Enough is Enough Higgles - We need the magrider buff NOW

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BeefJerky, Jul 13, 2013.

1. BeefJerky

This is completely ridiculous. A magrider simply can NOT survive in close or medium range battles with other tanks.

Even most NC and TR agree that the mag is weak in mbt vs mbt battles.

Here are some suggestions to indirectly buff the mag so it doesn't die instantly to shieldGodmodeVanguards or InsaneDPSProwlers
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...he-magrider-up-to-par-with-other-mbts.140121/

I will personally give 1000 certs to a video that shows a magrider in close range against a shieldGodmodeVanguard or InsaneDPSProwler one on one. you have to win at least 5 battles( if you win more it will be extra +100 certs per win), and it has to be against people who are of the same BR or higher. Different people too, so no cheating. (When gifting comes along next month) Deadline for video is this month. First 5 people will be rewarded (sorry I only have 5000 certs saved up)
    • Up x 2
  2. holycaveman

What is funny is as a self proclaimed harasser master. The Mag is what I fear the most.

Carry on though........
    • Up x 2
  3. Kubor

Strangely enough, most Prowler users (myself included) avoid the Magrider like the plague. I absolutely hate trying to fight them due to the fact that they can land practically every shot because of the lack of turret shake, and the annoying ADADADADADADAD that makes me miss the majority of rounds fired at them. That second thing is one of the most annoying and frustrating things in the game to have to face.

I think you'll find that Vanguard drivers hate fighting against Mags too for precisely the same reasons.

I guess this is all about perceptions.
    • Up x 18
  4. Crashsplash

Yea.

All tanks have their strengths and weaknesses. All I can say is that I fear the sight of magriders but not vannies.
    • Up x 5
  5. Messaiga

We mean in Tank v Tank combat, the Magrider is the least balanced of all. Imo all the ES MBT abilities need overhauls, right now the Vanguard Shield is the best, Anchor following behind (fastest tank gets ability that makes it stand still, LOGIC), and the Magburner being the least practical of them all.
    • Up x 1
  6. vanu123

The Mag is very situational. If there is no random rocks or trees to duck in and out of mag loses. Also I have heard that we wont be able to float on Hossin which would actually make it viable. Right now the its main advantage of floating has no real place, and it would only work on Hossin. Also to the people who complain about the mag being to hard to hit. I swapped factions to see how hard it is and turns out if you have even half decent aim you can hit it, and since the Van has more Firepower and the Prowler has ROF both kill the Mag faster than it can kill them.
    • Up x 5
  7. where ta gonster :DD

Their mobility is still ridiculous in its currnet state. I guess you could buff the damnage.
  8. IamDH

I think the magrider is pretty good tbh. You can easily utilise the magburner and its strafe to dodge tank missiles, doesn't work as well on skilled shooters. We need a velocity buff, thats good enough
    • Up x 1
  9. Wezdor

You want a video OP? Just as soon as i find a good battle, i'll show you what the magrider can do. Even though i agree the magburner needs omnidirection.

What do people usualy use to record? Fraps takes a ****ton of space, so it won't fit on youtube, will it?

You haven't logged VS in a while, TR scum :p what gives?
  10. CHDT65

I mostly drive a Vanguard.

When I get in close combat with another tank, it's because I made just before a bad decision.
    When I must fact in such a situation a lone Magrider, it's quite easy to win with my Vanguard.

The problem is that such a case is quite rare and, as already said, getting too close to the enemy in a tank is by nature a bad decision.

So, on all the other tactical situations, medium or long range engagements, the Magrider is "OP" with its speed, with its guns, with its "ADAD" capacity of avoiding the shots.

And even at close range, if the terrain is not too flat, the Magrider can still easily escape, repair and get back to fight.

So asking for buffing the Magrider is quite a funny request !
    • Up x 1
  11. Chipay

Speed? Doesn't magrider have the lowest base top speed (50)?
    ADAD huh?

