When are Premium Members getting the free month they DESERVE?!?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Your Future Ex, May 5, 2013.

1. Liquid23

no the deal was not changed... you still HAVE to pay for it... SOE just decided to throw it in as a bonus to some people who spent money elsewhere with them... it's absolutely no different than if a bunch of new of people suddenly decided to Subscribe all at once... Do you see people crying that they were screwed because SOE gave some free Camo and they had to pay for camo? OMG they gave it to YOU the deal changed man... your a freeloaded and ruining this game I demand compensation because I had to pay for my Camo months ago so you getting it free changed the deal... lol no the deal was not altered in any way and you are still getting exactly what you were told yo uwould when you payed for the sub

besides it's been posted numerous times, not sure if it's true but they should have done it to begin with, that the Devs said on twitter or whatever they were going to extend a free month to all current subscribers too... which not only would invalidate your entire complaint but make you seem petty and childish
    • Up x 1
  2. Drealgrin

companies always **** over pre-existing customers in favor of the new guy. Unortunately that's standard business.
  3. LT_Latency

omg, They are not paying for it every month.

It is total different then if tons of people sigh up. If lots of people sub up and i have to wait then I was wrong about how many people would get it and that my fault. This was a change to those condition which lets more people have it.
  4. usages wnbgrintooth

You are correct but truth is if it annoyed someone enough to do a charge back to their card they would probably get it through. In my experience the companies generally help their customers with problems like this and not the companies. Not saying it is the right thing to do by any means either but I have a feeling if they wanted they could get a refund.

From what I have read it would be a silly thing to do if they are going to give paying members a free month anyway...if that is true then why is this such a bad thing? I am a paying member and don't really mind it...Even without the free month...yes I just quit tonight when I tried to warp and was #96 in line to warp...not worth the time to wait...but come on...if this is your whole life you might have a bigger problem anyway. A month isn't that bad.
  5. Liquid23

nope... your deal was exactly "you get in queue ahead of non-members" that was IT... now there are more members, why is irrelevant to this argument... you are still getting in ahead of non-members so the deal itself was not changed

lol a lot of CC now a days, especially ones outside the US, will let you backcharge for pretty much any reason... and as I said I understand being annoyed by longer queue times... but claiming SOE "changed it's deal" or other nonsense like that when they are still giving members word for word what they told them they were getting is just silly
  6. Rebelgb

Since OP is a simpleton and we have given him far too much attention, like a ****** at a family picnic who everyone would rather ignore but somehow feels obligated to acknowledge......I will point out the obvious:

I am getting what I paid for as a Premium Member, that has not changed.

If having non members join and become more active, or God forbid the recruit friends to start playing...and this all leads to more people playing the game....

Im all for it and great job SOE.

OP log off.
    • Up x 2
  7. LT_Latency

Yes it is.

If you buy concert tickets for a seat and then the build a wall in front of that seat. You still have the same seat but you can say What the hell there is a wall in front of my seat now

Things where changed. If nothing was change I would still be waiting 3 mins tops instead of 50+
    • Up x 1
  8. Liquid23

that is a completely incorrect and flawed analogy... it's more like you bought tickets to a concert then a radio show gave a bunch away for free so now you have to wait in line a tad longer because there are more people

again you are getting EXACTLY what they said you were when you paid for the subscription... no more no less... the queue time changed but you were never sold anything more than a guarantee to be ahead of non-members... there was never a promise that there suddenly wouldn't be more members thus making the queue times much longer...
  9. LT_Latency

You can't tell people you are selling them exclusive access to something. Then give that access away that is false advertising.
  10. MichaelS

Hmm, this promotion is the worst I can think of. The loyal member is a loyal payer camo/title and even worse the other members get screwed because they are offered better conditions for the subscription.

