Test Patch Notes July 12, 2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Luperza, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kapernum

Sustained fire... Haha poor TR.
  2. S0LAR15

So no mention of actual ESF stats. At some point the Reaver has become the Scythe 2.0, guns not even in the picture. It no longer has less top speed, and seems to be on par for agility, yet has a more powerful after burner (high top speed), and stupidly strong VThrust.
  3. Khyrin

And stupidly big hitbox.
  4. S0LAR15

What? 15- 20% bigger, and only head on.......
  5. Khyrin

Last time i looked at the ESFs the Reaver has the biggest from the front, sides, up and down and rear while the Scythe has a rather small profile from the front/rear and sides while being rather big on the top/bottom view and the Mossie is overall rather slim.

Also i don't see why any VS could complain about the changes, all their weapons get straight up improved in every aspect while Nc gets more damage for smaller Magazines and slower RoF.
  6. [HH]Mered4

I LOLed at this. But, besides that, AWESOME!
    NOO. Not Esamir too. Oh well. it was inevitable, and hopefully the new continent AND battle islands will help even out these issues.
    Fac cap times? I feel like this is another time where you guys fix stuff thats not broken....and it breaks. But, hey, maybe there is a legit reason behind this change besides some arbitrary balance number.
    Guys, this is a stealth GALAXY BUFF.

AWESOME. Even though it is almost miniscule.

YAY. ES ESF guns now actually are different in massively different ways.

Also, note to everyone: The mossie changed the least, while the scythe changed the most.

Interesting.
    • Up x 1
  7. Eclipson

Sooooo, about that PTS patch that went to the server yesterday . . . WHERE IS IT?! o_O
  8. SpaceKing

I'm gonna miss airsniping with the needler...
  9. Netsurfer733

Does anyone else that has been around for a while know how long it usually takes them to put up a patch after it's announced for PTS?
  10. Alarox

It's not a bug or exploit if nobody complains about it? Okay...
  11. Alarox

Larger from 2/3 angles, and from the one that its not larger it is still easier to hit.

From the top/bottom, it has a slightly smaller area but lacks holes in its hitbox unlike the scythe. (7% smaller)

From the front/back, it's taller and wider than the Scythe. (about 40% larger)

From the side, it's area is larger than the Scythe. (about 40% larger)

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/esf-actual-sizes-from-game-assets.68595/

This post has the actual information.
    • Up x 1
  12. Maverick556

You are completely right.. we are a flying break and we feel it...

Mosquito Nerf/Buff is pretty fair (wow the first time I see that the TR has been actually nerfed/buffed!) but Scythe got too much cons..
    COME ON GUYS! You can't let him have the fastest reloading weapon with faster projectiles? wasn't it better leaving them all at 650? was it so difficult??

Vanu scythe is a monster at dogfighting already...if you give him more cons it will be invicible...it has already the best air to ground rockets...don't give him the best 1st weapons as well...don't do it SOE just don't.
  13. joe smo

*about to rant*

Thank you for clarifying that.
  14. Pikachu

ASC buffed? Finally! I think 4 seconds is too low. At least 5 seconds reduction it should be.
  15. Netsurfer733

Is this patch still not up?
  16. Crazy Guy

i doubt it will go up before monday
    • Up x 3
  17. Van Dax

You guys are killing me with the suspense on the sounds here.
  18. ZephyrBurst

Just stop talking. It was a bug with the way movement was handled with the engine and they fixed the bug. You probably won't even noticed that much of a difference anyway. It's not a nerf, it's putting things to where they are intended to be. LA will be fine with this.
  19. Ripshaft

They're talking about an unintended effect of the recent change to drifters to allow drifter speed along the ground without needing to jump - much like the magrider it was possible to get a greater total velocity by adding together forward and lateral thrust, which is not intended, the maximum speed/thrust you're intended to attain is when moving forward, not diagonal.

So whatever you're thinking this is that's role defining or been in game for ages, this is not it. The change is extremely minimal and will likely not even be noticeable unless they botch it up like they did with the mag, which I just don't see them doing again.

If you're just trolling, my apologies, carry on.
  20. RoyAwesome

still no patch~~

soe taking a leaf out of valves book
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.