ZOE max is still to powerfull

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Nocturnal, May 29, 2013.

1. Fumblewatt

"We are immobile. You are wrong."
    The amount of intelligent use and DAKKA negates lockdown immobility, add on top of that the reload speed and you have a more powerful max than before.

See? ...
    Apparently it is according to SoE's balancing, same thoughtful balancing goes for the striker which sits on a neat SPH on par with phoenix/lancer but requires 0 skill at all.

Inconsistent traits.. 'nuff said. Quoted for truth.
  2. Hagestol

I don't know how to make your maxes deal damage faster. It already deals like six times as much damage as other maxes, the only weakness is getting close. The shield is a buff to that.

See infantry at longer than 10m range? Walk towards them, shield up if they start shooting. If they run then you gained ground, if they stay then you'll kill them with 100% (give or take) health left.
    Either way you've gained an advantage in the battle. They can't increase your damage more, you already instagib people close. They can only help your survivability so you get there - and thats what the shield is for.
  3. Citizen H

All three abilities needs to be available to each faction. That's the only way to make it balanced.
    2 out of 3 having buffed AA isn't balanced. 1 out of 3 having an ability that has little to no value in an offensive push (aka crash) that is the primary use of MAX, isn't balanced either.
  4. Luminus

Hey folks, important news here.
    ZOE isn't killing you, the bullets are. The buff to the VS MAX AI weapons is the reason you fall over dead when you run into a VS MAX.

The fact that he can do it in ONE LESS BULLET after spending some 1500 certs isn't completely relevant.

So cry as hard as you can to the developers to nerf one more VS thing since it seems to have been working ever since they changed magriders into bath toys for you all.
  5. TimeRabbit

All 3 Maxes abilities are great. IMO Aegis shield is a beast when used with coordination. Everyone knows the best offense is a good defense.
  6. XRIST0

Yeah zoe max needs to be toned down , it annihilates my dual mercy max before i can even get him down to half health o_O with zoe activated ?

I thought they were supposed to take more damage ? so how is it that they can outgun dual mercy max's with ease ..

Its not even a fair fight , not at all . I cant lockdown infront of a max thats already shooting me ? the ability is cheap .

The amount of damage it does is insane .. its hilarious reading the vanu players comments claiming its "fine" though haha , please ..
  7. Taiga

1 brick of c4 kills a non-zoe max too. 2 rockets also kills a non zoe max as well as a zoe max. zoe literally doesnt make it any easier to kill with the main things that kill maxes, but in fact makes it much MUCH harder. a strafe spamming zoe can dodge rockets with ease, and forget trying to c4 them, they just run away with that dumb f*cking speed boost anyways.
  8. Ash87

Then flank them. Has worked rather well for me thusfar.
  9. BadLlama

You are absolutely correct, VS MAXes were already insane at killing infantry before ZOE thanks to the weapons buff making Blueshifts ridiculous. Only now they do more damage and are on a platform that is more mobile than a HA and still takes 10x as many bullets to drop as a HA while being much harder to hit thanks to ****** netcode.
  10. Slab Bulkhead

Tactics are OP and need to be nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  11. Fumblewatt

Nope, according to the logic around here, the ZOE max will turn 360 like that girl in the exorcism, jump over you and pimpslap you with quasar. Reasonable stuff like flanking got nothing to do with this game.
    • Up x 1
  12. Chipay

Magrider and scythe anyone?
  13. DarkenShade

Nothing is wrong with Zoe, what is wrong are the people not using intelligent tactics against it. Like shooting it... with anything. 1 of any explosive kills or nearly kills a zoe MAX. (not sure about nades, I dont stick around for them to blow up) The NC and TR on Connery dont seem to have trouble killing me and the few other Zoe's I've seen around. (I am the only rank 5 ZOE I know of) Honestly until I got used to the speed and damage increase of it, It was getting me killed more often. The strafing thing may be a problem for a few, but ive never used it so i cant say if its awesome or not.
  14. Ash87

Actually, I think we have a ZOE alternative... Exorcist ability. The head spins around wildly and it backwards crab walks everywhere, while barking like a dog and screaming obscenities.

Danged Alien technology.
  15. Ghosty11

It seems that the TR and NC have gotten so used to beating down VS Maxes in the first 6 months of the game that they now need an ability that forces the VS Max to **** itself so the TR and NC can kill them even faster.

Edit- It seems G I M P is a filtered word?
  16. Taiga

flanking works in any situation for ANYTHING.
    nasty vanguard shelling a base? flank it.
    nasty prowler shelling a base? flank it.
    killer squad of enemies laying down fire? flank them.
    flankflankflankflankflankflank. is that all you idiots know how to say? flanking is not how things should balance out. ZOE is not balanced, and flanking(a general purpose manuever that can be used to counteract ANYTHING) should not be the only solution to it.
  17. Ash87

Your right.

Get a Light Assault and fly over it.
  18. BatouSection9

If anything, they should just nerf the damage increase entirely, I don't think it was ever meant to have a damage buff while active.

Nerfing its momentum speed absolutely defeats the purpose of the Zoe Module in its entirety.

That's what our faction is supposedly specialized in. Along with that bullet drop nonsense. We we're meant to have our Max ability's ported from PS1 ,yet while TR and NC seem to have theirs, developers seem to have struggled with ours. Dumping our ability completely for some half-***** version of a slight movement increase while crippling our defense.

Looking at the situation now, the complaints of this Zoe Module's slightly increased momentum and almost un-noticeable damage buff, while every other faction's ability's are un-touched, (with a Zoe nerf already underway) makes everything laughable.
    • Up x 1
  19. Taiga

i wish i could but they run so fast that it's near impossible to actually get them with c4 before they:
    A. see you and take the .05 seconds to step out of range of your c4
    B. see you and shoot the hell out of you
    C. dont even see you and still manage to get of range of your c4 because who needs to stand still when you can run as fast as infantry in a suit of tank grade armor.
  20. DarkenShade

Also known as flanking, hehe