[Suggestion] The Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction (Part 2)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 26, 2013.

1. IamDH

The vulcan

I'd like the vulcan to have a huge RoF and small damage and a large range and it has to be better than the basilisk lol
    The higher the RoF the less the damage 1200RoF would have small damage
    The HAMR-like weapon would be great :)
    • Up x 1
  2. EliteEskimo

That gun fits TR perfectly, it fires fast, is very accurate, and has manageable recoil. Good find.:cool:
  3. IamDH

4. EliteEskimo

Would the initial burst be really accurate, because if not that would kinda ruin the weapon for the rest of the shots entirely lol.:D
  5. Ketadine

I certainly hope so, but I doubt there are going to be new changes (any changes!) soon, due to the time that will be invested in the game for PS 4 ...
  6. Dingus148

Actually, it's more of an NC weapon. Highly experimental and unconventional, and packing one hell of a punch due to using the .45 round. Low recoil and fire rate is a coincidence lol...let me tell you, there are no units I know of in the world that use them. Anything the .45 ACP can do, an assault rifle can do better.

The H&K MP7A1 is actually more of a TR weapon. Designed to be dependable, rugged and compact, and as versatile as possible. Oh yeah, and a nice tidy 950 RPM fire rate :p

Did I mention one of the dudes who shot Osama used this bad boy? Military cred right there. (No, he didn't use it on the op, but it was on his regular rotation in the Ghan.)
    [IMG]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_MP7
  7. EliteEskimo

That's a pretty epic little weapon, I'm not surprised at who made it, leave it to Heckler & Koch to come up with some of the most effective and conventional infantry military weapons of all time. I agree that this fits TR better than the other gun, good find Dingus:cool:
  8. Captain_Tedious

I don't know if anyone else has addressed this, but if you think hard about, having little varience of weapon designs makes perfect sense from a lore and military angle. Just look at the AR-15, if you know how to use one variant it's not hard to pick up the operational procedures of basically any other variant. The TR weapons all look the same so you can spend more time training on how to use a wide range of similar weapons effectively verses using a wide range of completely different versions fairly well.

However, this is a video game.

Every weapon should feel, act, sound, and look unique and different, to an extent.

This has been a "I-Can't-Really-Tell-If-Your-Agreeing-Or-Disagreeing post", thank you for your time.
  9. EliteEskimo

Since this is a video game, and the Terran Republic represent the world republic that means that they chose the best military weapons from around the world back on earth. This should result in weapon variety. The developers are already working on this though, so this subsection I'm not worried about as much. What did you think about everything else?:)
  10. Captain_Tedious

But again, having lots of variants of the same gun that everyone knows how to use can result in more efficiency, and while yes you would want to pick the best weapons from the days back on earth, you can also say that the armaments that were originally brought on the ships going through the wormhole were limited in variety. Also its possible to say that because so much time has passed on Auraxis, weapons have already gone the cycle of being put through hundreds of crazy variants and are now refined better.

But again, video games. Video games should have cool guns. Lots of cool different guns for everyone.

On the rest of the post I will say that I am not the best person to talk to about gameplay, but I will say that the minigun needs to be less crap and look cool and feel cool and the prowler is quite possibly one of the most weak-designed tanks i've ever seen. it's like a mammoth mk 1 from CnC only crap.

Also why are there no bulpups. And why are the pistols so thick. And why are the Vanu failing so hard at their job of being unique by looking like generic purple alien carapace armors. And why am I ranting so much.
    • Up x 1
  11. EliteEskimo

1. I agree since this is a game the weapons should be cool, I also think they should aspire to look like the lore.

2. The Mini Chaingun looks super ugly compared to the one they have in storage, they need to bring it out since they have been making bullets come from the crosshairs of tanks, they can do it with the mini chaingun too.

3. The Prowler is the worst looking video game tank I've seen in the history of me gaming. I also don't remember ever seeing a tank with an off centered turret, probably because it makes no sense mechanically to do that. :rolleyes:

4. You're ranting because like me and many other players you see that there are some big obvious things wrong with the game, and you're wondering to yourself why hasn't SOE noticed or fixed this yet. Don't worry I know how you fell...
  12. Schwak

Belt fed kobalt with 2000rpm anyone?

I'd not sure why the devs made the kobalt a gauss saw with 800rpm but it seams a bit weak, I think if its going to be an anti infantry only weapon it better worth putting on your damn vehicle.
    • Up x 3
  13. Jat371

Excellent thread, I really hope most if not all of this is implemented.
  14. Zorro

I have some recommendations for making weaponry more faction specific.

Bolt-action sniper rifles: These have a straight-pull bolt action, meaning that it can re-fire while remaining scoped. This is balanced by requiring a head-shot to reliably kill a target.

Semi-automatic sniper rifles: These would shoot a quick burst of bullets, so close together that they act similar to a single bullet (in terms of recoil). It could be more difficult to handle because of this.

Rocket launchers: Perhaps there could be a ten-round dumb-fire version of the Striker? It would not have much armor penetration (a bit more than the Striker) and only a small blast radius, but the amount of rockets could be devastating.

Secondary vehicle-mounted gun: Maybe some sort of minigun? Unlike the high-caliber Vulcan, it would be designed to fight infantry only, and would work like a super Kobalt with poor accuracy.
  15. Ketadine

Bump, TR is still very, very bland.
    • Up x 1
  16. Zombekas

I wish Planetside had a chaingun like this

Of course, with a much lower TTK than in that video of course, to fit into PS2 balance, accomplished by extremely low bullet damage (35? 40? Something among those lines) and a fire rate of 4000 RPM. 60 rounds per second, HAYO! Much like what actual miniguns IRL fire at. Magazine count could be 400, maybe an extended mag attachment to make it 600 - 700. One mag in reserve. A considerably long reload, let's say 5 short reload, 6.5 long reload. That would result in roughly 2500 DPS, compared to 1800 on most regular LMGs. To counter the huge DPS, add a completely bonkers horizontal recoil, much like in the video, and the good old spin-up time. Either with shooting while ramping up or without shooting. MAYBE make the player walk / sprint a little bit slower while wielding the gun, but not by a huge amount like maxes. At least that would make it feel like a real MINIGUN.

Discuss.
    • Up x 1
  17. raw

I think the reason for all those pretty similar handheld weapons is that they all fit onto the same nodes of the skeleton and can be animated in the same way. Say that TR minigun from alpha screenshots would need a different set of animations and a more dynamic skeleton. That goes for all weapons btw, not just the TR.

All those animations are a huge effort development wise alone and wrt to a more flexible skeleton, it probably needs exponentially more calculation power. (see how I made this sound like I know what I am talking about)
  18. -Synapse-

I wonder when they're gonna revamp the TR's gun sounds....
  19. Ketadine

I heard that they are going to do that soon (tm) as in:
    Now ←-------------- Very Soon -------- Soon -------- Soon-ish ---------------→ End of Time
  20. Spude

I agree 100% the turret should be symmetrical.

And one thing, i HATE how prowler is just square it needs to be rectangle like normal tanks.