ZOE max is still to powerfull

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Nocturnal, May 29, 2013.

1. DarkenShade

Yup,
    I don't see a difference with ZOE damage on infantry until rank 5, maybe 4. Its mainly anti tank where I see the real damage boost. And only with comets. Vortex's taking that un-needed stealth nerf screwed a perfectly good gun. (you never nerf 25-40% of a guns damage on a knee jerk reaction)

Infantry complaining about adadad strafing obviously have never played Planetside 2 at all.
  2. Taiga

since when have the players of PS2 ever become content with having ADAD warping? you make it sound like it is an intentional part of the game, which it is not.
  3. Odin

Love the vs players that keep saying that "it's only 1 more bullets less to kill" about the increased damage like its nothing. You guys hire a perfessional pr firm to try to stop a nerf or something?. In a game with a super short ttk 1 bullet less to kill = a entire damage tier. It's the exact same thing as adding the nc's 167 damage bullets to a tr's high rate of fire. It's significant, if you don't think going up a tier in damage on both your weapons isn't good or noticable then I don't know what to say. Nice try though.
  4. Vadimir

As others have said the VS MAX was only underpowered compared to the NC MAX and that got nerfed.

That is not the release version. That is a version which was on the test server pre GU9 that had a bug which caused its speed to be far higher than intended. The version we have now is much slower, and will by all accounts have its speed reduced further.

Regrettably on this I have to agree. It's plain to see from the fact that no one outside of SOE even got to see let alone test the proper version of ZOE that they just weren't interest in what we had to say.
  5. Odin

Ohh and what is going on with all the "vs never get good stuff " comments from vs players all the time? Nc is in last place in EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY for kills per minute, kills per hour and score per minute. This includes esfs, tanks and very single infantry class that 0 out of 8 categories. This was all posted on the main forum and the reason Mattherson has gone from 40% nc to 23% in a matter of weeks. So across all players and all servers nc are the weakest of all 3 factions in any stats you can find yet you vanu complain constantly like you haven't had anything good done for you and the developers hate you or something. If the devs love nc......then please love us less....
    • Up x 1
  6. Ibuprofen

First off, one bullet less to kill, when you are firing two weapons simultaneously, is the equivalent of half a bullet less to kill for each weapon, so it's not equivalent to a full tier of damage, as a full tier of damage increase on two weapons used simultaneously would equate to two bullets less to kill.

Secondly, again because you are firing two weapons simultaneously, if the bullets to kill is an even number, and you reduce it by one, TTK doesn't actually decrease if you are close enough to hit with 100% accuracy, because you have to wait for the same number of refires whether the last volley needs both bullets or only one to hit.
  7. SolidSnake

Sigh. I think it's pretty clear right there on my statement what I said. I am referring to the way TR and VS received a buff to any weapon loadout they choose to use on their Max, and we got nothing of the sort. Our AA or AV ability didn't get buffed at all, theirs did. Are you seriously gonna say that a NC Scatmax is more powerful than a ZOE Max right now? SIX TIMES more damage wow, even if that was true it's still severely limited by distance. Do you see Scatmaxes out in the open annihilating players at 30m+ ranges? no.

You're referring to a 1 on 1 encounter where you'll be able to put a shield up and walk towards a lone infantry guy shooting at you. Is said infantry player going to stand still and wait for me to get within my effective range? "If they run then you gained ground" wtf is that supposed to mean? if they run, they run faster than I can move even without the shield up.

Nobody has argued that the Scatmax needs a buff to AI weapons. Nowhere on my statement did I ever ask for a buff to our AI weapons. I am talking about the same buffs the other factions got to their AV/AA weapons, which the devs seem to believe the NC doesn't need or use at all. Notice how you only refer to NC Scatmaxes being used to instagib people up close. So is that the only way we're supposed to use our Maxes now? we don't deserve buffs to AA or AV 'cause we can kill people in close ranges? mind you that other AI Maxes can kill infantry at LONGER ranges just as fast now.
  8. Lyel

You don't need to warp to dodge bullets.

and that video above has nearly nothing changed from the one currently in live. Everyone warned the devs about this speed problem, and look at where it has gotten them.

