Enough is Enough Higgles - We need the magrider buff NOW

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BeefJerky, Jul 13, 2013.

1. BeefJerky

I see you like to drive prowlers. What's the matter? Afraid you're not going to get free wins anymore?
  2. Ganelon

36 hours in a Prowler and 39 hours in a Mosquito with 28 days of total playtime.

Nice try.
    • Up x 2
  3. Vyss

To be fair, it was the long range sniping tank until Prowler/Vanguard got major shell velocity buffs that made our weapons look like they were going slow mo and we lost our single shot saron (much better for sniping). So now we have a slow velocity, major drop main gun that is fired from just off the ground (and can easily hit obstacles) and a secondary with big bloom and six shots. Oh ya, almost forgot, we also have by far the lowest dps main gun out of any armor including lightning.
  4. Yerk

Vanu, quit trying to con the Developers into giving you more disgustingly overpowered toys.

VS is already the ez mode faction for so long. If anything, the Vanu require a severe nerf to get them in line with the other factions.
  5. vincent-

When my new PC comes on the 24 I will be back in my mag on waterson if I had some videos I would show op that's it's the tank driver not the tank that tears through enemy lines. Only time I've died is being out numbered in no mans land and having no co pilot.
    • Up x 1
  6. SgtBreastroker

Once SOE give us directional Magburner then I'll be happy.
  7. Phazaar

So you want a video of a Magrider killing 5 other tanks... Just, in general? I'm pretty sure that every person on here with Auraxiums on the Supernovas didn't get them -exclusively- by killing infantry and potshotting ESFs... I'd be willing to bet a pretty disgusting amount of money that every single person who has the Auraxium medal on one of the Supernovas has killed more than 5 tanks... I'm really not sure what is so unbelievable about this feat that requires a video to prove it is possible? I also think we'd all -much- rather see a compilation of your time in a Magrider to make us all feel more pro :)
  8. SpaceKing

Magrider is borderline OP as it is once you equip that Saron cannon...
  9. Mongychops

Reasonable change would be to reduce AP vanguard and prowler projectile velocities to their respective HEAT velocities. So the difference in dodgability between the two is no longer ridiculous.
  10. BeefJerky

Yes 5 tanks but with very specific conditions:
    1. Must be 1 on 1 with no infantry or air or other tank interference
    2. Must be against another player that is a higher or equal BR
    3. Must be 5 Different people
  11. Phrygen

This thread is going no where because its:

1- in the wrong forum
    2- doesn't attempt to address the problem in a constructive manner
    3- directly address the creative director as "higgles" as if he owes the OP anything
    4- lots of reason i don't want to list

here is a constructive thread on the subject. Part one is a theoretical replacement for the ES mag ability, and part two is a list of buffs for the mag rider i think are appropriate.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...c-ability-idea-rate-and-judge-harshly.140130/
  12. LonelyTerran

No strafing then
  13. Dracosh

I said it before and will say it again: how about cloaking ability instead of magburner? And leave all stats as is, it's not so bad, actually.
  14. zedfonsie

The magskater only needs

-Faster bullet velocity (+25 m/s for the 3 weapon types)
    -Less drop

Maybe make magburner work in all directions.
  15. BeefJerky

You do know this is also my thread right? https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...he-magrider-up-to-par-with-other-mbts.140121/

Which, not to brag, has more likes than yours :p
  16. Van Dax

A few things here in this thread that annoy me greatly:
    Wah mag is UP- it really isn't that far off but specific things need adjustment.
    Wah mag is OP- well the stats disagree with this pretty hard and the fact that a good portion of NC/TR players seem to think that it needs select buffs would mean these are just the generic anti-VS guys from mattherson.
    LOL y you trying to close range with a mag, every one knows its a sniper tank-

this is where the mag balance is wonky right now, its balanced at long range vs the other tanks where you can avoid a similar number of shots as the van can absorb and a similar amount as what the anchored prowler is going to avoid by way of killing the target faster, its balanced here as in it does about equal here as the others. The problem with that is it does not excel beyond what the others are doing here, the AI potential of a long range magrider is very very low compared to the prowler and about on par with the van, the AV(but not AT) potential is similar to a van but it lacks the velocity to make those shots land reliably. Another problem is SOE's vision of the mag is all over the place, you can see specifically that through the last few patches they've been trying to get the mag up close and personal again by giving it a close range saron and buffing strafe back up so it works better in close. The saron change came at expense of significantly lowering its damage output in its previous ability to peak and shoot, and in ts original incarnation was severely gimped at the old ranges it would have been used. We can't blame this mechanism change on the harasser as they already gave it a different damage model for the harasser so it could easily have been harasser specific.

