined arms. This is a **** in HE doing exactly what SOE wants to stop. This is what needs to be nerfed, not combined arms.
    • Up x 3
  18. Gustavo M

Vehicles are attacking both vehicles/infantry..
    Infantry against other infantry.
    And ESF against everything else.

So, yep. It is combined arms, and working as intended. The only difference is that you'll not see a tank spawn farming helpess infantry and killing em over and over again from the spawn room.
    • Up x 2
  19. Jachim

Please. With those numbers against you (there are no friendly radar showing so you were alone there) you'd have lost anyway regardless of tank numbers.
    • Up x 3
  20. Gustavo M

All of those walls has the only purpose to separate infantry from vehicles, reducing dramatically the chances of spawn farming from either tanks or ESF against infantry.
    But the combined arms still happens nonentherless.
    Working as intended.
    • Up x 2