The devs very much do read the forums. I understand you're just trying to make a point, but don't lie.
  9. Lyel

Right right... and exactly what is this "intelligent use"? how about you find a good lockdown position before you start yammering off about the usability of becoming a turret, the most short lived vehicles of them all.
  10. Nogrim313

i give up on VS it doesnt matter how ****** our abilities are everyone cries nerf on anything we have thats remotely useful, meanwhile ******** like 90 degree turning strikers, scat maxs etc.

at this point VS just needs to start co-ordinating forums rants and campaigns to have everything TR/NC get nerfed in to oblivion

starting with lockdown and scat maxes
  11. Syphers

Scat Maxes aren't even amazing, you trade range for CQC power and thats it. The TTK for a Mercy or Blueshift MAX is only higher by a mere 0.7 sec or something like that, more kills per magazine, range and the ease of spraying compared to the Slugs which don't register at 5 meters or less half of the time.

Hacksaws were broken OP though. Lockdown? nothing special, 50% of the whole pop is playing Heavy assault so turning into a turret can be more problematic than anything else with all those rockets.
  12. Taiga

because it's not OP if its (insert your faction here)!
    (insert your faction here) never gets any good weapons!
    i can't believe how underpowered (insert your faction here) is!

ZOE is broken. f*cking deal with it, it's gonna get nerfed/replaced
    also, if you can't find ANYTHING good about VS then you have been playing this game completely wrong.
  13. Hagestol

Dude. http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/ai_max/all/per-hour

Still the king, by a huge margin.
    • Up x 2
  14. Sabreur

15. DarkenShade

It is intentional, lag compensation makes it so. Ive been dealing with it since the first week vs infantry. Now its lasted a week for the vs max and its getting fixed, so I see no reason to complain.
  16. Taiga

so you are telling that when the devs were adding lag compensation, on the list of perks for adding it into the game they had "makes people teleport all over the place as soon as they press ADAD"?
  17. DarkenShade

Nope but its obvious they cant fix it or they would have already. ADAD is obviously a valid tactic in a game that rewards you for it.

The MAX problem is we had no discernible weight to us when using ZOE so we teleported around much faster than a standard infantry. Now with the momentum added the problem will pretty much go away against VS Max. Its a good change and a smart fix, but everything else about the ability is fine. Its a very equal trade.
  18. Ev3ntHorizon

HAHAHAH you cant read this chart for anythgin can you?,,, BIG NUMBER MEAN BETTER.... WRONGGGGG!!!!!!!!

ignore kills, the critical numbers are player count and hit count. adjust the figures for player number over hitcount and you get a true picture of kills and registered damage. the Quasar and Cosmos have almost double the kills over any NC weapon and a good 2/3 over the TR. Lets not play silly ********. we both know you are deliberately reading the stats wrong
  19. Taiga

exploiting a broken part of a game is not a "legitimate" tactic. PS2 even has a report reason for people who glitch into terrain of the maps, which is a broken part of the game, and not a hack. glitching into the terrain is not a "valid tactic" as you call it, its an exploit that is in the game that the devs simply have not gotten around to fixing.

as for ZOE. ZOE is not a fair tradeoff as you have it. i consider the fact that ZOE takes a bit more damage while active absolutely null and void in the fact that they move so fast that they can avoid most types of damage. just look at lockdown, they get increased firepower for a decrease in mobility. on the other hand you have ZOE which gets an increase in firepower for on INCREASE in mobility, and in reality, a DECREASE in damage taken due to the fact that when you move at speeds faster than infantry, you can AVOID most types of damage. on paper, YES, zoe takes a bit more damage, but in REALITY, ZOE users actually take LESS damage.
  20. Bill Hicks

I think adding a activation time would help alot. I notice ZOE maxes simply turn it off when they take damage and instantly turn it on to run around a corner to get repaired.

Also making them un repairable would make it situational. How many time have TR and NC been killed by a strafing ZOE max that is being repaired?