ZOE Isn't Gamebreaking, It's UP.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Timperium, May 22, 2013.

1. Zapon

WHOA, this is false- they don't move like this at all right now- oh, May 13, that's why....

Heavies are now not slower than ZOE maxes

..WOW, WTF? Where's the momemtum?

That's OP- they didnt have any momemtum. LOLOLOL

So that's this ADAD thing all of you guys are talking about? LOLOL

HAHAHAHHA

yea, those ZOE maxes would murder 10 of the real ZOE max in-game

-Yea, there's momemtum in game- That's bugged hard- and that's not what they do now. LOL, Moon gravity couldn't do that.

Sir Issac Newton rolled over in his grave.
    • Up x 2
  2. Neodymius

That video is from the PTS, when the sprint+ZOE speed was bugged causing it to travel at ridiculous speeds, it does not travel nearly as fast as that now.
    • Up x 2
  3. Zapon

um, the speed isn't bugged OP in that video necessairly, the momemtum is, HARD- that's not even ADAD- that's pure direction changes xD
  4. Myka

Can anyone test damage increases from levels 1 through 5?
  5. MasonSTL

Yeah I just noticed after I posted this that a recent update was added so nevermind this video.

And to the OP; the thread you are responding to was posted the same day (or maybe day before) I shot this video FYI. So new changes have been made and I had told the OP on the other post that it was inevitable to make those changes. The guy was overreacting :p
  6. Rhaeyn

Yea.. no matter what, it's usually like "the new thing just killed me. I don't care that it might take a week or two to get used to it, because it is BREAKING THE GAME and it's LITERALLY worse than HITLER and AIDS and it will cause famine and droughts! It's the worst thing that has ever happend EVER!!".
    It's always black or white, there is no grey for these people.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kireles

Right... for AI the benefit that ZOE gives was never about the damage increase, it is the movement increase. Yes, if you only care about AI fighting with your MAX, then only take rank 1 of ZOE, it's only 150 certs. But if you want to kill vehicles or aircraft, see the difference between no ZOE and rank 5 ZOE, it's very powerful, not as powerful as lockdown (in raw DPS), but it shouldn't be, because we don't get rooted in place.
    At the moment I say ZOE is the best of the MAX abilities as it is the most solo friendly, while aegis shield only has a real impact on the game when used in full co-ordination with others. Lockdown is ok solo but it's not something I'd be comfortable with without knowing there's a trust worthy friendly around covering my ****.
  8. Timperium

The MS increase is nice, don't get me wrong, but it just does not justify the increased damage you take imo coupled with the fact that you light up like a Christmas Tree making yourself an easy target.
  9. Zapon

Um, lvl 5 is one less bullet to kill, so rank one of ZOE- which we don't know the damage buff-

is insignificant, as it ...probably is .20 less damage to kill, and that will never come into play unless someone is damaged to a certain point.

We don't get a speed buff at all with level increases, so right now the max ZOE levels are ...either bugged, or ...useless, quite useless

Infantry Updates
    New VS MAX Ability: Zealot Overdrive
    • Increases movement speed while active
    • Speed buff does not increase with cert level
    • Decreases armor effectiveness while active
    • Increases weapon damage while active
    • Damage increases with cert level
    and lvl 5 is one less bullet to kill- against infantry with all weapons
    Against vehicles, it seems there's no tangible difference
  10. MasonSTL

look at the time that thread was started... changes where made recently to the ZOE speed since then. look at my video, that was pre speed decrease.
  11. Hagestol

There is actually a difference vs vehicles. Vortex is one less lvl 2 chargeup, so 3 complete charge ups vs a tank and the comets require two less shots? So some, but not enough for 2000 certs.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ronin Oni

Momentum stopped this from working since Test.

Quit watching old youtube videos of it
    • Up x 2
  13. Zapon

Fixed :D
    • Up x 1
  14. Zotamedu

You totally missed one of the main advantages of ZOE, the buff in movement speed. A ADADing MAX is seriously hard to take down.
  15. Kireles

yeah, the one shot reduction vs infantry is why I said "only get rank 1" but a 20% increase vs vehicles with comets and bursters is not to be scoffed at.
  16. Zenanii

Taking damage drop-off into account, I suppose rank 1 might allow you to kill with one less bullet at point blank while rank 5 will allow you to kill with one less bullet at max damage fall-off distance?

Anyone know how much extra damage you take while ZOE is active?
  17. Ronin Oni

Speed works...

ADAD no longer does because of momentum
  18. Zapon

it can no longer do that. Check my post at the top of this page quoting a video of the ADAD max

and you'll see

#1. ADAD max is overpowered
    #2. ADAD max was a glitched bugged max that would SOLO 10 current VS maxes in game
    #3. It has been fixed- and right now, there is heavy momemtum with the ZOe mode
    #4. What needs to change is the ZOE max movement speed- it's now slower than infantry, and any MAX's charge dash ability is faster.
    • Up x 1
  19. Xasapis

There is one problem, the ZOE that hit live has momentum. While the movement speed can be comparable to a soldier, the strafing speed is a lot slower. Much faster than a non-ZOE max, but a lot slower than a soldier. You can't ADAD with ZOE. The feeling is more like if you're on a boat rocking left and right than the zipping left and right ADAD would imply.
  20. Myka

Unbelievable that some chumps can't seem to make the distinction between an out of date test server video and the live version. What part of 'ADAD no longer works' do these idiots not understand?

The question still remains though: We need to know what damage increase ZOE provides at levels 1 through 4. We know it's one less bullet TTK on AI weapons at level 5, but we need to know whether the preceding levels provide damage increases.

It's either only worth buying one level, or only worth buying all the levels. Which is it?