A SCATMAX tries the Mercy (yup)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Laraso, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Saigak

Before i leave that. You should agree in fact that - eng wouldnt be leave his turret until being damaged. And if you payed for some attention before u start shooting at them there was large amount of explosions inside the room. So like im say - high damaged infantry its not a option.
  2. Laraso

He had full shields and around 60 - 70% of his health. He was not heavily damaged, but in good condition, and the Mercy made very short work of him at close range.
    • Up x 3
  3. EliteEskimo

So what you're saying is a skilled Max user can use any Max and be effective!?!?!?!:eek:

Seriously though, a skilled Max user could do way more in a NC Hacksaw Max than a Dual Mercy Max. You showing you're a good player to get kill streaks is no evidence the the Mercies are better than the NC Max. You can look no further than Devrailis to see what I'm talking about.
    • Up x 1
  4. Plunkies

First of all, you spam those to brag. Second of all, the hacksaw was least effected by the ROF and overall dps nerf. The 3 shots to kill combined with the new incredibly slow ROF means that a standard scat max is going to kill infantry at 8m slower than a mercy more often than not.

As I said before, the hacksaw should have been relegated to ultra high dps at extremely close ranges through damage falloff and accuracy, and the standard scattercannons should have been balanced against enemy maxes only, equalizing at a 10-13m range.
  5. Laraso

I'm not a good player nor did I ever claim to be. I may be a bit above average, but there are still many who are far better than me.

Yes, you can get kill streaks with Hacksaws, but you can do the same exact thing with a Mercy. Really, after using them I can't really see many reasons to be carrying around shotguns on my MAX anymore. The Mercy killed very fast at the ranges in which shotguns are effective, and frankly the Hacksaw doesn't really seem to hold any solid advantages over it.

As I've said to a few other people already in this thread, my argument does not lie within the killstreak, but rather the things I've learned from using the Mercy which I already went into detail about in the latter half of my original post.
    • Up x 3
  6. EliteEskimo

15m and under the NC Hacksaw Max will beat any Mercy Max 1v1 if the NC Max users lands his shots. 15m and under is where you hold the advantage over the Mercy Max, I know because that is where I lose my fights against them the vast majority of the time.
  7. Laraso

I'm not talking about MAX vs MAX. The Hacksaw requires extended magazines to beat a Mercy Max, but that's irrelevant to what I was saying.

This entire thread was built around MAX vs Infantry balance, not MAX vs MAX. I already said the NC MAX was stupidly overpowered against other MAXes.
    • Up x 3
  8. Jube

The main problem I see with the Max suits it the armor differences. This is where SoE is making the mistake, by giving one faction greater armor than the rest you are giving a unfair advantage to that faction.
    Now let me clarify that statement if I can.
    I'm only talking about Max suits not vehicles, I get that the "thing" about the NC is better armor but when it come to the Max's it simply shouldn't be part of it.
    Having shotguns vs. lasers vs. Gatling guns is easy enough to balance dps wise, but where they are tipping the balance is in the armor department.
    Once you give one faction better armor then the other sides want better weapons to counter that armor, now balancing becomes much more difficult.

Wouldn't be a simpler solution to make the Max suits basically the same across the board in terms of armor and damage per second with their base weapons and then offer the "NS" weapons as an upgrade. Thus each faction can have their "Faction flavor" if they prefer or they can have the slightly better "NS" weapon which is available to all factions.
    This would finally end the endless debate on who has the better Max suit.
  9. Laraso

Um, what? This is just like when people tell me the Reaver has better armor than other ESF.

The armor values are identical across all factions.
    • Up x 5
  10. Zaik

it's not 15m, it's 8m. after that the shotgun pellets drop from 134x6 to 50x6. you would need 34 shots with the hacksaws where every pellet hit(which is impossible with a 4 pellet spread btw) once you pass that 8m mark.

the vanguard is the only faction specific thing that has higher armor values than the other two.
  11. Dagonlives

So here is the logic as I see it:

Premise 1. Scattercannons are nerfed.

Premise 2. Therefore Mercies need to be nerfed.

Conclusion: This will make things 'balanced'

Won't that bring us back to square one as far as MAX on MAX combat goes? Which you know, was horridly in favor of the NC? Sounds exactly like the magrider nerf and prowler nerf stuff i'd heard before.

I am kind of enjoying the fact that the NC can't just throw 50 MAXes into a biolab and kill everything now. They actually need to think like the other factions in CQC a little bit now.

Getting killed instantly in my kinetic 5 MAX suit was incredibly frustrating. There was no counterplay option to speak of. Now at least they need extended mags to take me out and have to actually AIM.

As far as TR MAX goes: there is counterplay options to a mercy. I've gotten fairly good at dropping people with 8 shots to the head, but the good players CAN escape. They do often get away, and they are often fast enough to C4 my ***. This is not the case with a scatter max. They simply kill you too quickly.
    • Up x 1
  12. Laraso

Please show me where I suggested a Mercy nerf.

• Up x 4
  13. Jrv

It's pretty obvious now that this update has put the MAX hierarchy on it's ***.

TR>NC>VS

Hacksaws were ridiculously over-nerfed, to the point where they're utterly inferior to most things.
    • Up x 2
  14. EliteEskimo

My bad I thought it was Max vs everything balance. Still 15m and under is your optimal range which no other MAX can amount to in infantry killing power. 15m+ and the damage dropoff starts to weigh in heavily. Mercies also do not instagib unless you land a head shot , and a bunny hoping shield HA can at times be an annoyance for a Mercy Max, however such is not the case with the Hacksaw Max. Post nerf the Maxes are getting to where they should be, and somehow I don't foresee the NC Max getting any more nerfs in the future so you'll still face rol al Mercy Max 15m and under till they finally decide to fix it.
  15. Jrv

BS

You can't kill a mercy max in one clip at 15m, that's a complete lie. You have to be within 5m to kill another max with a full extended magazine on both arms, and most times it takes the entire clip on both arms, leaving you completely helpless while reloading, which happens to be the longest reload time of any weapon in the entire game.
  16. rumblepit

he never mention that he had to fire almost 10,000 rounds to get 90 kills. but we have superior accuracy....... lmmmmaoooo
    • Up x 1
  17. EliteEskimo

15 Meters is the furthest range where I lose to them in my MAX where the NC max will have a little health left. 8 meters is just instant win range for an NC Max.
  18. Laraso

That's 90 kills within 30 minutes. Rounds fired is irrelevant.
    • Up x 4
  19. Chipay

"I have only one thing to say to the TR/VS: Get over yourselves."

I'm not gonna get over myself if my faction has a Max that pretty much gets outperformed by TR and NC Max'es (oh **** no bullet drop on AV guns YEAH)
  20. Zaik

you apparently have no concept of the distance a meter covers in game then, because what you are describing is literally not possible within the rules of the game.

you can set your render distance to 8 or 15 meters in the ini file if you need help figuring it out.