Ah more VS wanting OP stuff again...- give it a rest guys, higby has already stated that quote has been taken far to seriously, but to go over it in a way you would understand it works like this:
    VS have had many things that were very bad, over the length of the game nearly everything we've been given has been blatantly underpowered and unusable on release, we get the beamer by default and have to "upgrade" to an inferior magshot, we got bugged out max weapons that we were told to just deal with it when we reported the bugs, we got a sniper AV launcher without a scope, with broken animations and ammo counter (until recently) a large COF (patched out after they realized how stupid it was) had to sit through 2 4-5 second charge ups to do the same damage as a stock dumbfire (now only takes 3 seconds). What do you do when you get a whole bunch of bad options and then some good ones? there were not any medium or debatable options so 9 times out of 10 we picked the clearly superior option. Pre NC max nerf there sure weren't many mattock or grinder maxes around was there? of course there wasn't because they weren't the obvious best choice at the time. People will choose the best option they are given (bar some seriously weird preference things, though most people prefer to do the best they can do) and in the VS' case its just that many of those options were clearly defined.

What the mag needs-it either needs to be hands down the best long range tank or it needs to be better at close range. If I were an NC/TR I'd support the guys who just want it to be better at long range and save yourself some grief (there are not as many long range areas as you guys make it out to be). To that end, the main cannon should get some velocity buffs, and the saron should get reworked so that it has the best ttk at long range (not a buff but a behavior fix, right now it wants to be used close range and it should really be encouraged to use it as a long range gun) out of the secondaries. That's all it needs. The magburner is just silly.
    • Up x 2
  17. BeefJerky

Sorry let me restate in clearer ways for you phrygen
    1. Must be 1 on 1 with no infantry or air or other tank interference
    2. Must be against another player that is a higher or equal BR
    3. Must be against 5 Different enemy tanks
    4. must be in close proximity (within 0 - 50m )
  18. Stew360

Dont play VS , if you dont like their play style , The (( agility bonus )) they have is the most anoying thing you could face of , C4 a mag riders is a exploits compare to c4 a prowler or a vanguard

MAG riders as been from all time the most efficient MBT ever the vanguard absolutly need a shield in order to do anything and its main purpose is been able to escape and repair , SAME ******* THING for the mag burners ...

VS players arent real they have broke the game to a point where a 5 years old kiddys can be better than a true skills BR 50 + in the other empire

Gimme a break VS dont deserve any buff in any level , they deserve to be NErf TR as well and NC is the only faction that required few buff and change here and there

Iam sick of the forums controled by a mass of VSwith game breaking ideas , and balance toughs

the winners of the last competition at SOE live an NC players now consider to play TR for the competition lol BEcause how bad NC get screw in most level
  19. XRIST0

Anybody who is good in the magrider knows exactly what i mean , i usually gun on the saron and a friend of mine which is good in tanks using ap round . Honestly , unless the prowler is locked down a mile away theres a slim chance of him beating us 1 on 1 .

All in all , like somebody already said the 3 tanks have the strengths and weaknesses just learn to adapt and play it to its best ability .

Basically its whoever gets the 1st shot in will take the victory , regardless of which tank your using .
  20. zedfonsie

What? This entire discussion is about tank vs tank combat, not about how good it is against AI or how efficient it is for that matter. The cold hard truth is that the magrider is the worst at tank vs tank combat because it has the slowest velocity, the most bullet drop and can only really use its strafe to dodge shots at long range which is hard to do because it has the most drop and slowest bullet velocity.

How has Stew360 not been banned... The world may never know.
    • Up x 2