Oh look, that Vanguard can strafe :eek: and 16KPH is exaclty what the Magrider has :eek:
    If we're talking about the Prowler i could also say that the Prowler's lenght is about the same as the magrider's width :eek:
  12. Tommyp2006

The magrider is fine, you just should not be trying to brawl at close range with it. It's a great tank at range, and in the hands of a good driver, is very deadly. There are a couple of magrider drivers on Waterson that I HATE going up against, because I can never beat them. The only tank that can really do that is the vanguard due to the shield. Could magburner use a change? Sure, but that's all it could really use. Also, from the little that i've played vs, I've found magburner awesome for getting into places other tanks could only dream of.
    • Up x 3
  13. Chewy102

I got both FRAPS and DXtory.

FRAPS is the easy one to use and most don't need to do more than press a button after a clean install. But FRAPS is one HELL of a hog. It will eat your FPS and take up massive amounts of disk space. If you don't have a 2nd HDD just for recording then it will make gameplay near impossible.

DXtory on the other hand needs a bit of work to find a sweet spot. But after doing that I loose no more than 5-10 FPS and can record for hours past FRAPS thanks to smaller file sizes. A 2nd HDD will still be needed or you will have a lot of problems when you are trying to both read and write from the same HDD in to different areas.

Both cost about $30 but each has a free trail version that records for only 30 seconds or so and has a watermark. You could use the in-game video recorder. It isn't near the quality (I think it looks horrid) but it's free and no limits other than disk space. But still the 2nd HDD problem like the rest.

After that you will have to edit the raw footage. YT has an upload limit and it will take a LONG time to upload raw footage if you're able and for YT to process it all. Windows Movie Maker is free but can't do much. If you choose DXtory and use WMM then you can't record 2 audio sources (in-game and a mic for example) without first pulling the audio from the raw footage and then pasting it over. Fail to do that and the video will not have sound.

Iv been told that Sony Vega 11 is a great editor but costs more than I can spend on something like that.
  14. 660/12

The mag is probably the best for fighting against infantry because the maneuvrability really starts to shine.

I would love to see all HE tank guns restored to their pre-buff state. Pulling a tank is now very situational and usually NOT the best option.
  15. BeefJerky

I was talking about mbt vs mbt battles

But seriously, you fear the tank that has
    -the WORST turn rate
    -the WORST main gun velocity
    -the WORST main gun damage

Nice lie
  16. rickampf

Prowler has good dps but is the most fragile and the special ability is too situational.
    Vanguard is resistant, spacial ability make it a true combat tank... but is too slow.
    The Magrider is the most balanced tank, best maneuverability, and the spacial ability is much more useful than the prowler.

This game dont consider just tank vs tank battles... in the battlefield you will face things even more dangerous than tanks, and the Magrider excels in deal with a lot more situations than Prowler or Vanguar.
    • Up x 3
  17. BigMacDeez

When Prowlers and Vanguards get turret stabilization, you may have you "buff". Having my aim thrown off constantly by the smallest of bumps is ridiculous.
    • Up x 5
  18. Badname82

Strafing?

1 you're exposing side armor which is obviously weaker than front armor
    2 all tanks have longer sides than front. Your exchanging dodge for exposed surface area

A magrider can use their front armour and their smallest silhouette while strafing.
    Any self respecting tanker will use their frontal armor with frontal reinforcement when fighting tank vs tank. Try doing that fake strafing in real combat not the VR room. It doesn't work in practice. You are better off with using that to peekabo with cover. Doing that in the open will just get you killed.

For those decrying magburner when you have it maxed out you get to use it twice as often as a maxed out vanny shield.

The saron isn't bad at short ranges. The burst it provides at points blank range can help.

What I dislike about the magrider is it slides when you want to be stable.
    • Up x 2
  19. Phrygen

thats not strafing
    • Up x 7
  20. BeefJerky

Prower is the most fragile? you do know the prowler has the same armor as the magrider, but significantly higher DPS.

No, this game doesn't just consider tank vs tank battles, but stuff has to be BALANCED, doesn't it? you think pre-nerf scatmaxes were balanced>