[Suggestion] The Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction (Part 2)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 26, 2013.

1. EliteEskimo

Zorro they should make you the lead VS creative developer and me the lead TR creative developer for just a month. We'd increase the awesomeness levels for the TR/VS to >9000 easily in that time:cool:
    • Up x 1
  2. Ketadine

This looks a lot like the "head glitch" that is present in every modern shooter. It seriously cheapens the experience and it looks like cheating on the receiving side.

Anyway, the issues highlighted here need to be addressed as soon as possible or there won't be any TR left. I logged, after a long pause on Woodman yesterday (a server which had a few months back A LOT of TR population), to find that we were seriously outnumbered and had on Amerish a 50% more exp due to low population.
    • Up x 1
  3. XCharlie

If they center the guns, the barrels will obstruct the vision of the tank driver (sort of like infantry always looking down their sights instead of carrying the gun by their hip). The reason for the camera-gun-offset is so the driver can see. The camera-gun-offset was a solution to having the driver be simultaneously the gunner.

And now they've "solved" that non-problem solution by putting invisible gun barrels over the camera. So now, the driver can still see where he is going, aim better, and shoot invisible shells right out of his face. However, those shells do not sync with the phantom visible shells flying out of the phantom gun barrels on the left. And yes, that totally "cheapens the feel of the game."
  4. IamDH

I honestly doubt it
    NC/VS tears are too strong
  5. IamDH

You are right
    SUPER SUPER MINIGUN
    [IMG]
    In reply to eskimo we really do need a centered turret
    The one in your design looks alot better than the current one
    The one we were supposed to get in GU10 looked nice too
    • Up x 1
  6. IamDH

It can be exploited too
    A prowler was shooting our spawn behind a wall.. His barrel was actually penetrating the wall
    • Up x 3
  7. Dingus148

I'm not saying dedicated drivers would have sidestepped the problem but...

Oh wait. I totally am. The one part of the game I think SOE truly dropped the ball on, and the result has been a massive reduction in the potential and enjoyment of this game. Dedicated turret gunner = camera can be designed for shooting, and doesn't need to double up as a driver cam.
  8. EliteEskimo

Look I'm as big of a fan of tanks as anyone else, but we need to keep the thread TR specific if possible. Ranik already has made multiple dedicated driver/turret gunner threads so feel free to go to those for that topic. I'd be more than happy to hear any Prowler specific suggestions you have.:)
    • Up x 1
  9. Dingus148

I know, I'm just bitter the solution was so hamfisted
  10. EliteEskimo

Lol this would be pretty awesome, but I feel it would the Max Dead Zone bug which would ruin it. Once they fix that though it would be pretty darn awesome to have a real hand held Gatling Gun again.
  11. IamDH

Not sure what that bug is but double minigun = win
    We could add another weapon which would be kind of like a fracture for the HA.
    Could be a new division of guns which would fit in with the lasher (slow firing slow projectile big damage)
    and the VS would get a real heavy weapon
    • Up x 1
  12. IamDH

I think the claymore should be wedged into the ground more instead of sticking out of the ground
  13. EliteEskimo

Well ya that's just an obvious design flaw.:p
  14. EliteEskimo

The Max deadzone bug is when neither of your two arms register bullet damage when the infantry/Max is within 2-3 meters of you. You can watch your bullets land on the target, but your target will never die. It's pretty darn frustrating.
  15. IamDH

Oh thats happened to me before :S
  16. EliteEskimo

Thanks, and I hope we get the new looking turrets for GU10.

My dream come true would be getting the new turret designs and having them all be centered.:cool:
  17. IamDH

Got an idea for a new TR weapon
    Looks TR and is beast

Could act like a vulcan.
    Strong at close and terrible at far
    • Up x 3
  18. IamDH

What i dont see is why they put the turret on the side and continue to remodel the turret without centering it. I can't think of any advantage of having a tank turret on the side and dont get me started with the magrider lol
    • Up x 1
  19. Ketadine

Great weapon, but it's real life 1200 ROF would definitely be nerfed in game.

On another note, seeing that the ROF would not be improved for the TR anytime soon, I also have a suggestion: what if the TR weapons use a weapon fire system similar to the COD BO2 HAMR ? Weapons would fire an initial burst of 7-10 rounds of high ROF (1200 RPM would be nice :) ), then settle on a lower ROF (750-800 RPM lets say). This would be a nice improvement for the TR and be (somewhat) to what the lore suggests.
    • Up x 1
  20. XCharlie

I think the gun barrels are on the side so that the driver can see to drive and shoot at the same time. I like the design.

Hopefully, this game will be around for a full ten years, so there should be plenty of time for additional new vehicles and new turrets and new options. I hope they give you a new additional turret, but I hope even more that they will let me keep the current excellent design with the barrels on the side. I like the gun-camera offset, I like the clear field of vision, and I liked being able to shoot from the barrels, not the camera.

Part of the fun of Planetside is learning how to use all the unique weapons. Don't take that away.
    • Up x 1