[Suggestion] The Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction (Part 2)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 26, 2013.

1. Ketadine

Now the offset turret not only looks silly, but has no function at all. Your shooting from the middle and the barrels are just for show. At least it gives me hope that in the future, they will move the barrels to the middle of the turret. It would make sense no ?

Great idea, but very unlikely to be implemented in the game. The ROF and/or bullet trajectory calculations would crash the server. I would settle for a 1000 RPM weapon. If not, then nerf the ROF for VS and NC by ~50-100 RPM so that at least we get a decent RPM advantage, but that also would be highly unlikely.
  2. EliteEskimo

That's all I'm waiting for at this point, a Developer response from the likes of Higby. He needs to see these threads which are the words of hundreds of people with an abridged version of 50 pages of feedback. Multiple people have tweeted him this thread, but I'm starting to wonder how many tweets Higby gets annually to have the tweets people send him of this thread get drowned out.
    • Up x 1
  3. Flukeman62

bump
    • Up x 1
  4. mina5

btw seems like we didn't get that grey camo after all . what the f**ck happened to it ?
  5. EliteEskimo

It's most likely going to be introduced in GU11. Maybe with a centered Prowler turret if we're really lucky :D
    • Up x 1
  6. -Synapse-

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  7. EliteEskimo

Lol, that picture is epic:D
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  8. EliteEskimo

It would make sense for them to do this, but it would require them to center all Prowler weapons they had designed so far. I don't think it's a great amount of work, but is it enough to make them not take on the task? Maybe.... Maybe....

A 1000 RPM would be pretty cool, and I agree anything higher could cause problems for the server. The question now is do they nerf ROF weapons on the NC/VS that have a higher ROF then their TR counter parts, or merely raise the TR ROF on those particular weapons.
  9. IamDH

What happened to the tank remodels we were getting in GU10? :eek:
  10. WyrdHarper

Just keeping this thread up.
    Higher ROF and more accuracy are things for which I long; hopefully they will losten!
    I hope they also take to heart our desire for wePons and abilities with a cool factor. As much as I love people in /os going "How come the NC get such cool stuff; THEY'RE REBELS," it would be nice to hear it for our side. We get stuff that works okay, but a fancier lock-on launcher is not particularly cool, nor is a MAX version of our tank's ability, ESPECIALLY when that ability is something about which people complain for lack of fun factor and lack of coincidence with the lore. (Not a comment on balance, ofc; both could use tweaks, but that is for other threads).

Give us , like, engineer flamethrower turrets(or vehicle mounted secondaries), or goober rounds( say it's riot gear from the revolution; it does lower damage but slows/freezes targets), or some kind of bayonet/chainblade attachment for guns, or infantry weapons with an explosive or slight concussing effect. I want something that says "we are the only real military on Auraxis, which means we get some really cool toys."
    Big, loud, fast-firing things which tells enemies we're here to take their land. Let's get some good sounds, too; against the NC you hear whistling, against VS, the plasma; let's get something a bit cooler than "standard bullet sound for a few things. Maybe even have some weapons just BLARE the TR classical music for inspiration... Or maybe have speakers mounted on tanks. Something FUN. It's a game, and people like having cool stuff, and get a bit miffed when other people get LASERZZZZ and TV RAWKITS, and you get another lock on. Really, the last thing this game needs is MORE lock ons, regardless of faction.

..er, got a bit ranty, but maybe it will stir up some onversation.
    • Up x 2
  11. EliteEskimo

I completely agree, we need conventional stuff, but it also needs to be cool and fun to use at the same time. For instance, Dr. Gatling wanted to create a faster firing gun, but he didn't just do that, he created a gun that not only became the fastest firing gun of all time (The Gatling Gun), but he created something completely new with a design that has lasted over a century because of its ingeniousness and functionality.

Developers please give us weapons with lots of Dakka and accuracy behind it, but also make it cool, reliable, and something that a well funded professional military would use.:cool:
    • Up x 1
  12. IamDH

Super minigun!
    http://3.bp.************/_m6ifUZKp_FU/S9jckVBveUI/AAAAAAAACHk/IlKavGctsPk/s1600/MINI+GUN+4.jpg
    • Up x 3
  13. IamDH

If we had 2 miniguns the spinup problem wouldnt be as severe
  14. Dingus148

Also known as the "Serious Sam Solution"
    [IMG]

When in doubt, bolt another gun onto it.
    • Up x 1
  15. EliteEskimo

Na, they will at some point remove that dumb spin up time like they said they would. EVENTUALLY! :rolleyes:
  16. Lyel

Actually, when you think about it, all the factions should barely be effected by flinch, and here's why:

TR: You're right. They're soldiers who are put throughout rigorous training day and night to make the most efficient soldiers. They have had the idea of pain knocked right out of them, and so they are loyal to their empire, and nothing will stop them.

NC: These are people who have come to the conclusion that the TR is a fascist government that the people must be free of, and will die fighting just to see that through. They are rebels armed with little but a gun and a cause, and will endure all the pain they can to free the many.

VS: This should be pretty obvious. They are religious fighters who believe deeply in the wisdom of the Vanu, and care little for what they are put through. They are zealots with a mission, to eradicate the ignorant and unenlightened, and finally be free to advance the human species.

Really, all of these guys have their own reasons to endure pain. Just wanted to share that : P
  17. Citizen H

Except the majority of NC are not that. Read the lore. They're corporate mercenaries. The "freedom fighter" angle is their spin, their manufactured image. "Suits'll cut ya a bonus check", hello? They're paid mercs in it for cash. At best they're TR washouts with slapped together equipment.

They're also nerds and scientists in way over their head. They're not well trained or battle-ready and they don't get dirty. All they have is their technology. That's reflected in VS weapons which have little recoil and are easiest to aim. They're not supposed to be hardened warriors and that's why when they step outside their Magriders and Scythes, if they get shot they freak.
  18. Lyel

Meh, I guess.

THIS, on the other hand, I would disagree with, but for reasons to icky to talk about on the internet.
  19. Lyel

There is no need for a centered turret, the bullets already fly out of the middle now. Introduced in GU9.
  20. EliteEskimo

Having the shells fly out of an invisible source instead of the barrel is not the solution, it just cheapens the feel of the game. They need to center the turret and align the camera with it.
    • Up x 2