Enough is Enough Higgles - We need the magrider buff NOW

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BeefJerky, Jul 13, 2013.

1. S0LAR15

The thing is it's easy to hit even when it tries to duck in and out of cover. Right now it's mobility count for nothing inside of ~300 m. This combined with lower damage, and the worst MBT ability, makes it third by quite someway.

I often hear turret shake being mentioned, yet all the best tanker in VS use the lightning, and none of them moan about turret shake. Even so turret shake about evens with the worst turn rate for the gun and tank, ZERO third person awareness, and not being able to shoot lolpodders down becuase you can't aim up like the other MBTs.
    • Up x 1
  2. Loegi

So I didn't die those times? Weird.

That turret stabilization is quite a plus in moving battles you know. Not to mention you can strafe around them (without exposing your weaker armour).
    • Up x 1
  3. Rogueghost

I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE.
    Time to dump 50 bucks on my br 12 vanu so he has a fighting chance....
  4. Konstantinn

Original poster is either joking or posting from alternative reality. Outside of those two possibilities I don't see why anyone would seriously ask for any kind of buff to magrider.
    • Up x 2
  5. Gurra

Magriders are quite good atm altho the magburner needs to be looked over most likly be omnidiractional. For the tanks i would say the thing that needs changing are 2 things

1: lockdown dont fit the prowler and i have no idea why they gave lockdown to the fastest mbt its just silly Ai farm ability. Remove and rework i say.

2: Vanguard shield this thing beats both magburners and lockdown becuse its only drawback is its cd.
  6. rickampf

Yes sir, the maneuverability makes the Magrider more resistant than the prowler. You are just comparing stats by stats... its not the right way to compare. The Magrider is the most balaced tank in the battlefield and can excel with a lot more situations than the others.
    • Up x 1
  7. Blarg20011

Although I agree that the mag might need some buffs, we really need to be careful here about unbalancing it vs infantry. It's already the best at dodging dumbfire missiles, in fact pretty much impossible to hit at longer ranges, and omni magburn would accentuate that even more.
  8. BeefJerky

Bro...you do know real money can't buy certs right?

All you need is an AP gun(250 certs) and saron secondary(700 sc)
  9. BeefJerky

because 99% of people(including TR and NC) agree that it's the weakest in tank vs tank battles?
    Also the stats show it to be true also?
  10. Messaiga

AP guns cost 750 certs for MBT's.
  11. Chowley

More VS hilarity. I really do not like fighting mag riders, absolute pains in the ****.
    • Up x 1
  12. FrontTowardEnemy

I agree it's all about perception.

The other day some guys were whining that stuff was OP, on *my* main empire. "Stupid TR this and NC that.. etc.etc." so I thought, okay, let's go use those weapons etc. and find out just how good/bad they are. Indeed, it was surprising/eye opening to say they least. Using the TR/NC stuff gave us an appreciation for the aspects of the VS stuff we like, and it also gave us some insight as to how to best defeat the TR/NC weapons. On the other hand, some of the TR/NC stuff I used was simply awesome, but they had their drawbacks as well, just like anything. My thoughts ended up being "man, this gun is great, but I wish it had such and such from this other gun, I really miss that capability..." It's like players freaking out about ZOE MAXes when having never used one. When I see one, I just run after it and kill it. It's so lightly armored that they go down quite quickly.

And that brings me to Magriders. The worse thing you can do as another tanker is not charge in and negate any distance/agility advantage it has. The more time you spend at range, the more time the Magrider will have to chip away at your armor. Get in close, make your hits count and turn it into a ground fight instead of a long range boxing match.
    • Up x 1
  13. Kubor

The stats that Higby showed certainly did not show the Magrider as the worst tank v tank and nothing has changed since then.

As for "99% of people", how long did it take you to canvas 99% of the entire player base and why was I in the 1% that never got asked ? :rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  14. IamDH

Lol i'll start playing them again :)
  15. Torok

I'm growing more and more scared of that Saron Dps, hit and run madness damage
  16. HellasVagabond

Get Racer chassis....That way you have the same top speed as the Vanguard with Racer chassis and 2s better acceleration 0-65....
    As for your strafe clip try keeping the main gun on the target while going back and forth on a terrain that is not 100% flat.....And once you do try the same with the Magrider.....But i bet you already know this ;)
  17. BeefJerky

getting racer chassis on a mag is the fast lane to instant death
  18. The King

lol... annoying "ADADADADAD"
    That's called strafing...
    And it's slow.
    Their projectiles are slow.. You should be able to press "WSWSWSWSWSWS" and dodge nearly all their shots.
    And when you stop to switch directions, you can easily hit the magrider.

Seriously? The enforcer beats it by 1.3 miles..
    The little weak thing isn't going to kill at long range either...
  19. Madmojo

Front fixed cannon kinda stinks. You can't use all maneuverability and shoot back.
  20. HellasVagabond

Perhaps, but that option exists so people will not WHINE about a lower top speed.