Test Patch Notes July 12, 2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Luperza, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torok

we're still waiting for the update
  2. TheEyelander

This a very nice update in general. I like it!

Good job SOE.
    • Up x 1
  3. Brusilov

Bring it on!
  4. S0LAR15

Then LA is a goner. When you flank you already have to contend with the vertical jump being slow, painfully slow and audidble enough for players to find you, 100 AP mines, other shotguns, HAs that dominate CQC, and on top of that you have nothing that can compete at range vs ARs and LMGs, no tool slot, and the lowest team utility outside blowing up some noobs who drive up to doorways.

LA has been very UP relative to the other classes for sometime, this just kills the only thing it had going; faster movement speed which you could use in CQC, albeit with a huge CoF anyway. The mine point is especially poignant, it's way too easy for defenders to cover vs your flanking with mines, listening for you and just looking around once in a while. While this change doesn't change flanking for the worse it destroys any trade off in combat the class has, essentially making you an engineer which can slowly hover through the air, with massive accuracy penalties. Combined with stealth nerfs to jump jet duration, semi auto shotguns being worse than carbines even if you hit heads, I certainly won't be playing LA anymore.
  5. Torok

i disagree and don't need to write much, i'd say the LA is very fine as of now.
    just my 2 cent, don't want to hinder your post
  6. Eclipson

The LA is a class you use for Tower Fights with and SMG/Shotgun, and thats about it.
  7. AnotherNoob

The description on the vortek rotary makes no sense, it does more damage up close, and at range? So it does more damage? why specify if it is the entire range... And harasser weapons angle changes, please name them and be specific about the changes in degrees. (inb4 vulcan can't aim up)
  8. [HH]Mered4

Its a reverse thing m8, the lower number indicates a FASTER RoF.

Come on. I figured that one out because it otherwise wouldn't make sense.

Exercise COMMON SENSE! Otherwise my cat will eat you.
  9. Ash87

Well it's 9am Pacific, so if we are going to see a response as to when and if we are getting this, this weekend, it'll be sometime from now on.

Personally I'm predicting that we don't see this until Monday
  10. Eclipson

Yea, i've come to expect delays :p Higby just can't keep his coffee from spilling all over stuff. It has a mind of its own.
  11. Crazy Guy

im excited for the different wing options for weapons.. i dont care about missiles, i want some more cannons on my wings.
  12. Ash87

I just found it weird they pushed the notes and then the patch wont be along for a while. It's like there was a miscommunication between the: "Pushing stuff to test" and "Putting out notes" departments.
    • Up x 1
  13. Van Dax

Indeed they have a tendency to show a "time between shots" number rather than ROF in patch notes.
    • Up x 1
  14. Crazy Guy

I guess there is a balance that is hard to maintain at times between being transparent and keeping things to the last minute to prevent issues like this. They probably ran into something and had to delay the actual deployment, but i guess the notes were already out.
  15. Verenz

Nice job diversifying the rotarys whilst still keeping them all competitive. Seems my vortek has traded its damage per mag advantage for an increased DPS advantage, TR traded some DPS for damage per mag and vanu have a more "accurate" gun with a faster reload.

So glad you didn't give everyone an NS nosegun.
  16. Messaiga

I use it by going around an Amp Station and just slaughtering people with a Gauss Compact S that has an Under Barrel Shotgun on the rail. Btw, Under Barrel Shotguns do as much damage as the 1st gen of pump action shotguns, they got 10 pellets, they can 1HKO, but I am unsure about the damage per pellet, I would assume it is 143 instead of 134 or 130 since it was never mentioned in patch notes.
  17. skifton

18. Nimvalz

Oh my god really?, Are you not patching the servers SOE?
  19. Revanmug

That's the most ****** thing I have heard in a long time. It make 0 sense whatsoever. Are Vanu this bad now on?
    • Up x 1
  20. FrontTowardEnemy

Just... LOL... they're fixing something that was never intended.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.