I can understand that I get nothing for being a member in the past, because I had a reward, but not getting anything right now sucks ***.
  11. Liquid23

they didn't tell you you were getting exclusive access to the queue... just that you got in ahead of the non-members... which you still do... when there are non-members getting in ahead of you you come back cause then you will have an argument

also giving it away free even if they had would not be false advertising... saying buy membership... membership gives you exclusive access to XXX... then giving membership away free is NOT false advertising... if they just gave the specific item XXX you were promised was exclusive to membership away to non-members than yeah it would be...
  12. LT_Latency

Yes it is,

Because you buy it based on how good it will be. If you can ONLY buy it. It's a 3 min wait. If it's given away for free it a hour wait. The vaule of the product just change which people though about when decided wether or not to get it in the first place.

We are getting the month back anyways, So sony knows the made a mistake so it doesn't matter
  13. SgtScum

Not sure why the powers that be decided to leave out the real loyal soldiers who paid their dues with premium membership.

The free month was given out to literally everyone past the ones who actually were loyal and subbed up.

Wut?

Saying that I scarfed up a six month sub @ $9.99 a month and gleefully await the next triple $C event. :D
  14. Krayus_Korianis

I don't see how people are being so narcissistic about this whole thing... Free month YOU deserve? It's for people who aren't subscribed, to entice them to subscribe.
  15. SgtScum

Welp in that case it should have been called the 'undecided sitting on the fence soldier' bundle..
  16. Zapon

The more -people thing goes farther though.

There's a case which shuts the OP's argument down cold- if the amount of total members, paying and non-paying, is decreasing by a rate at which the game won't survive long enough for people to finish your paid memberships ,sans ideas like this limited promotion

-is there really a case to be made by others, when this determines their fate as well?(and the fate of what they paid for)
  17. Mperor

This has occurred many times without any updates And... I think my Core i7, 16 GB RAM and GTX680 would be enough to handle the login..don't you think?! Welcome to the reality world..really man! :rolleyes:
  18. Shockwave44

Who says they're going to keep buying it?
  19. Stew360

Actually i just think the way the Excludes the Premium member but also anyones who have bougth something pass april 03 is really ... well a bad moove

Because all this we can understand its a marqueting thing but they advertise it as a (( LOYALTY reward )) and whos more loyal than regular paying custumers and loyal subscribers to premium membership ?

It was a great moove to give a free month for all those peoples to get them back into the game and maybe make them want to get a membership But the problem is they should not have excluded current owners of the membership it was a bad moove , it make them look silly and unfair and all the (( LOYALTY thing )) loose all its credibility since its clearly a marketing thing to get more pwoples to pay for the game ... Its all good having more proples paying for the game... iam all for it

But like i said they should have include the premium member as well in this offer , instead of having them disapointed .. So now they will have to patch this up instead of making it great in the first place

If a guy who bougth a 10 $ of SC is consider (( loyal )) and this worth a 1 months free as well as SC for free

Why a guy who bougth ALPHA SQUAD + 150 to 200 $ worth of SC + 75 $ or more for 6month + subs Are not considered (( loyal enough )) to get this promotion ?

that was silly and need a solution
  20. Evil Monkey

Straw man #1. It would be fine if it did. But it isn't, and they won't.

Straw Man #2. Poor analogy to boot. Giving people a free camo is fine. No one loses. But by adding queue times to the truly "loyal" members; someone does "lose."

Straw Man #3. When you make stuff up and try to put it in others' mouths, I suggest you use less hyperbole.

Actually, no. They paid to be premium members, which means they paid to have access ahead of a vast majority of the player base. Now they are on par with the vast majority of the player base - something they chose to pay to avoid.

Here's a more accurate analogy:
    You pay extra for a premium ticket to the movies which includes the "fast lane" for tickets so you don't have to wait in queue - which means only a couple of minutes to get into your cinema seats, at most. Then you find out everyone has been allowed to use the same fast lane, for free, and you suddenly have to wait 45 minutes in queue.

Note: I don't care personally as I am quite happy playing on any continent. Nor do I deny SOE has a right to give out "free" membership (albeit minus a significant benefit - i.e. queue times). But it seems a little disingenuous to suggest the most "loyal" players (i.e. subscribers) have not been disadvantaged at all.