"Loyal" Soldier Bundle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Adara, May 3, 2013.

1. Adara

So I was happy to see these free perks being given to everyone who has spent money in-game... and then I saw the fine print:

What the...

Doesn't it seem a little odd that your MOST loyal customers (you know... those who are currently paying your salaries) are excluded from receiving a month of free membership? I understand the rationale behind the event - you want to entice non-members to sign up for membership... but seriously, how about giving $15 worth of SC or something to all of the current premium members who are actually supporting this game for all of the non members? Wouldn't that entice them to continue supporting your company?

It also makes no sense that players who have made in-game purchases since April 3rd should be excluded from the event. Again, your loyal members (RE: those who are actively supporting your game) are left in the dust.

Please make things right with your paying subscribers / those who are shelling out their money for you.
    • Up x 18
  2. f0d

i was hoping it might have added an extra month of membership to my account
    but nope :(
    • Up x 3
  3. Greenspore

This is ridiculous! I bought $15 dollars worth of in game items on April the 6th and now I like so many others get excluded because of the timing of when I choose to spend my purchased in game currency!
    • Up x 1
  4. kungflu

well from games like wow, aion, runescape, etc i think people should have learned that membership passes or whatever is not the way to go. cause **** like this happens.
    literally a jagex move, give a little taste of trial membership, and then the game died - runescape.
    • Up x 1
  5. ih8Darian

Maybe you shouldn't complain about free stuff not being good enough
    I for one think it's very nice that SOE is doing this
    • Up x 9
  6. Sifer2

Doesn't that just mean that people who saw the stuff, and decided to buy something today to get the bundle don't get it? Which makes sense as it's not really a loyalty reward if opportunist can get it. But if means that people with active subs from before today don't get the rewards then that should be fixed.
    • Up x 3
  7. sham

You ever think they might have a members only reward in the future? This particular part of this reward is geared towards non members who have spent their money on the game. Some of whom, like me, may have spent many times the amount of cash a subscriber has.

From SOE's point of view it is a good move to try to generate good will with the people who spend cash on this game and are not members whilst also hoping to encourage them to become members.

And just out of curiosity, why did you think your thoughts needed a brand new thread rather than post on one of the other threads on the first page about this?
    • Up x 2
  8. Macchus

i dont have a current premium sub and i think all you guys got screwed .. mentioned it in game and someone was like why should they get an extra free month ? Maybe because they are the most loyal ?
    • Up x 3
  9. Macchus

just out of curiosity why did you have to be that guy ?
    • Up x 1
  10. Adara

Maybe you should re-read the OP. Those of us that actually pay money are not getting free stuff.
    • Up x 2
  11. ih8Darian

Maybe you should re-read my post, isn't loyalty camo free?
    • Up x 2
  12. Adara

I could care less about a free camo. Those of us that actually spend a fair bit of our hard earned money on this game have multiple camos unlocked. What WOULD be nice is the free SC that we are missing out on.
    • Up x 1
  13. sham

Oh, now you've done it. You've got me wondering why did you have to be that guy?
    • Up x 1
  14. ih8Darian

My other file is a beta player, alpha squad, already have 1 month membership, circuit board camo for my infantry, had a total of ~15000 SC, and I have: Desert camo v2, Esamir Snow, and Amerish Grassland camos. I don't mind this new loyalty bundle at all, I probably won't use the camo ever but I'm glad that SOE is kind enough to do this for the people who don't have a membership
    • Up x 2
  15. Tobax

They are getting a months free membership for faster queues and so on, but they are not getting the free 500SC that current paying members get.
    • Up x 3
  16. Dramma Lamma

Completely agree with OP.

Active paying members should have gotten something that the other people did not, for you know actually continually supporting the company.
    • Up x 3
  17. Bill Hicks

LOL they know you already paid money, and by human nature, you will not walk away from a game that you spent real money in. They are trying to get the ones who play alot but havent spent any cash.
  18. Xebov

I also dont like how they made it. Giving out a free month only to player who dont have a subscription is not the best idea. Giving out the Camo for players with that limit is also not the best idea as it locks out players who bought stuff after the date or might buy stuff to get there hands on the camos?

I actually never spend any money, i get enought certs to buy the guns, but i would like some aestetics, but i yet wait for a sifi looking armor for the classes that can has decails on its shoulders and sifi looking helmets that are closed and a nice looking camo (i actually like the one they gave out free). I actually dislike all the flaming skulls and lights they added as they dont fit the lore of an army and just make you more visible to your enemys, i even ask myself who had the idea to add all this light to tanks and aircrafts instead of crafting lore fitting equpment and appearance parts for the vehicles that dont block sight for your gunners (unlike the galaxy fins who block part of the turrets).
  19. Greenspore

I feel ripped off.
  20. Tobax

We did, our 500SC that the free-members didn't get.